2022 NCAA Softball Tournament | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Their pitcher Maxwell deserved better. That was like the Marx Brothers.

That error that squirted to the outfield allowed 2 runs. Maxwell would get the next 2 outs so that error was what made 5-4 be 5-6. Surely Maxwell wasn't as dominant as before, but it would've still been enough to win the game.

OK St needs to hit the transfer portal hard next year and replace some of those top hitters. With Maxwell returning, and Oklahoma sustaining a few losses (Alo namely) .... they might be able to finally get past them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
OT--Texas A&M has hired Arizona St.'s coach. Going from first in the Pac 12...to near the bottom of the SEC. Gotta be all about that $$$.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
-Texas A&M has hired Arizona St.'s coach. Going from first in the Pac 12...to near the bottom of the SEC. Gotta be all about that $$$.
They said a few years back that she had some personnel issues. I have no idea how accurate, although during the regionals one of the announcers quoted her as saying "only certain players can play for her". Will be interesting to see how this works out.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Two Oklahoma St games going on at the same time.

Going for Oklahoma St both games. I hate Texas for what they did with Vic, and I just hate Arkansas baseball in general. Their redneck fans more specifically.

edit in* bad decision going with the Game 1 pitcher agaiin by Texas. Letting one pitcher go that long against a Top 5 team is just not smart.
Guess you were disappointed with both OSU teams losing last night. Texas' run in the post-season continues.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So...Texas probably should've been seeded, and not sent to Seattle for a Regional. Just saying. But the committee likes to screw the Huskies over any which way they can lately, so par for the course.
Texas not being seeded was a blessing in disguise. Had we been seeded #16, we could/would have had to play #1 Oklahoma in Norman in the Super Regionals in order to advance to the WCWS.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Texas not being seeded was a blessing in disguise. Had we been seeded #16, we could/would have had to play #1 Oklahoma in Norman in the Super Regionals in order to advance to the WCWS.
Washington has been there, done that, last year. After barely surviving having the Big 10 champ sent to them in the Regional. As much as Husky fans have been disappointed with their seeds recently, probably being unseeded and getting to knock off an overrated SEC team in the Regional, and then getting a decent set up in the Supers would probably be a better way to go. (although next year that will all be moot if they can't find some pitching, their 2 best on the hill are both gone)

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Washington has been there, done that, last year. After barely surviving having the Big 10 champ sent to them in the Regional. As much as Husky fans have been disappointed with their seeds recently, probably being unseeded and getting to knock off an overrated SEC team in the Regional, and then getting a decent set up in the Supers would probably be a better way to go. (although next year that will all be moot if they can't find some pitching, their 2 best on the hill are both gone)

Arkansas overrated? Guessing you didn't watch how good they were this year. Their seed was well deserved. They just ran into a team that was a beast in the 2nd half of the year. It's just a bad luck of the draw really. Had they got paired with UCF, Clemson, or Tennessee they would've had an easier path - because those were really not as good as their seeding indicated. Teams like Texas and Florida were tough draws and its just unfortunate for those teams that played them, really.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arkansas overrated? Guessing you didn't watch how good they were this year. Their seed was well deserved. They just ran into a team that was a beast in the 2nd half of the year. It's just a bad luck of the draw really. Had they got paired with UCF, Clemson, or Tennessee they would've had an easier path - because those were really not as good as their seeding indicated. Teams like Texas and Florida were tough draws and its just unfortunate for those teams that played them, really.
I wasn't singling out Arkansas in particular, even though that's who Texas played. I was taking a shot at the league overall.

However...UW whooped Arkansas 8-0 and 10-5 early in the season, so there's that.

Reaction Score
Anything can happen in a regional.....

FSU couldn't get out of the regional...yet, in season, went 6-0 against World Series teams Texas, UCLA, Oklahoma State, and Florida.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anything can happen in a regional.....

FSU couldn't get out of the regional...yet, in season, went 6-0 against World Series teams Texas, UCLA, Oklahoma State, and Florida.
Yeah, I recognize it only matters how you play in the post season, not what you did during the season. Washington was 8-1 against Arizona, Oregon St. and Stanford. All 3 of those won a Regional and 2 made it to the World Series.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
16-1 Oklahoma in Game 1. Good grief. Gonna have to launch a Senate hearing, gotta do something about the Sooners just being so much better than everybody else. Getting really anticlimactic these last 2 seasons. :eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Although it might be kinda fun watching them whoopin' the rest of the SEC once they move over there.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
16-1 Oklahoma in Game 1. Good grief. Gonna have to launch a Senate hearing, gotta do something about the Sooners just being so much better than everybody else. Getting really anticlimactic these last 2 seasons. :eek:
I only watched the 1st inning of the game but checked the score a couple of times after that, in the 3rd and 5th innings. I was wondering why the game was still going in the 5th, but chalked it up to the ESPN app. I had forgotten that there is no run rule in the Championship Series. :eek:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My unposted comment I typed last night: Well. That's it. Well.

The Sooners are simply transcendent this year. Similar to what I often say about UConn WBB, I'm not a fan (just like in Softball, I have my teams) but you cannot help but be an admirer. Downright impressive.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Im gonna miss this Oklahoma team next year. I mean they'll still be lots of players returning, but not at the full force of the 2021 and 2022 teams who still dominate even as we're approaching the era of parity.

Estelle Czech's face after giving up that home run is funny.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well...seeded teams not doing any better in baseball. #1 seed Tennessee got dumped in the Super Regional, several others either lost in Regionals or have their back against the wall in Supers. #2 and #3 seed could both get eliminated today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
WOW! 5 teams have punched their ticket to Omaha, only ONE of them is seeded. #1 and #4 are both gone.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't believe that many #1 seeded baseball teams have won the CWS.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't believe that many #1 seeded baseball teams have won the CWS.
It's one thing for the top overall seeded team to not win the Championship, but it's pretty weird seeing most of the seeded teams not even getting to Omaha. #2 and #3 both won yesterday to force a Game 3.

Reaction Score
It's one thing for the top overall seeded team to not win the Championship, but it's pretty weird seeing most of the seeded teams not even getting to Omaha. #2 and #3 both won yesterday to force a Game 3.

It's okay, #2 has made it through to Omaha. #3 is in deep trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom