2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 69 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw something about va tech
If she lands there, does she fit the "dawg" category you think is lacking on the roster? Genuine question. If yes, paired with Michaux, this could be very interesting.

Reaction Score
Just trying to get a sense as to the type of player that fits your definition. No explanations needed. We good ;)
Imo Greg, Traylor and soule were the players that showed toughness on defense last season. Now their gone

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I know it's in the other thread but I feel it's pretty noteworthy

Tennessee really got quite the haul in the portal.

Great pick up for Tennessee. She's a really intriguing prospect and a unique talent being a 6-0 PG with great athleticism. Was stellar in HS AA games but didn't get much PT at SC. Hope she blossoms in Knoxville.

Reaction Score
It says something that our transfer portal thread is 69 pages long and runs from December to August. Is any month not transfer month anymore???

Nope… open all year long

Reaction Score
Great pick up for Tennessee. She's a really intriguing prospect and a unique talent being a 6-0 PG with great athleticism. Was stellar in HS AA games but didn't get much PT at SC. Hope she blossoms in Knoxville.

The question will be… does she get a waiver approved or sit out the year. She did not enter the portal early enough for the one time transfer

Reaction Score
It says something that our transfer portal thread is 69 pages long and runs from December to August. Is any month not transfer month anymore???
While there are "dates" that players have to adhere to, their final decisions may take some time. The reason why I use "dates" is to piggy-back on @Geew1992 comment about the waiver she'll have to apply for. I still don't understand the logic of the approval being a foregone conclusion when there was a cut off date to enter the portal during the spring.

Reaction Score
While there are "dates" that players have to adhere to, their final decisions may take some time. The reason why I use "dates" is to piggy-back on @Geew1992 comment about the waiver she'll have to apply for. I still don't understand the logic of the approval being a foregone conclusion when there was a cut off date to enter the portal during the spring.
I’m a waiver situation, does the NCAA ask for input from the school the player is transferring from?

Just generally curious. I don’t see Dawn objecting in this case,

Reaction Score
I’m a waiver situation, does the NCAA ask for input from the school the player is transferring from?

Just generally curious. I don’t see Dawn objecting in this case,

The issue at hand is the rule that if one entered the portal after May 11, they didn't have the ability to play, even if it was their first time transferring. Some on the board believe waivers are still possible which is where I don't see the logic of having a deadline if this is the case.

Have to go back and re-read the changes to the waiver rules, but the NCAA eliminated several reasons that could have been used. Don't think it's a matter of Coach Staley objecting.

Reaction Score
The issue at hand is the rule that if one entered the portal after May 11, they didn't have the ability to play, even if it was their first time transferring. Some on the board believe waivers are still possible which is where I don't see the logic of having a deadline if this is the case.

Have to go back and re-read the changes to the waiver rules, but the NCAA eliminated several reasons that could have been used. Don't think it's a matter of Coach Staley objecting.
Better you than me. :cool:

Reaction Score
After the “new” of the portal wears off, I anticipate the high school (and some junior college) recruiting will be big starting in August through the fall and the portal recruiting will pick back up in mid-March through mid-July.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One more time...................get in where you fit in. She was not a good fit at SC. She couldn't get off the bench. Too much talent in front of her. I'll bet she did a much better job of "vetting" potential transfer opportunities this time. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Query..................... Does any other WCBB chatroom have a 69-page transfer portal that's updated daily like this one? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Query..................... Does any other WCBB chatroom have a 69-page transfer portal that's updated daily like this one? :rolleyes:
No idea but Raoul has already started a 2023-2024 Transfer list as apparently it's a new year per the NCAA calendar. Maybe the same should be done here?

Reaction Score

According to the official press release she will miss the upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom