2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 40 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He implied that the B1G's scheduling decision was impacting recruiting and I thought that was an uninformed opinion, which it is.
Gotcha. I didn't infer it that way. I took it as 2 unrelated statements.

Reaction Score
Here we go.... I hate when we get poached. And we seem to find quality kids. That's why I hope Edsall at least considers softening his stance on accepting transfers again. Do your homework on the kid if there's mutual interest. Don't simply give up on this route in terms of recruiting. I don't think we can afford to.

C

Chief00

We don’t have Illinois or Indiana scheduled past 2020 so why would what the B1G decided this bizarre year impact 2021 recruits. Actually, they may benefit from any rescheduling.
I either wasn’t clear or you missed my point. High level, we can’t say it matters and is a plus when we play P5 teams but then when we don’t it doesn’t matter.
Maybe it’s a one off odd year, but this conference prioritizing across the country at the expense of independent games isn’t a good omen for us. This has always happened but now they are mutually exclusive. A recruit going to a good conference school is taking on a lot less risk than if he goes to an independent school. How much does the future schedule we show him mean now when this proves it can evaporate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I either wasn’t clear or you missed my point. High level, we can’t say it matters and is a plus when we play P5 teams but then when we don’t it doesn’t matters.
Maybe it’s a one off odd year, but this conference prioritizing across the country at the expense of independent games isn’t a good omen for us. This has always happened but now they are mutually exclusive. A recruit going to a good conference school is taking on a lot less risk than if he goes to an independent school. How much does the future schedule we show him mean now when this proves it can evaporate?
With COVID-19, conferences are deciding to limit their exposure to other schools including other P5 conferences IF (and that's a BIG IF) they end up playing sports this fall. AND, there will be states that will tell their universities, no fall sports even if their conference is playing.

NY State has a 14 day quarantine in effect for out of state travelers to NY from many states including Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida. Do you think Syracuse will play their home games against Georgia Tech, NC St., and Florida St.? And what about the away games at Wake Forest and Clemson? The football team would have to quarantine for 14 days.

This is a one off year and everyone knows it including recruits. In the future, UConn will play P5 schools.

C

Chief00

Chief is wrong, Chief is wrong, it won’t impact next season. Oh wait a minute, Illinois (who just cancelled our 2020 game) just offered perhaps our best 2021 commit.
It would be great, if we could make every recruit think like we want them to - but it’s a lot more challenging out there on the grind.

Reaction Score
Chief is wrong, Chief is wrong, it won’t impact next season. Oh wait a minute, Illinois (who just cancelled our 2020 game) just offered perhaps our best 2021 commit.

It would be great, if we could make every recruit think like we want them to - but it’s a lot more challenging out there on the grind.

I was waiting for that... P5 trying to poach G5 kids is a new phenomenon of the Covid-19 pandemic. Got it.

C

Chief00

I think Tyler should de-commit since we haven’t gotten a recruit in the month since he committed. Note: Colleagues that’s just Chief’s sense of humor , so relax with any hyperbole.

Reaction Score
I think Tyler should de-commit since we haven’t gotten a recruit in the month since he committed. Note: Colleagues that’s just Chief’s sense of humor , so relax with any hyperbole.

ICYMI: It has been confirmed by multiple sources that the UConn staff received a 2021 commit on July 8th. The player just hasn’t made his public announcement yet.

Reaction Score
ICYMI: It has been confirmed by multiple sources that the UConn staff received a 2021 commit on July 8th. The player just hasn’t made his public announcement yet.

He won’t admit that cause that’s against his narrative.

Reaction Score
Yup...

Winsome Frazier is a 6-3 180lb DB/WR from Palm Beach Lakes High School in West Palm Beach Florida. Other offers from FAU, Illinois, Iowa State, Marshall, Maryland, Nebraska, Pitt, Tennessee State, UCF and USF.

Highlights

Another great football name...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom