2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 56 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
UConn offers Jonathan Alexander - 6'2' 215 S/CB in the transfer portal from K-State.

Alexander attended Garden City Community College and then Kilgore Community College followed spending the past two seasons at K-State where he got snaps in 2019, but opted to sit in 2020 due to COVid concerns. He entered the portal on 11/4 and recently picked up an offer from Miss St.

Looks like he may have familiarity with Sidney Walker who also attended Kilgore Community College.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
At one time this summer it was published on one of the recruiting sites UConn was the in house leader for TX CB Ore Adeyi. Looks like he might be flipping from Boise State to Northwestern.

Reaction Score
I saw this come through the Rivals updates this am. Rich getting richer. Obviously, Fickell was in a great position given the hometown connection, but he's turning his program into the Gonzaga of cfb. His crew is regularly beating out P5 guys for 3 and 4 star talent in his 4th year when you look at his 2022 commits and their offers. He's turning that program into his own little world aka Ohio State Lite. Definitely a strong local mix, but he's pulling guys now from all over. The G5 doesn't exist in his world. This transfer is a play on Sunday level talent, particularly with that coaching staff and the results they seem to get on D. You can definitely pull kids with the right guy, and once they have success it seems to be exponential. He's definitely putting teams like MSU, Michigan, Tennessee, Wv on notice with recruits.

Reaction Score
I saw this come through the Rivals updates this am. Rich getting richer. Obviously, Fickell was in a great position given the hometown connection, but he's turning his program into the Gonzaga of cfb. His crew is regularly beating out P5 guys for 3 and 4 star talent in his 4th year when you look at his 2022 commits and their offers. He's turning that program into his own little world aka Ohio State Lite. Definitely a strong local mix, but he's pulling guys now from all over. The G5 doesn't exist in his world. This transfer is a play on Sunday level talent, particularly with that coaching staff and the results they seem to get on D. You can definitely pull kids with the right guy, and once they have success it seems to be exponential. He's definitely putting teams like MSU, Michigan, Tennessee, Wv on notice with recruits.

Speaking as an eternal optimist, I say there's no reason this can't be done at UConn with the right, exciting brand of football, managed by the right head coach, playing an excellent schedule. Optimistically I mean.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Daytona Beach Florida DL Laron Davis still looking for a home (we were in his Top 7 back in June):

Reaction Score
Huskymedic - It seems like UConn is very close to done for the 2021 class. UConn had 75 on scholarship starting this year and Thomas is leaving which brings the scholarship count to 74. Add in the 14 current commits and that is 88 scholarships committed for 2021. I'm sure there will be more attrition, let's say 4 to 5. I'm assuming UConn will not go much over the 85 scholarship limit in 2021 so that might mean there are only a couple of spots left at best. I only see 1 or 2 offers going out over the past month, both transfer DBs. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Huskymedic - It seems like UConn is very close to done for the 2021 class. UConn had 75 on scholarship starting this year and Thomas is leaving which brings the scholarship count to 74. Add in the 14 current commits and that is 88 scholarships committed for 2021. I'm sure there will be more attrition, let's say 4 to 5. I'm assuming UConn will not go much over the 85 scholarship limit in 2021 so that might mean there are only a couple of spots left at best. I only see 1 or 2 offers going out over the past month, both transfer DBs. Thoughts?

I would agree... there is probably a surprise/flip-flop or two between the December and February signing dates but I think the numbers are close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom