2021 New York Giants Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 New York Giants Thread

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If they were going to run on 1st and 2nd down, they should have run on 3rd too so WFT had to burn another TO.
THAT is on Judge.

Reaction Score
When Bradberry made that interception, why did they decide to run Barkley up the middle for 2 plays when they knew he wasn't running the ball well instead of passing and taking advantage of the turnover. i am tired of the conservative approach and trying to protect the field goal because it usually ends up the way it did. I blame Judge for sure for that idea. looks so much like RE in these situations.

Reaction Score
I know that they wanted to make Washington use their timeouts, but couldn't some short passes have the same effect? I don't know, I believe that you go for the jugular any chance you get.

Reaction Score
I would also like to point out on the play when I think it was Bradberry going for the ball and hit the receiver a little early. He was going for the ball you can plainly see and i have seen that play called many times as long as the defender is going for the ball it is legal. Not in this case, they called interference. You can't have it both ways. either it is a penalty or its not. They have to clean up that rule one way or another. It was an important call on that play.

Reaction Score
Saquon is a shell of his former self. He literally cannot make a defender miss. Gibson is significantly better.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Saquon is a shell of his former self. He literally cannot make a defender miss. Gibson is significantly better.

If Gettleman's aim was to increase merchandising, Barkley was the correct pick. If it was to improve the product on the field, Gettleman should have been fired that Thursday, 5:00pm. Before the draft.

I said years ago (though I'm sure I heard it from somewhere else. I'm not that clever.) that a "workhorse" running back in the salary cap era is not the banana, nor the ice cream. It's the cherry.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
When Bradberry made that interception, why did they decide to run Barkley up the middle for 2 plays when they knew he wasn't running the ball well instead of passing and taking advantage of the turnover. i am tired of the conservative approach and trying to protect the field goal because it usually ends up the way it did. I blame Judge for sure for that idea. looks so much like RE in these situations.
It’s Garrett’s offense that sucks

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I would also like to point out on the play when I think it was Bradberry going for the ball and hit the receiver a little early. He was going for the ball you can plainly see and i have seen that play called many times as long as the defender is going for the ball it is legal. Not in this case, they called interference. You can't have it both ways. either it is a penalty or its not. They have to clean up that rule one way or another. It was an important call on that play.

You can't go through the receiver like he did. You can go for the ball, but if the receiver has position on you, you can't run him over to try to make a catch.

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's pass interference in the NFL everyday of the week. I think a similar play happened earlier in the game and wasn't called.

On the other hand, the officiating gets worse and worse every year. The play where McKissic tripped over the hash mark, untouched and gaining the first down was reviewed(!!) and they wrongly marked him down a yard and a half shy.

Husky25

Reaction Score
On the flipside, why did Scott Turner call for a timing pass pattern, when Antonio Gibson was gaining over 5 yards a clip?

Reaction Score
That's pass interference in the NFL everyday of the week. I think a similar play happened earlier in the game and wasn't called.

On the other hand, the officiating gets worse and worse every year. The play where McKissic tripped over the hash mark, untouched and gaining the first down was reviewed(!!) and they wrongly marked him down a yard and a half shy.

I would agree with you in most circumstances except for the fact that it has been called sometimes and then other times not. It is only 2 games this yeae, but last year it was said as long as the player is going for the ball it is not interference. Did they change the rule unbeknownst to me?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I would agree with you in most circumstances except for the fact that it has been called sometimes and then other times not. It is only 2 games this yeae, but last year it was said as long as the player is going for the ball it is not interference. Did they change the rule unbeknownst to me?

No. A defensive player could never run through another player to get to the ball.

I will agree that the consistency of officiating has deteriorated over the last dozen years or so.

Reaction Score
I know that they wanted to make Washington use their timeouts, but couldn't some short passes have the same effect? I don't know, I believe that you go for the jugular any chance you get.

Or a play action boot leg where you have 2 options to get the first, making it harder for the Skins D to defend. I get running it on 1st down play it safe see if you break one, why not PA on 2nd where the D might expect a run. Offense left 2 tds off the board from the downfield block on the Jones run, and the Slayton drop.

Reaction Score
You can’t play for the FG after the pick. That ultimately is on Judge who has the authority to guide the coordinators during crunch time. Jones was the best player in a Giants jersey last night. Let the final plays run thru him.
Horrible and yet predictable.

Reaction Score
Oh and I grew up during the 80s when the giants defense brutalized opposing quarterbacks- and not just LT.
How many times have we brought these two average/below average quarterbacks we’ve faced so far down to the ground?
Just once last night in the final drive if we could have gotten a sack the game would have ultimately ended. Just once.
Patrick Graham needs to step up his game and figure it out.

Husky25

Reaction Score
When was the last time the Giants kept the Patriots off TV in Connecticut due to TV contracts? Bad form by the NFL schedulers.

How is it that one of them are not playing a 4:25 or 8:30? I literally cannot remember the last time this happened.

Reaction Score
Losers losers. I’m not impressed with this upcoming draft class of qbs either Rattler, Howell and Slovis are overrated. I say build the team then go get the qb. 1st and 10 on the 50 , 2 minutes left you run the ball use clock your less then 20 yards from Ganos range.

Reaction Score
Saquon can’t make anyone miss. This whole team is a mess and it’s very hard to get excited to watch them when the result is always the same

Reaction Score
The only saving grace is the Bears also suck so there should be 2 top 10 picks along with a new coach and GM

Reaction Score
I still believe in Judge, he is not above criticism though. Gettleman and Garrett should be out now.

Reaction Score
I still believe in Judge, he is not above criticism though. Gettleman and Garrett should be out now.
Asking because I'm genuinely curious and would like to have a permanent coach, what exactly does he do well that he should stay?

Reaction Score
Asking because I'm genuinely curious and would like to have a permanent coach, what exactly does he do well that he should stay?
I didnt say he should be a permanent HC just not aboard the fire Judge bandwagon just yet. I like his disciplined approach we saw signs last year of some change, if Engram catches a pass last year Giants win the NFC East (yes I know the division was a joke last year). He has put the team in position to win, the players gotta make plays like not dropping easy passes to clinch a game or game sealing INTS (is that on Judge).

Now he has been idiotic about the use of the timeouts and handicapping the offense, hes 39 I believe he will be a winner now that may or may not be with the Giants. If were 2-1 winning the last 2 were having a
different conversation abut Judge. We wanna get rid of a coach after year 2 only to see that the next coach is not the answer, just saying Judge isnt a retread HC like Mcadoo or Shurmur.

Now I'm all for firing Judge if he won't make adjustments and theres no improvement, and we get a better coach, we all want the same thing. It doesn't matter what we think or who should stay or go, until we actually win none of it matters it feels like being a Lions fan watching this franchise.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom