OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 36 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Phoenix, actually mostly just Booker, was making tough shots the first three quarters, so I am not surprised they cooled off a bit in the 4th. It is hard for even NBA players to keep up that level of shooting against a very good defense. I think this is one of those games where a team went to their star a little too much rather than work everyone else into the offense. Cam Johnson in particular needs to get the ball more.

The Bucks continue to have too many dumb possessions, and this will be the reason they lose if they don't win 2 of the next 3. There are too many shot-clock killing isolations by Middleton, Holiday and Antetekuonmpo. Middleton and Antetekuonmpo score on a few of these which make them seem more effective than they really are. Wasting 10-12 possessions a game can be the difference between winning an losing. Booker's stupid 5th foul which sent him to the bench for 6 minutes bailed the Bucks out last night, but they have to play smarter.

The Bucks also need to play Lopez more and keep him closer to the basket. If the Bucks want more space for Giannis to operate then they need to keep Lopez on the baseline or block, and then flashing to the weakside on Giannis' drives. Forbes getting a DNP was puzzling in a game where the Bucks were struggling from outside.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree they need to find Cam Johnson more. Impressed with him and his improvement didn't think he'd be much more than an 11-12 guy on a bench he's a nice player. The game was lost when they called the 5th on Booker that's it. But of course he did get his 6th and they missed it, thinking they ignored simply as a make up. Fun series to watch like the fact there's no drama with the Nets and Lakers, much easier to watch. The so-called "stars" in this series do not whine and cry every time they feel they are fouled so a much easier watch.

Reaction Score
I feel like the Bucks get over-criticized whether it’s about coach Bud, Giannis not being able to shoot, Middletown and or holiday not being good enough secondary stars or the role players not being good. They are a weird team but they are two wins away from a championship and have been crapped on all season.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Skip is an absolute moron.

Also, everyone loves to criticize players or teams they see as superior, as though that means they can’t have any warts. It’s annoying. Lebron gets it too. If Lebron or Giannis shot like Ray, no one on the planet would stop them from scoring 60 and winning every single title.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Careful. Skip averaged 1.4 points per game on the JV team in high school.

That block was incredible.

That's not my point. I actually want to see Bayless try to block an Ayton dunk. Bayless would end up in the hospital.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I feel like the Bucks get over-criticized whether it’s about coach Bud, Giannis not being able to shoot, Middletown and or holiday not being good enough secondary stars or the role players not being good. They are a weird team but they are two wins away from a championship and have been crapped on all season.

I think the Bucks have been the best team in the NBA for 3 years, and they have a Conference Finals and a Conference Semi-finals appearance to show for it so far. I get that Giannis is a very unique player that requires a different approach to coaching to fully utilize, but Budenholzer makes $2 million a year so he is getting well paid to figure it out. And if he solves this, he will get paid a lot more.

The closest example I can think of where a team was right at the top for a long stretch but couldn't win a title was maybe Steve Nash's Phoenix Suns teams of the late 2000's. The difference with that team was that Nash had to get past Duncan's Spurs and Kobe's Lakers. The Bucks got stopped from making the Conference Finals the last two years by inferior teams, and they are playing a good but very inexperienced Suns squad in this year's finals. They just have to win.

Reaction Score
Crowder grazed in the face. That's a good start to my Finals Bingo card.

Reaction Score
That alley oop was sick
I was like why did he throw that??!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:. But then I saw the replay and he clearly saw GIannis running completely free and Giannis pointed up for the lob so he was expecting it and it's Freak-ing Giannis, who can dunk pretty much any lob.

Reaction Score
Giannis is making a lot of people look pretty dumb.

Feels like Middleton is building his legacy in these games too. He was forgettable 10 20 years from now until this week. Unbelievable performance.

Reaction Score
So this is your take about a great NBA Finals Game 5?
What was your comment about? Since you are always taking shots at everything about the Bucks I was assuming your comment at 9:34 pm was alluding to the Bucks being down big at the end of the first quarter. Was your comment about something else?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What was your comment about? Since you are always taking shots at everything about the Bucks I was assuming your comment at 9:34 pm was alluding to the Bucks being down big at the end of the first quarter. Was your comment about something else?

The Bucks sucked in the first quarter. Is that a controversial statement?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom