OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 35 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
I don't get the raise the ceiling stuff. He was a back to back MVP...
Did he think he was not all-time good?

List of back to back MVPs:
Kareem
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Michael Jordan
Moses Malone
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Tim Duncan
Steve Nash
LeBron James
Steph Curry

And Giannis.

Reaction Score
Eh, Giannis is still the same guy. He looks like the best player on the planet when he has a favorable matchup, which he does vs PHX. He'll still have his kryptonite series until he expands his game.

Reaction Score
Eh, Giannis is still the same guy. He looks like the best player on the planet when he has a favorable matchup, which he does vs PHX. He'll still have his kryptonite series until he expands his game.
Playoff version of Giannis may not be the best player on the planet. Yet he's undeniably top 4 and #1 this year. Nobody is perfect, he is really, really good and showing signs of taking control of this series. I see another 40-ish game for Giannis and Bucks winning in a closer game Wed (why?!) night. Then Game 5 is gonna be a war, hopefully of shot-making not attrition.

Reaction Score
Giannis seems to be figuring out when to bully guys down low, when to step around guys and when and when not to spin in the lane. Seems like something small but it helps him get a lot of easy points at the hoop....still can't shoot but that part is actually fun to watch because its unique for a player who has the ball so much in the modern game.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
These teams are constructed differently but evenly matched. I could see the home team winning every game. I'd say I lean a little towards the Bucks but I have a hard time fading a healthy Chris Paul. Hopefully we'll see some closer games as the series moves on.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Giannis is such a unique player. How many players can be in a dominant position against their defender when they are backing up? Honestly, the best way to defend Giannis' drives may be to just guess which side he is going to Euro step because no big defender is fast enough to react to it. I have no idea how to stop him on the offensive boards. He is too strong to box out, too long and athletic to out jump. If he starts shooting 75% from the line, Hack-a-Giannis is not going to work either. The only way to defend Giannis one-on-one is to convince him to shoot 3's.

That said, when Giannis is bringing the ball up, he does make himself defendable. The other team can set up on defense facing Giannis, and just sag into the paint and double team him on the drives. That is harder to do when he gets the ball on a reversal.

I still think the Bucks are at their best offensively with Lopez inside, posting up, or waiting for the dump off/alley oop from Giannis or Holiday on the drive. This creates space for Middleton and Connaughton/Tucker to shoot 3's off kick out passes.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Giannis is such a unique player. How many players can be in a dominant position against their defender when they are backing up? Honestly, the best way to defend Giannis' drives may be to just guess which side he is going to Euro step because no big defender is fast enough to react to it. I have no idea how to stop him on the offensive boards. He is too strong to box out, too long and athletic to out jump. If he starts shooting 75% from the line, Hack-a-Giannis is not going to work either. The only way to defend Giannis one-on-one is to convince him to shoot 3's.

That said, when Giannis is bringing the ball up, he does make himself defendable. The other team can set up on defense facing Giannis, and just sag into the paint and double team him on the drives. That is harder to do when he gets the ball on a reversal.

I still think the Bucks are at their best offensively with Lopez inside, posting up, or waiting for the dump off/alley oop from Giannis or Holiday on the drive. This creates space for Middleton and Connaughton/Tucker to shoot 3's off kick out passes.

I do agree with a good chunk of this ... but I think using Giannis at the 5 with 4 decent shooters around him is the BEST solution. I'm not advocating benching Lopez because he's been great, but for their future lineups I'd think a lineup of Giannis and 4 shooters would be dominant because he can certainly guard and rebound with the 5 (ala Draymond) but is a matchup nightmare for any other big.

The only problem with Lopez in the game and posting is that negates space ... Lopez being a good 3 point shooter certainly helps that though, if he wants to camp out in the corner.

Overall, I agree with you for the most part though - it's why Giannis is such a "freak" he just has things not many people can handle. If he develops that shot, it's literally impossible to stop.

Reaction Score
Well we knew, and then it was denied, and then people were like "No idea what's going on", and then everyone shrugged, and now it's the first thing we heard.

Classic Kawhi.
Yeah, there is no way we 'know' anything ever for certain with Kawhi. I think he needs a rock solid committed leader like Lowrie next to him to win at highest level. Otherwise there's a leadership void b/c Kawhi is always a bit day-to-day.

I feel like the extra days off is to PHX benefit.
A. They had more stuff to figure out after last game
B. Rest helps CP3 and maybe gets Campaign healthier
C. PHX has the better coach so more time gives them more adjustments
But I still think the Bucks take game 2. If Ayton is in foul trouble they are cooked & Giannis will relentlessly attack inside. And they need to shoot the lights out b/c they aren't getting a ref calls generally, even if Ayton plays 40.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@Dogdeacon, what is your criteria for who is the better coach?
What do you mean PHX aren't getting calls generally? If you take away Giannis' attempts PHX has attempted 56 FT's to the Bucks 18. Suns averaged 18 Ft attempts pg regular season and averaged 18 per game through 3 games. Bucks averaged 21 FTA regular season and averaged 21 per game through 3 games. So I don't know about your not getting refs calls generally claim (unless your on the Scott Foster conspiracy wagon).

Reaction Score
too many tourists?
Since Peter sold it to the guy who grew up in Chatham (his folks own the art gallery across the steet), but now lives in New Canaan there’s a different emphasis. He’s trying to build apts on top (if i remember correctly).

My family has had a place in chatham since l1940 or so so we’ve seen the town as a whole change a ton, obviously - so perhaps i’m just looking at it wistfully.

Reaction Score
2571.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom