2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 69 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I believe it was Kent state, not cincy
Saw that he committed to Kent St., but decided to go to Cincy as a PWO. Unclear whether he matriculated at Cincy or was part of the football team.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Local kid with sub 4.5 speed. Would be a great PWO....or might benefit from a gray shirt.

I watched him against Brookfield this year and he was by far the best player on the field in my opinion.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I believe it was Kent state, not cincy
I think Early had the Kent State offer, but decided to go the WO route at Cincy...not sure he ever set foot on campus at Cincy however. He's really a 2019 kid. Based on twitter activity, it appears he visited right after the season ended and sometime over the weekend or so he changed his twitter profile to note "UConn Commit."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not that it matters - we took Wyant (sign soon buddy)

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 10.16.58 AM.png

Reaction Score
Brewton is undoubtedly pegged as kick and punt returner based on highlights. Ran an under 11 second 100M in track. Could see the field as a freshman returner with the departure of Skanes.
We've missed special teams for the past 10 years it seems... When's the last time we had a game plan in place where our return game was dangerous??? (Nick Williams comes to mind, but then that's it pretty much.. part of that is coaching too)...

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Looks like Zaire Flournoy (OL) - Chapel Hill High School going to UAB. Signing at 11:30am

Reaction Score
Wyant originally committed to Fresno State last year, but ended up going the JUCO route, he has obviously was able to develop and pack on some muscle and weight while he was at the JUCO. He was fairly highly rated a year ago - I assume whatever rating he gets now will be higher probably close to Haggard.

1576683974664.png

Reaction Score
Brewton is undoubtedly pegged as kick and punt returner based on highlights. Ran an under 11 second 100M in track. Could see the field as a freshman returner with the departure of Skanes.
I agree. My initial thoughts watching his tape as well. SPEEED to burn. Shift. Smaller back. Should certainly add something to special teams, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Reaction Score
I watched him against Brookfield this year and he was by far the best player on the field in my opinion.
Bogan is a very good player for sure. Saw him this weekend against Bloomfield. NE champ last year in the 100m at just over 11.0. I think the size is holding him back. His teammate Jordan Davis, whose brother is Fordham's RB, is also very good.

Moyseenko was at the game. Maybe mostly watching Bloomfield's junior QB, Bryden. I didn't think he played well but maybe it was the rain. As was also mentioned in this thread, Simpson from Bloomfield is a good player. In my opinion, the best player on the field Saturday was Davis and he overshadows Bogan a little. On almost any other team in the state Bogan would dominate touches but they are a great 1-2 punch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here's a Mass kid seem to have some interest in UConn in 2018 and 2019 that did a PG year at Suffield and now has an SEC offer. Hmmmm.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
1. Kudos to @huskymedic and @Exit 4 Thanks for your time & effort analyzing and reporting on recruiting.

2. With the remaining scholarships (# ?), which positions will most likely be targeted for grad transfers?

Thanks - I do it because we don't have much recruiting coverage (so we crowd source our own) and to help foster the discussion here.

So I'm not watching the presser right now where Edsall is likely to mention something about his plans for the remaining 5 slots.

My rough guess:
i) we'll take one more best available RB or WR (Crownover/Cobb/Wafer, someone),
ii) I'm praying for a HS LB or grad LB (if grad, might not happen until summer)
iii) one more OL (probably HS or a PG kid -someone that might project as a center),
iv) a grad corner (but would take the right HS corner)
v) last slot to be held until late August...need to hold it in case we have QB problems.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom