2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Saquon's little bro Ali Barkley visited UConn football this week. Nice.

He's 5'11 and 195lbs already and attends Whitehall HS in just outside of Allentown PA. Not clear what his offer list might be just yet. He did visit Buffalo recently and has interest from Penn St and Temple. I am sure he will have many offers when its all said and done.

Pat on the back for Edsall's recruiting crew who seem to really have settled into a system this winter. Lots of visits. And a lot more kids coming in from PA which is very good to see.

Saquon Barkley's little brother is freakishly athletic

Reaction Score

Drew Monin is a 6-1 220lb LB attending Avon Old Farms in Avon CT

Graham Walker (#13) is a 6-3 WR/DB attending Avon Old Farms in Avon CT

C

Chief00

Good to see Randy mining the usual PA and Canadian turf. Those areas seem to fit his style and network.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Good to see Randy mining the usual PA and Canadian turf. Those areas seem to fit his style and network.

Yeah, time to dial back that Texas effort a wee bit and put it back into PA. We went hard after many recruits in Texas the past two years only to end up 1st bridesmaid on several that were at our P6 level.

Reaction Score
Yeah, time to dial back that Texas effort a wee bit and put it back into PA. We went hard after many recruits in Texas the past two years only to end up 1st bridesmaid on several that were at our P6 level.

I never understood it. With financial constraints just not a smart area to recruit. Love that they seem to be refocusing I’m closer areas like PA.

Reaction Score
I never understood it. With financial constraints just not a smart area to recruit. Love that they seem to be refocusing I’m closer areas like PA.

I'd much rather recruit Texas than California and Nevada as they did in recent past. Even after the top talent has been picked through - there are quite a few kids in Texas w/ talent that UConn needs. We should not be wandering west of Texas unless a kid/coach comes looking for us.

All 50 states, ranked by 2019 blue-chip recruits

Reaction Score
... and on cue ;)

Blake Smith is a 6-5 205lb TE/QB from Southlake Carrroll High School in Southlake Texas. Other offers from Cal, Colorado, FIU, Louisiana Louisiana-Monroe, Marshall, TCU, Utah and BC

Highlights

C

Chief00

I'd much rather recruit Texas than California and Nevada as they did in recent past. Even after the top talent has been picked through - there are quite a few kids in Texas w/ talent that UConn needs. We should not be wandering west of Texas unless a kid/coach comes looking for us.

All 50 states, ranked by 2019 blue-chip recruits

Another factor is Texas is in the AAC footprint with SMU and Houston, plus Tulsa, Memphis and Tulane are relatively nearby. So parents can drive to see their kids play.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree on the Texas recruiting front. We are not a national program right now, and we need to maximize resources. I say it all the time but really focus on Florida, PA, New Jersey, Ohio, and pockets in Virginia. Obviously New England too. Limitless
Athletic Budget? Recruit everywhere.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree on the Texas recruiting front. We are not a national program right now, and we need to maximize resources. I say it all the time but really focus on Florida, PA, New Jersey, Ohio, and pockets in Virginia. Obviously New England too. Limitless
Athletic Budget? Recruit everywhere.

you recruit where you have connections and leads. Corey clearly knows his way around TX and has rassled up some good looking recruits in a short while. We have not demonstrated (after red pants) that we can recruit in Ohio. Do not abandon TX - we have drawn 1/3 of our DL from there in last 18 months.

Reaction Score

When UConn offered Mency held offers from Bowling Green, Colorado State, Tulane and Wake Forest.

Since then he has picked up offers from Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, FAU, Kent State, Liberty, Ohio, Rutgers, South Alabama, Troy, UAB, USF and WKU.

Reaction Score
Darryl Williams a 6-2 227lb LB from Smyrna High School in Smyrna, Delaware will be visiting UConn tomorrow. He currently holds offers from Austin Peay, Coastal Carolina, Delaware State, Elon, Kent State, Monmouth, Morgan State, ODU, Sacred Heart and Villanova.

Highlights

Reaction Score

Keith Miller is a 6-5 200lb WR from The Colony High School in The Colony Texas. Other offers from Army, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Illinois State, Liberty, Kansas, Kansas State, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas Tech, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, Tulsa, Wake Forest, Washington State and BC.

Highlights

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom