2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cam Thomas Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s getting to the point where it’s not even worth following recruiting. If we can’t get top 50 players over nouveau riche southern schools then we’re not competing for titles any time soon.

Take a deep breath.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We do have to build back up to competing for championships. It’s not going to happen over night.

We are on the right path.

Reaction Score
That’s your assumption.

Cliff is basically a lost cause, so hopefully Gray is just a second option to Cardwell, who they really shouldn’t miss on.

Not an assumption. Gray is plan D or E for our staff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Then how did we get last year's class? This year's class should have built on that momentum + added the Big East move momentum (this year's class will never play in the AAC). Throw Carlton's improvement in there, we should be able to recruit a big into the infinite amount of playing time we'll have.

I don't have answer for you. But I'm seeing us get in early and then fading quickly when other schools get involved. And not even all that impressive schools at that.

I'd talk about cash, but apparently that's frowned upon here now. But that's definitely not the only reason.

Reaction Score
Not an assumption. Gray is plan D or E for our staff.
They’ve only visited 2 centers in the past couple of months aside from him. If Omoruyi isn’t happening, and we visited him last night, he’s not plan D or E anymore like he was a few months ago.

Reaction Score
They’ve only visited 2 centers in the past couple of months aside from him. If Omoruyi isn’t happening, and we visited him last night, he’s not plan D or E anymore like he was a few months ago.
Plan D sounds right. Cliff, Cardwell, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Gray

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Plan D sounds right. Cliff, Cardwell, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Gray
Outside looking in on the 2 highest rated in that group, so regardless of how you guys rank them, it’s not a good situation for the staff compared to expectations.

Reaction Score
No. Other schools got involved and muddy water. Heard staff is making another hard push to make up ground. Might come back in play, but at this moment outside looking in.

Oye. Are we going to get any 2020 recruits?!

Reaction Score
Outside looking in on the 2 highest rated in that group, so regardless of how you guys rank them, it’s not a good situation for the staff compared to expectations.
So you're saying we're out on Cardwell now too?

Reaction Score
So you're saying we're out on Cardwell now too?
No... I’m saying they didn’t visit Gray for no reason.

They don’t lead for Cliff, Brown-Ferguson, or Jaylin Williams, so they’re just trying to solidify a backup to Cardwell and are picking things back up with Gray.

Reaction Score
That's some pretty crazy spin, if we whiff on this class there is nothing good about it.

Calhoun's classes in off years weren't great either. 2005, Jeff Adrien, Marcus Johnson, Robert Garrison, Craig Austrie. 2000, Tony Robertson, Marcus Cox, Doug Wrenn, Justin brown, Beau Archibald. 2008, Donnell Beverly, Jonathan Mandeldove. He had some classes like these.

Reaction Score
Calhoun's classes in off years weren't great either. 2005, Jeff Adrien, Marcus Johnson, Robert Garrison, Craig Austrie. 2000, Tony Robertson, Marcus Cox, Doug Wrenn, Justin brown, Beau Archibald. 2008, Donnell Beverly, Jonathan Mandeldove. He had some classes like these.
Comparing then to now is a bit silly and Doug Wrenn, Tony Robertson, Marcus Johnson, Marcus Cox, and Jeff Adrien were all considered studs coming out of high school. We would be ecstatic to have them coming in now. Even Mandeldove was a 4 star highly ranked center we would be excited about.

Reaction Score
I'll gladly take the Jeff Adrien class.

Reaction Score
JuJu and Hassan are going to be a problem in the same backcourt over there at PSA.

My PSA connect is raving about JuJu’s ability.
We prioritized certain guys a while ago and we looked really good with them and now we seem to be seeing the dreaded fade again.

Meanwhile Hassan and Demarr have been right there for the taking the whole time...

Reaction Score
Comparing then to now is a bit silly and Doug Wrenn, Tony Robertson, Marcus Johnson, Marcus Cox, and Jeff Adrien were all considered studs coming out of high school. We would be ecstatic to have them coming in now. Even Mandeldove was a 4 star highly ranked center we would be excited about.

I disagree.

People on this very board pilloried those classes.

They thought the Olander class was horribly bad.

Wrenn wasn't even a much sought after recruit. The studs of the names you mentioned were Tony Robertson and Jeff Adrien, but both were not top 30. Mandeldove was an afterthought.

pj

Reaction Score

Jeff Adrien and Marcus Johnson were quality recruits, the best on that list, Marcus unfortunately didn't live up to his potential due to injuries. But Robert Garrison and Craig Austrie were throw-ins, class would have been just as good with any random players. Tony Robertson was grossly over-rated in high school, I watched him many times and he did nothing special, ultimately he performed to expectations at UConn. Marcus Cox and Doug Wrenn were head cases. Justin Brown had good potential, not sure why he didn't do better in college. Beau Archibald, Donnell Beverly, Jon Mandeldove -- throw-ins.

Reaction Score
I disagree.

People on this very board pilloried those classes.

They thought the Olander class was horribly bad.

Wrenn wasn't even a much sought after recruit. The studs of the names you mentioned were Tony Robertson and Jeff Adrien, but both were not top 30. Mandeldove was an afterthought.
I don't know what you're disagreeing with? Player rankings aren't up for debate, those guys I named were all big time recruits. If you think we wouldn't be happy with big time recruits I don't know what to tell you...

Doug Wrenn was considered one of the most talented kid's on the West Coast and probably the whole country, he was a top 25-30 kid but dropped to like 60 something because of his behavior. Tony Robertson was the #31 recruit in his class, Marcus Cox #41 in his class, Jeff Adrien #50, Marcus Johnson #51, Mandeldove #111 #11 center in his class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom