2020 College Summer Ball - UConn players | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 College Summer Ball - UConn players

Reaction Score

From the above story:

>Teams will feature unique connections. Hamden will feature three incoming UConn freshman taking the field together, the Southington Shock will run back eight players from the town’s 2018 Legion State Championship team and the Wallingford Silver Storm will feature 10 recent Cheshire graduates.<

I'd love to know who the three incoming UConn freshmen that are with the Hamden team. Most collegiate baseball summer leagues would have that sort of information on their websites. However, this is not the case with the CCBL, which seems to operate under a cloud of secrecy. The CCBL expanded due to other collegiate summer leagues not playing this summer. It would be nice if this expansion extended to such things as rosters, current statistics, and box scores being posted on the website for the public to see. It would make it much easier to follow what transpires in this league. Also, if it weren't for John Fedko tweeting about his sons Christian and Kyler, I'm not sure any tweets about game action would come from this league. The CCBL's next step up needs to be in the area of publicity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd love to know who the three incoming UConn freshmen that are with the Hamden team. Most collegiate baseball summer leagues would have that sort of information on their websites. However, this is not the case with the CCBL, which seems to operate under a cloud of secrecy. The CCBL expanded due to other collegiate summer leagues not playing this summer. It would be nice if this expansion extended to such things as rosters, current statistics, and box scores being posted on the website for the public to see. It would make it much easier to follow what transpires in this league.

Not arguing against your point but I’m told it’s due to a pure lack of resources @ this point... they are playing catch-up. All resources were put towards getting the kids playing ball and meeting all the requirements that went with that.

Reaction Score
Not arguing against your point but I’m told it’s due to a pure lack of resources @ this point... they are playing catch-up. All resources were put towards getting the kids playing ball and meeting all the requirements that went with that.

No question I can be a little impatient sometimes, and it is coming out on this issue. The CCBL went from an organization that operated far underneath the radar, to being virtually the only game in town. I'm just so used to looking up information about players and games from the collegiate summer leagues every year, I just get disappointed when it isn't there. I'm sure the CCBL operated in the past with minimum resources, including pretty much anything dealing with publicity. It would be nice to see that change, but they certainly don't have the resources that the better known collegiate summer leagues have. The fact that they are even playing this summer can't be easy, and is definitely something of an accomplishment.

Reaction Score
No question I can be a little impatient sometimes, and it is coming out on this issue. The CCBL went from an organization that operated far underneath the radar, to being virtually the only game in town. I'm just so used to looking up information about players and games from the collegiate summer leagues every year, I just get disappointed when it isn't there. I'm sure the CCBL operated in the past with minimum resources, including pretty much anything dealing with publicity. It would be nice to see that change, but they certainly don't have the resources that the better known collegiate summer leagues have. The fact that they are even playing this summer can't be easy, and is definitely something of an accomplishment.
Agreed! Newport started a new league from scratch and they’re live streaming their games and active on social media. This is a rare opportunity, given the influx of talent, for the CCBL to cease this moment but they’re wasting it IMO. The best players from CT, and beyond, are playing and very few know about it.

Reaction Score
Agreed! Newport started a new league from scratch and they’re live streaming their games and active on social media. This is a rare opportunity, given the influx of talent, for the CCBL to cease this moment but they’re wasting it IMO. The best players from CT, and beyond, are playing and very few know about it.

The Newport Gulls are part of the NECBL, so there operation had already been established at a certain level. The team was already active on social media in previous years as part of the NECBL, so many of these activities are nothing new for them. They do not have to build from the ground up, like the CCBL does.

Anyway, there is a four team college summer league in Newport this summer, all named after colors. Caleb Wurster is listed on the Orange roster, and former Husky and current Rhode Island assistant coach David Fischer is the manager.

Reaction Score

Reggie Crawford had been off to a slow start with the bat in the Futures League. Before yesterday's game he had been hitting .205 through nine games and 39 at bats, which of course isn't all that big a sample. With two doubles yesterday, perhaps his bat is starting to get hot like it can be. He also now has four doubles for the summer season, and 4 doubles over 43 at bats isn't bad at all.

Reaction Score
A little progress is being made. I had not gone looking for CCBL rosters in a while, but with John Fedko sending out some tweets today, I went looking and found several Huskies on various team rosters. The only team that I did not find a roster for is the Hamden Miners. I recall seeing a story that Hamden had three incoming Husky players on its roster, so maybe that roster will surface at some point. As far as other Huskies in the CCBL, this is what I found after a quick scan of various team rosters.

Garrett Coe - Brass City Bombers

Christian Fedko - Manchester Eagles
Kyler Fedko - Manchester Eagles
Kevin Ferrer - Manchester Eagles
Ben Maycock - Manchester Eagles

Colby Dunlop - Manchester Meagles
Will Lucas - Manchester Meagles
Andrew Marerro - Manchester Meagles

Reaction Score
A little progress is being made. I had not gone looking for CCBL rosters in a while, but with John Fedko sending out some tweets today, I went looking and found several Huskies on various team rosters. The only team that I did not find a roster for is the Hamden Miners. I recall seeing a story that Hamden had three incoming Husky players on its roster, so maybe that roster will surface at some point. As far as other Huskies in the CCBL, this is what I found after a quick scan of various team rosters.

Garrett Coe - Brass City Bombers

Christian Fedko - Manchester Eagles
Kyler Fedko - Manchester Eagles
Kevin Ferrer - Manchester Eagles
Ben Maycock - Manchester Eagles

Colby Dunlop - Manchester Meagles
Will Lucas - Manchester Meagles
Andrew Marerro - Manchester Meagles
Was able to find a roster for the Hamden Miners here, recognize Phoenix Billings. Not sure who the other 2 were so they might be on there and I missed them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom