OT: - 2020 Big East recruiting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: 2020 Big East recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because we're going to get better players.

fingers crossed.

pun intended. but the only recruit ranked higher than cross that we may still be the front runner for is thomas, right? and yes i know ranks arent everything yada-yada but most fans do use them as a barometer and care about recruiting class rankings, like it or not. look at memphis fans, they won't shut up about having the #1 class and probably never will.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Carte'Are Gordon, the Saint Louis transfer who committed to DePaul in January, is now transferring from DePaul.

The 6'9 230 sophomore was an energetic defensive menace and rim-protector at Saint Louis and he will surely be missed and will be an attractive transfer target. However, Paul Reed is the stud of their frontcourt and Jalen Butz is a solid depth player and both guys still have two years of eligibility left. Plus, their top-60 recruit Romeo Weems is 6'7 215 and they also have Arkansas transfer Darious Hall at 6'7 200.

Reaction Score
Yes it was noted coming into the offseason that depaul would have somewhat of a backlog in the front court. Not surprising they lost one of them to transfer. Unfortunate that he may have been the most talented of all of them besides maybe weems

Reaction Score

this guy is currently the highest ranked 2021 PG from the northeast (#79 on the 247 composite). i assume we'll be in the market for a PG since cole will be a senior by then. the #50-150 range should be our wheelhouse. would like to see an offer and visit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

What does one have to do with the other? They're in different classes. Hope you guys get him

Reaction Score
Providence gets shooting guard Alyn Breed from McEachern High in Powder Springs, GA. 6'3 165 shooting guard and 247's #255 recruit. Was originally a '19 recruit, but will play a post-grad year at IMG. Former teammate of Sharife Cooper and Issac Okoro (Auburn).

Reaction Score
PC is on a lot of top 2020 recruits' lists but hasnt landed any yet. i think cooley is aiming too high with guys like timberlake, ware, dickinson etc. on the other end of the spectrum, xavier played things perfectly by putting all their resources into the 50-150 range.

the opportunity cost of chasing 5 star guys is just so high. at this point Nova is the only BE team that should be doing it. once we make the tourney in consecutive years we'll be able to do it again too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
PC is on a lot of top 2020 recruits' lists but hasnt landed any yet. i think cooley is aiming too high with guys like timberlake, ware, dickinson etc. on the other end of the spectrum, xavier played things perfectly by putting all their resources into the 50-150 range.

the opportunity cost of chasing 5 star guys is just so high. at this point Nova is the only BE team that should be doing it. once we make the tourney in consecutive years we'll be able to do it again too.
I’m inclined to agree, but Cooley has shown the ability to recruit these kind of guys. In the last three years he got commitments from #41, #47, #48, and #62. He’s shooting for the moon a little bit and will probably miss in guys but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him land one or two. It’s encouraging that he took this early commit from a lower ranked guy imo. He’s a good recruiter. It’s what he doe with them once they get to campus where he has trouble

Reaction Score

rooting for seton hall to make the final 4 this year. then it's xavier's turn. then it's UConn again.

Reaction Score
Cooley is a good coach. He does need to break through in the tournament.
good defensive coach. needs to work on his offensive schemes. they've been a sub-100 kenpom offense 4 years in a row. that's a huge problem

Reaction Score
When it's not your number one sport, it's not quite the same, but I do enjoy it.

It's probably like UConn. WBB is the number 1 sport, but MBB still has a following.
Wrong.

Reaction Score
For a team that needs to direly improve their defense, getting a long, switchable wing like Ighodaro is a great move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom