OT: - 2020 Big East recruiting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: 2020 Big East recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 3? . Not close. Definitely behind the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten and in the last few years the SEC. With UConn, if we get back to business, should be top 4-5 consistently. The improvement of the SEC beyond UK and Florida should concern everyone. The PAC keeps recruiting pretty well and doesn’t turn it in to anything.

Don’t read into this move that somehow UConn loves the Big East. We’d jump to the ACC in an instant. The American screwed us over and this was our best and only move under the circumstances.
You are wrong. Say it, you're wrong.

Reaction Score
After trailing the A10 for its first few years of existence, The American did squeak by the A10 the last few years to claim that vaunted P7 status.

Being an up and comer P8 is no joke, but it's not like being P7.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
as opposed to football there truly is a Power 6 for basketball, and we don't need to waive around any embarrassing flags to convince anyone (including ourselves) of this.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
i went to grad school in PAC12 country so I left with a legit football program to root for (at least compared to KU lol). But could never consider inviting their bball team into my fanhouse. UConn is the landlord and there are no vacanies!

Well KU is all about basketball so that doesn't work. Plus I went to every game for three years (the law school is literally across the street from Allen Field House). There is no better place to see a game than AFH, Gampel doesn't come close (and I was behind the basket for the first game played there). As for football, they were actually good under Glen Mason when I was there. Dana Stubblefield, Gilbert Brown and other NFL guys on those teams. It was K State that sucked back then. I'm excited to see if Les can tun things around. They did win an Orange bowl not that long ago, so it hasn't been all bad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You are wrong. Say it, you're wrong.

View attachment 45641

This chart is saying the B12 is better than the ACC. I don't believe that. I don't think anyone does. If that's subjective fine, but they aren't better. I think round robin conferences have a huge edge on those RPI numbers, and that favors the B12 and BE. By the same token I don't think the Big East has been better than the B10. As for the SEC they were UK and nothing but Florida now and then for a long time. My feeling there is that those 3-4 numbers at the end are closer to what we can expect from them.

But the past isn't important. From 2020 forward I think the ACC is still at the top, the B12, B1G, Big East and SEC will bounce back and forth year to year in the 2-3-4-5 slots. The Pac could make a comeback, but the trend is the reverse of the SEC. I think it's pretty competitive among those four conferences with UConn joining the Big East.

As for data, you left out final four appearances. ACC: 5, B10: 5, SEC: 5, B12: 3, BE: 2, PAC: 1. It's anecdotal but if you go back one more season, schools currently in the Big East are still at 2, and schools currently in the American are at 2.

Reaction Score
This chart is saying the B12 is better than the ACC. I don't believe that. I don't think anyone does. If that's subjective fine, but they aren't better. I think round robin conferences have a huge edge on those RPI numbers, and that favors the B12 and BE. By the same token I don't think the Big East has been better than the B10. As for the SEC they were UK and nothing but Florida now and then for a long time. My feeling there is that those 3-4 numbers at the end are closer to what we can expect from them.

But the past isn't important. From 2020 forward I think the ACC is still at the top, the B12, B1G, Big East and SEC will bounce back and forth year to year in the 2-3-4-5 slots. The Pac could make a comeback, but the trend is the reverse of the SEC. I think it's pretty competitive among those four conferences with UConn joining the Big East.

As for data, you left out final four appearances. ACC: 5, B10: 5, SEC: 5, B12: 3, BE: 2, PAC: 1. It's anecdotal but if you go back one more season, schools currently in the Big East are still at 2, and schools currently in the American are at 2.

Oh come on, just say that the Big East is “close to” the third best conference.

Reaction Score
Have you ever met a lawyer that can say he is wrong?

Reaction Score

offers from LSU, Florida State, UConn, Rutgers, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Georgia

says he'll take visits in december and decide in March so holding steady as a backup option i imagine

Reaction Score

Good for SJU and the BE, Now let’s get his buddy kadary

Reaction Score
posh alexander committed to st john's. #105 in 247
In 2020-21, adding Posh Alexander and St. Francis (BK) transfer Rasheem Dunn (14.3p, 5.4r, 2.0a) will be a step in the right direction for stabilizing their backcourt.

With Ponds and Simon going pro, St. John's will have a rough year in the backcourt with Monmouth grad transfer Nick Rutherford and 5'9 freshman Jonathan McGriff sharing ball-handling duties.

Reaction Score

hope it's butler

I’m not too optimistic. I don’t think they’re a front runner. They’re more likely to get Jakobe coles at forward though. #149 or something I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom