2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 127 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ervin’s Westbrook just announced she is transferring to UConn. A great guard, but how is Geno going to have enough minutes to distribute to keep these people happy. She is applying for a waver so she can play immediately. If not granted, she will have to sit out a year and be one and done.
Still no commit from a biggie.

Reaction Score
I think much of the time it's simply about geography....always a struggle to get the best Texas players to leave the state and Jones and Brink had Stanford so they could stay and play high quality basketball on the west coast.......that's what makes a New England recruit like Boston's signing with South Carolina so disturbing.....
I wosh people would stop saying Boston was a New England recruit. She grew up and her parents live in thevUS Virgin Islands. She just went to high school in New England.

Reaction Score
I wosh people would stop saying Boston was a New England recruit. She grew up and her parents live in thevUS Virgin Islands. She just went to high school in New England.

I understand your point but spending four years playing high school ball in New England where you also make multiple visits to UConn makes you a local prospect in my book..............

Reaction Score
She is a Virgin Island recruit not a N England recruit. And that may have been the problem. The contrast between the VI's and Worcester MA is night and day. Spending 4 years there may have been enough to last her a lifetime. This is a player from the warmth and sunshine of the Caribbean.

it's a good thing that UConn's great California recruits and their current Georgia recruits weren't cold averse..............

Reaction Score
Ervin’s Westbrook just announced she is transferring to UConn. A great guard, but how is Geno going to have enough minutes to distribute to keep these people happy. She is applying for a waver so she can play immediately. If not granted, she will have to sit out a year and be one and done.

Killing me.

MTC

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard Evina, we will enjoy your playing and leadership.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Aaliyah Edwards playing the US in Ballin Across Borders Games. Poor quality.

So active defensively in the first few minutes. Lots of fun to watch.

You sure Aaliyah's in that game? She wasn't listed on the roster, and I don't recognize her in the video.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nope, you're right. She's #13. Not wearing her customary dreds. Thanks to the PA announcer for verifying.

Reaction Score
Nope, you're right. She's #13. Not wearing her customary dreds. Thanks to the PA announcer for verifying.
I was looking out for Cardoso (who was on the roster, but is apparently not participating), when the announcer announced who was doing the jump.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aaliyah buries a long jumper just prior to the half. Also had an end-to-end rush and basket. She has a lot of similarities to Candace Parker. I'm not saying she's as that level, but Parker-lite would still be an excellent player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Aaliyah Edwards playing the US in Ballin Across Borders Games. Poor quality.
So active defensively in the first few minutes. Lots of fun to watch.

That is the main reason I want her so badly at UCONN. Her length and activity could =National DPOY. Offensively she is not going to hurt you either- handles, 3 ball, transition.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Edwards stayed out of the lane all day, so in overtime she starts posting up, scores both of Canada's baskets--OT was a running clock and only 1:30 long--and then saves a ball from going out of bounds to retain possession and finish it off.

Geno should have a camp set up outside her house.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In addition, Edwards, who is up-and-down at the foul line despite nice form, hit 7 straight free throws and finished 9-12 from the stripe.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Again, seriously, we need a dislike button.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mark Lewis was at the plethora of games at Saturday's Borders War in Canada. UConn players of interest below.

Aaliyah Edwards – Junior Game – 6-2 – Forward – Kingston, Ontario – Dominant force at the #4…Plays with a standard setting intensity…Got a little out of control at times but still managed to be productive…Produced off the drive from the trail spot but also posted and finished with tremendous efficiency…Willing to get in a stance and defend anyone and any position on the floor…Relentlessly attacks the glass…Forces her own teammates to “up” their games…Elite…MVP Junior Game

Jordy Griggs – Futures Game – 6-0 – Wing – Moreno Valley, California – Active young player both with and without the ball…The ability is there to slash and create to a degree…Length and agility provide impact defensively…Plenty of tools and possibilities in place

JuJu Watkins – Freshmen Game – 6-0 – Wing/Guard – Los Angeles, California – Added depth is looking sharper and sharper…Decisions on the wing are coming quicker and with more clarity…Range forces tighter close outs…Mixed her attack more efficiently this time out…Defensive versatility is showing more and more

Jada Williams – Freshmen Game – 5-6 – Point Guard – Kansas City, Missouri – Dynamic attack…Continues to get to the rim at will…Change of speed sets up the crossover…Getting defenders out of their stance…Passing choices are sharper and better timed on penetration…Showing much more assertiveness on the defensive end of the floor

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards finished with 33 points in yesterday's Junior game victory.

In the last couple of months Edwards has been the MVP of the following:

US vs Canada Border Wars Junior game

BioSteel Canadian all-star game

Boo Williams U17 tourney

Basketball Without Borders game at the Final Four

Ontario Basketball Association high school championship

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards finished with 33 points in yesterday's Junior game victory.

In the last couple of months Edwards has been the MVP of the following:

US vs Canada Border Wars Junior game

BioSteel Canadian all-star game

Boo Williams U17 tourney

Basketball Without Borders game at the Final Four

Ontario Basketball Association high school championship

I can't remember if Edwards has spoken about her recruitment recently................does she have a list of finalists yet?

Reaction Score
I can't remember if Edwards has spoken about her recruitment recently......does she have a list of finalists yet?
This was all I had ever seen on any type of list of schools in regards to Edwards:
Aaliyah Edwards | 6’1 | F | 2020 | Crestwood – “No Brainer”

image: http://northpolehoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/aliyah-edwards.jpeg
aliyah-edwards.jpeg

Lengthy athletic rebounder who scores the ball with ease and versatility within 15 feet. Can split the D and use her length and speed to get to the rim. Pull up jumper is a threat – likes the turnaround from mid-block. Great hands, court awareness, IQ and vision, handles are improving quickly and quality passer. Uptempo; looks to push the ball & start transition off D boards. Defensive presence & length in passing lanes, good foot speed, big time shot blocker.
Interest from North Carolina, Uconn, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Michigan

Read more at http://northpolehoops.com/2018/10/07/2020-national-girls-rankings/#eKP2prOrHRJ3Xxfp.99

She also unofficially visited Louisville when they played UConn.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some Aaliyah Edwards video from 2017. She's #21 and you'll have to ignore the watermark.

Couple notes about her: she's an excellent track & field athlete, and she didn't start playing basketball seriously until she was 12. Just a baby in the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom