2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 126 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTC

Reaction Score
I certainly respect your opinions on this. I don't doubt that these are good, hard working people and I have no reason to believe they are biased. I looked at the 2014 class because their college careers have played out and checked three that have a UConn connection. There were 21 5stars with 98 grades, 20 5stars with 97 grades and even the eleven 96 grades were 5stars. That's 52 kids at basically the same ability level at 5 different positions. And they're telling me they can tell the difference between #15 and #52? If it's just for conversation, fine, but they try to justify them with these flowery evaluations that in many cases just don't translate to the college level. The 3 I checked had these descriptions: Gabby W. was the #2 combo guard. She never became a combo guard and still isn't. Plus she never " elevated on mid range game to the arc." She didn't even shoot from there. Nurse: "speed with ball in the uptempo game" and " one on one creator with quick first step." Stevens: "guard skills in transition" and " handles and attacks." What? I didn't see any of this in college. If someone who is knowledgeable, say like you, tells me a kid is superb or electric that's what I expect to see. IMO, beyond maybe the top 3 kids at each position, the rest are just good players. And some of those top 3's don't really pan out. So if the point is to just create content for a website that's fine but I don't need the writer to tell me it took expert analysis to determine the difference between #15 and #52. Always enjoy your input Coco.
I think you need to get a life. They are only opinions man.

MTC

Reaction Score
I think you need to go away and take your juvenile comments with you.
I'm still waiting for you to give us some more good news. Who do you think we will get first: Reese, Edwards, or Guster? I think the chance of getting all three is a long-shot but Geno amazes me all the time.

Reaction Score
I’d be happy with 2 of the 3. Gusters tweeted a couple of weeks ago she would be making her decision “soon” but still haven’t heard anything.

Reaction Score
Gusters and Edwards added to Bueckers and Muhl, would be a ridiculous recruiting class!
Didn’t Gusters say an announcement is coming a few weeks back? Wondering what the delay is

Reaction Score
Didn’t Gusters say an announcement is coming a few weeks back? Wondering what the delay is

not sure but I wouldn't be counting on her heading north............could mean nothing at all but why would you recently retweet a story about the new Baylor Basketball Pavilion that's going to be built if you were going to play for UConn? Add the numerous retweets about her pal Sarah Andrews who may very well end up at Baylor and you can't be too confident that she's UConn bound.....................as always I'd be very pleased to be wrong........again!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
not sure but I wouldn't be counting on her heading north..could mean nothing at all but why would you recently retweet a story about the new Baylor Basketball Pavilion that's going to be built if you weren't going to play for UConn? Add the numerous retweets about her pal Sarah Andrews who may very well end up at Baylor and you can't be too confident that she's UConn bound......as always I'd be very pleased to be wrong...again!!!

Yeah, we knew all along that getting Gusters out of Texas was going to be next to impossible. I wasn't aware of her twitter posts, but after reading them it sure looks she is headed to Baylor after all.

Reaction Score
not sure but I wouldn't be counting on her heading north..could mean nothing at all but why would you recently retweet a story about the new Baylor Basketball Pavilion that's going to be built if you weren't going to play for UConn? Add the numerous retweets about her pal Sarah Andrews who may very well end up at Baylor and you can't be too confident that she's UConn bound......as always I'd be very pleased to be wrong...again!!!

But then, after all the trouble she had this past season with the Texas basketball officialdom she and her family might decide that her leaving Texas is the best way to move on.

(And I think you meant Baylor, not UConn in the bolded sentence or else change weren't to were.)

Reaction Score
Yeah, we knew all along that getting Gusters out of Texas was going to be next to impossible. I wasn't aware of her twitter posts, but after reading them it sure looks she is headed to Baylor after all.
Was unaware. Heard our coaches started following gusters not too long ago so who knows

Reaction Score
We might not get any of these young women. Colleges are catching up to UConn, Baylor now has 3 championships, South Carolina probably has the best recruiting class coming in, and there is always Notre Dame lurking in the wings. The Irish seem to have our number in critical situations. I’m still smarting from losing Boston to South Carolina in this year’s class. I still can’t believe she attended the holiday tournament game and watched UConn then turned around and announced her decision to attend South Carolina. Do you think these young women today prefer to play for a woman? Add Cameron Brink who signed with Stanford and I’m seeing a picture starting to develop I don’t like. Time will tell as these young ladies make their decisions. Maybe Geno’s best days are behind him.

Reaction Score
We might not get any of these young women. Colleges are catching up to UConn, Baylor now has 3 championships, South Carolina probably has the best recruiting class coming in, and there is always Notre Dame lurking in the wings. The Irish seem to have our number in critical situations. I’m still smarting from losing Boston to South Carolina in this year’s class. I still can’t believe she attended the holiday tournament game and watched UConn then turned around and announced her decision to attend South Carolina. Do you think these young women today prefer to play for a woman? Add Cameron Brink who signed with Stanford and I’m seeing a picture starting to develop I don’t like. Time will tell as these young ladies make their decisions. Maybe Geno’s best days are behind him.
Haha

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yea way behind him! I bet he'll never sign another number 1 ranked recruit.

Reaction Score

I think much of the time it's simply about geography..............always a struggle to get the best Texas players to leave the state and Jones and Brink had Stanford so they could stay and play high quality basketball on the west coast.................that's what makes a New England recruit like Boston's signing with South Carolina so disturbing..........

Reaction Score
Is anyone following Daniels’ and Edwards’ recruiting? I don’t think I’ve heard of them visiting UConn like Gusters, Reese, and Paige have. I think if we can get one of them, it will help down the on block, with ONO looking like our only big for the next few years

Reaction Score
Is anyone following Daniels’ and Edwards’ recruiting? I don’t think I’ve heard of them visiting UConn like Gusters, Reese, and Paige have. I think if we can get one of them, it will help down the on block, with ONO looking like our only big for the next few years
I’ve tried following Daniels’ recruiting closely, and I think I’ve found a grand total of like 4 things.
1. She had a momentary top-5 of Stanford, UConn, Oregon, Oregon State, and Texas.
2. Geno was in WA to evaluate.
3. Duke and Oregon were evaluating.
4. UW HC Jody Wynn was at a game.

Edwards is a little different because she is Canadian, but hopefully we will see some finalists soon.

Reaction Score

Let’s see, in the past month Geno has brought in a graduate transfer, perhaps the top available foreign recruit available to play next season, and a UT transfer who was the #2 player in her class. And then got commitments from an outstanding guard from Poland and the #1 player in the 2020 class. If Geno’s best days are behind him, what’s left still looks better than what anyone else has.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Let’s see, in the past month Geno has brought in a graduate transfer, perhaps the top available foreign recruit available to play next season, and a UT transfer who was the #2 player in her class. And then got commitments from an outstanding guard from Poland and the #1 player in the 2020 class. If Geno’s best days are behind him, what’s left still looks better than what anyone else has.

I'm not buying it till Edwards comes aboard. :)

Reaction Score
I think much of the time it's simply about geography....always a struggle to get the best Texas players to leave the state and Jones and Brink had Stanford so they could stay and play high quality basketball on the west coast.......that's what makes a New England recruit like Boston's signing with South Carolina so disturbing.....

She is a Virgin Island recruit not a N England recruit. And that may have been the problem. The contrast between the VI's and Worcester MA is night and day. Spending 4 years there may have been enough to last her a lifetime. This is a player from the warmth and sunshine of the Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom