2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 95 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's 37 edited minutes of Cardosa's team.
I say take her if she wants to play here.

kind of confirms what I've seen before except she missed more easy ones in that game but against really good competition............there's talent there but if you compare her to somebody like Boston it's not even close..................shall we say she's a work in progress........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Next Gen mini camp photo. The newest Husky pup is #58 in white, second row. Down from her is Nika Muhl #25 in blue. A bit down from Muhl is Hailey Van Lith in a grey shirt. And two people behind Van Lith in the top row is Aaliyah Edwards.

Click to enlarge.

D3UWWBtWAAEVI3s.jpg:large

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rosters are out for the 3X3 U18 trials. The defending champs will have a slightly different look. Paige Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith, and Sam Brunelle are back but Alliyah Boston has been replaced by...Haley Jones. I'm putting my money on that team.

Azzi Fudd and Amari DeBerry will be teammates, and UConn players of interest Sasha Goforth and Shay Bollin also made rosters.

The US Nationals begin April 13.

USA Basketball 3x3 U18 National Championships Rosters Finalized

USA Basketball Women's 3x3 U18 National Championship

Reaction Score
Rosters are out for the 3X3 U18 trials. The defending champs will have a slightly different look. Paige Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith, and Sam Brunelle are back but Alliyah Boston has been replaced by...Haley Jones. I'm putting my money on that team.

These teams look pretty dangerous:

Her-ricanes is comprised of Amari DeBerry (Williamsville South H.S./Williamsville, N.Y.); Azzi Fudd (St. Johns College H.S. (DC)/Arlington, Va.); Ayanna Patterson (Homestead H.S./Ft. Wayne, Ind.); and Celeste Taylor (Long Island Lutheran H.S./Valley Stream, N.Y.)

It’sJustWork features Rickea Jackson (Detroit Edison Public Academy/Detroit, Mich.); Diamond Miller(Franklin H.S./Somerset, N.J.); Kateri Poole (Monsignor Scanlan H.S./Bronx, N.Y.); and Cavina Rickards(Christ the King H.S./Queens Village, N.Y.).

Team Denver’s roster includes Francesca Belibi (Regis Jesuit H.S./ Aurora, Colo.); Cameron Brink(Southridge H.S./Beaverton, Ore.); Jana Van Gytenbeek (Cherry Creek H.S./Greenwood Village, Colo.); and Avery Vansickle (Regis Jesuit H.S./Castle Rock, Colo.).

Reaction Score
These teams look pretty dangerous:

Her-ricanes is comprised of Amari DeBerry (Williamsville South H.S./Williamsville, N.Y.); Azzi Fudd (St. Johns College H.S. (DC)/Arlington, Va.); Ayanna Patterson (Homestead H.S./Ft. Wayne, Ind.); and Celeste Taylor (Long Island Lutheran H.S./Valley Stream, N.Y.)

It’sJustWork features Rickea Jackson (Detroit Edison Public Academy/Detroit, Mich.); Diamond Miller(Franklin H.S./Somerset, N.J.); Kateri Poole (Monsignor Scanlan H.S./Bronx, N.Y.); and Cavina Rickards(Christ the King H.S./Queens Village, N.Y.).

Team Denver’s roster includes Francesca Belibi (Regis Jesuit H.S./ Aurora, Colo.); Cameron Brink(Southridge H.S./Beaverton, Ore.); Jana Van Gytenbeek (Cherry Creek H.S./Greenwood Village, Colo.); and Avery Vansickle (Regis Jesuit H.S./Castle Rock, Colo.).
Sure do. I think the BlueStar roster looks pretty good too. Perhaps Ayanna Patterson may find herself on the UConn radar soon. She’s going to be good. May come down to Azzi vs. Paige in the finals.

Reaction Score
That is the first time I have heard anyone say that Morgan Tuck looked thin. Do you also think that KML (quite a good rebounder also) looked svelte?
Compared to some of Notre Dame's and Baylor's bigs, she looks THINNER. My message was that its the strength and motor, not the size, that has produced results for most of UConn's Hall of Fame bigs.

Reaction Score
Here's 37 edited minutes of Cardosa's team.
I say take her if she wants to play here.

I have a hard time believing she misses that many shots every game. Definitely a project-type player, but she is pretty fluid for 6'6"/6'7". I think she needs to get a little stronger still.

Reaction Score
Coco, I like your assessment. Smarts, motor, and strength are all traits Geno seems to have looked for in bigs. You don't have to be huge but understand the UConn system. Dolson wasn't fast, but moved well on pick and roles and knew her defensive role. Tuck looked thin, but had the strength to guard and rebound with girls much larger.
Tuck looked THIN???? What woman were you looking at?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards having fun at the Next Gen camp along with Nika Muhl:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Next Gen mini camp photo. The newest Husky pup is #58 in white, second row. Down from her is Nika Muhl #25 in blue. A bit down from Muhl is Hailey Van Lith in a grey shirt. And two people behind Van Lith in the top row is Aaliyah Edwards.

Click to enlarge.

D3UWWBtWAAEVI3s.jpg:large
@Sluconn Husky is there a roster from this camp? I curious about some players I don't see in the photo and others I don't recognize. For Example I think Boston maybe hidden in the back row on the far right.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing she misses that many shots every game. Definitely a project-type player, but she is pretty fluid for 6'6"/6'7". I think she needs to get a little stronger still.

Seeing Cardosa last year to this year. I can see a big jump of improvement. She looks to be in better shape and she's running the court and looks more agile. She has already learned to play long which is great skill to have so early in her career. I would definitely say she is must get big for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Seeing Cardosa last year to this year. I can see a big jump of improvement. She looks to be in better shape and she's running the court and looks more agile. She has already learned to play long which is great skill to have so early in her career. I would definitely say she is must get big for UCONN.

she would be an even more effective player if she learned to actually jump .......................:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom