2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Charliebball any updates, news, info on recruiting for 2020 class. Always know you have a few nuggets of insight, especially after no. 1 playing no.2 game.

Reaction Score
Charliebball any updates, news, info on recruiting for 2020 class. Always know you have a few nuggets of insight, especially after no. 1 playing no.2 game.

I just got finished watching a scrimmage where my daughter's team got crushed by Saddle River Day with their four DI starters..................that team is going to be difficult to handle this season..............no UConn recruits though..............I'm always looking for some new info but have found things to be kind of slow as the high school season is just starting up..........................Sluconn really is the number one recruiting wiz here..........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Any thoughts regarding if she is interested or not?
Look at the YouTube videos of her working out as a kid in UConn gear. One report has her deciding beteeen Oregon State and UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sonia Citron ('21) began her season last night with a 23 point, 10 rebound, 5 assist performance.

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't get Ms. Bueckers then there is something wrong with the universe.......if it turns out there is something is wrong with the universe I hope she stays in Minnesota and leads the Golden Gophers to the promised land........wherever that might be.......

I have only really followed recruiting for about 10 years but I never saw a recruit more suited for UConn. And signing her would guarantee that Geno will be around at least till she graduates.

Reaction Score
I have only really followed recruiting for about 10 years but I never saw a recruit more suited for UConn. And signing her would guarantee that Geno will be around at least till she graduates.

a Bueckers/Hailey Van Lith back court would be awfully fun to watch...........

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A few Van Lith highlights from Tuesday (12/4). She scored 32 points.

That's funny, I had no idea Chelan's mascot is the Mountain Goats. Appropriate, I think both goats and bighorn sheep live among the cliffs along the lake.

If you've never heard of it, Lake Chelan is a beautiful 50 mile long lake surrounded by mountains.

Reaction Score
Does Uconn have any interest in the younger Westbeld?
It looks like she has a different skill set then big sis.

Reaction Score
A new thread for players of interest in the 2020 and 2021 classes. Might throw in a nugget or two about 2022 players occasionally.

A list of the players we know or appear to know UConn is interested in from these two classes at this point:

2020:

Paige Bueckers, Hailey Van Lith, Hannah Gusters, Dalayah Daniels, Leilani Kapinus, Sasha Goforth, Sarah Andrews, Natalija Marshall ---all ranked within ESPN's and Prospects Nation's top-22.

2021:

Azzi Fudd, Amari DeBerry, Olivia Miles, Caroline Ducharme, Sonia Citron, Saylor Poffenbarger, Jillian Hollingshead, Taylor Bigby
Has UCONN offered any of these players scholarships yet?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers told a local radio station that she's down to 10 schools and she'll reduce that number after her season.

Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers told a local radio station that she's down to 10 schools and she'll reduce that number after her season.

wow.................10..........................she's really keeping her options open...................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just saw a couple of good games. St. Johns (Fudd) beat Edison by about 74-47. I missed the first 5 minutes. Reportedly, Azzi had 13 points before I sat down. As SLU notes, Azzi had 28 for the game (basically 3 quarters). She shot the ball well, but did miss a few. She plays good defense and handles the ball well. Her shot is at the D-I college level already, probably the best in the nation at the prep level. She missed a couple of shots following a step-back. When she goes straight up or into a shot, she rarely misses. The one FT I saw did not hit the rim. She could play for UConn right now. Azzi has teammates headed to UNC (Tshitengi-Mutombo) and Columbia. She wants to challenge Steph Curry next summer. He still has the edge, but she's insanely good. Reportedly, Geno was at her game against Good Counsel recently.

In the second game, National Christian Academy used a nice rally to edge top-ranked Christ the King by 51-49. CTK was bigger by about 4" per player, but NCA was decidedly quicker and faster. They also executed better. Natalija Marshall looked pretty good for CTK. She is built like Olivia (solid legs, thin arms), but with narrower shoulders and shorter arms. She's a 6'4" finesse player, who likes a short jump shot. She was in early foul trouble, which hurt CTK. The game was full of D-I prospects at various levels.

The first row was full of coaches, including Brenda and 2 Terp assistants.

I hope to see Aubrey tomorrow and maybe Azzi again.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger with 13 points and 15 rebounds in her first game of the year last night (12/7).

Sasha Goforth led Fayetteville with 15 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom