2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 62 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith said in a recent interview one of her goals is to be a 4 time National POY. How is that any different than Clark saying she wants to have an immediate impact as a Freshman?

of all the schools on her list where is that most likely to happen?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Around here it's mostly the Catholic and private schools that do the recruiting, legal and illegal....seems crazy to me that a family would move so that their already #7 ranked daughter could play for a different public high school team since most folks seem to think that high school basketball is an afterthought compared to AAU ball....BTW if she's not playing how was Geno watching her?
The ruling was she was not eligible to play in games. Suspect she is still working out with the HS team hoping that the ruling would be reversed.

Reaction Score
None of them. There is zero chance of this happening.

well it's highly unlikely but not unprecedented:

2013 National Champion - UConn
2014 National Champion - UConn
2015 National Champion - UConn
2016 National Champion - UConn

MTC

Reaction Score
Uconn can get guards anytime it wants but now is the time to get at least two tall players. Geno is probably going to have a #1 recruiting class.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd's last game was, of course, a win. Her team is 29-1 and ranked 2nd nationally. Their only loss was 44-41 game against #1 Miami Country Day at the Nike Tournament of Champions in December.

Does anyone know if St. Johns College High School has a post-season? I saw Azzi only once this year and would love to watch her again. Her high school career is only half over and she's a legend already.

Reactions: MTC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if St. Johns College High School has a post-season? I saw Azzi only once this year and would love to watch her again. Her high school career is only half over and she's a legend already.

They in fact do. They play next on Thursday at Middleburg Academy.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Her first response as to what she's looking for is being able to play right away. Would Muffet give her that guarantee?

I don't think Muffet would give her a guarantee but Muffet will play freshmen. Examples: Allen, Loyd, Turner

So she'd have a shot to earn it. And frankly, ND needs shooting. Clark's ability to hit 3s would earn her playing time from day 1. Doesn't appear to be a strong suit of Nixon, Gilbert, or Peoples.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Seems like half the recruiting posts on the ND Muffet's Bench site reference Caitlin.

Well, Muffet has gone to a couple of her games this year, including this past Saturday. She is clearly one of ND's top targets and she's been pretty open about ND being among the teams she is considering. Other likely top targets like Bueckers, Marshall, etc. have been a little harder to read.

MTC

Reaction Score
Well, Muffet has gone to a couple of her games this year, including this past Saturday. She is clearly one of ND's top targets and she's been pretty open about ND being among the teams she is considering. Other likely top targets like Bueckers, Marshall, etc. have been a little harder to read.
I would not be surprised if ND starts out with 20 targets and keeps narrowing it down based on the player's attitude during further conversations. They are located in a great location to attract local talent.

Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd's last game was, of course, a win. Her team is 29-1 and ranked 2nd nationally. Their only loss was 44-41 game against #1 Miami Country Day at the Nike Tournament of Champions in December.

Yes there is a post season in the DC area.

Reaction Score
After seeing what uconn has done for Lou and Collier, how could a 6'3 combo forward like Reese not want to play at uconn.
Reese has been very vocal about UConn, ND etc. not being under consideration because she wants to play a lot early. Yes. WBB recruiting is taking on the same aspects as the men's. Complete with scouts favoring or being biased against certain club teams. Prospects Nation does not heart the Philly Belles for instance.

Reaction Score
7+ minutes of Hailey Van Lith mic'd up at practice:

She has an odd shot. Not as bad as Coombs, but it's a push shot from the top of her chest/neck/left shoulder area. Her body type leads me to believe she would need some serious conditioning especially somewhere like UConn or ND. Her high school program doesn't look that organized, and they don't even have fully inflated balls? Did the Patriots equipment manager stop by before practice?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She has an odd shot. Not as bad as Coombs, but it's a push shot from the top of her chest/neck/left shoulder area. Her body type leads me to believe she would need some serious conditioning especially somewhere like UConn or ND. Her high school program doesn't look that organized, and they don't even have fully inflated balls? Did the Patriots equipment manager stop by before practice?

If you watched her in the 3x3 tournaments you wouldn't think she needs conditioning. She's stout and strong, thick legs and wide shoulders. Notorious for being a workout beast.

I don't see any issues with her shot either, quite frankly.

Reaction Score
Reese has been very vocal about UConn, ND etc. not being under consideration because she wants to play a lot early. Yes. WBB recruiting is taking on the same aspects as the men's. Complete with scouts favoring or being biased against certain club teams. Prospects Nation does not heart the Philly Belles for instance.

That's easy to do when at the time of that quote, no proof UConn was interested. I don't think Notre Dame would be interested and there is no mention of Muffet going to watch her. So defense mechanism for not having UConn offer, oh I don't want to go there. Now she has UConn interest and visits for a game, so do you really think UConn is not under consideration? Obviously she is considering UConn now. So I don't take those comments to mean anything.

Reaction Score
Leilani Kapinus picks up an offer from Louisville today. I'm as shocked as you. She received one from Ohio State recently as well.

She hasn't played in how long? So what made Louisville say now is the time we want her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom