2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, that was not a well thought out move. Hard to believe that both the parents and the MacArthur coach were asleep at the wheel.
I live relatively near both schools and cant understand why the local press hasn't dissected this more. Understand we need to be cautious when commenting on a high school student but unusual that the adults involved weren't called out.

Reaction Score
Great read. Contains some cautionary tales regarding 15 year old Azzi and the use of social media. Very timely considering subject was covered in this BY thread just yesterday.

Possible Grad Transfers Next Year?
Would also point out to BYers that our posts are likely read by these same teens. Suggest we just descression in how we address issues.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jaelyn Bates with 24 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals last night (2/6). She went 5-9 from three.

Reaction Score
Clip of Leilani Kapinus from last summer that was re-tweeted today:

despite what some here may think, it's very possible that she will get a UConn offer in the coming weeks as a guard/wing option.............

Reaction Score
And we saw the schools we’ve seen mentioned all along. Oregon, Oregon State, UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, Louisville, UCLA, and this time - Ohio State.

Reaction Score
And we saw the schools we’ve seen mentioned all along. Oregon, Oregon State, UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, Louisville, UCLA, and this time - Ohio State.

I would defer to my ND friends but I didn't think she had an ND offer as they already have Clark and Bueckers targeted.................I have a feeling it's going to come down to the Oregon schools vs UConn.............

Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers and Hopkins will again be streamed online Friday night.

7:30 central at the link

School Space Media

I spaced out and missed the first half. Unlike the Wayzata game where Bueckers was the only one who even wanted the ball, Bueckers' team mates seem to be engaged in the game. Only saw the first 5 mins of the 2nd half .

Reaction Score
Hopkins wins 70-38. Bueckers had 14 in the 1st half and not much in the 2nd as the officials whistled her 3 times and she sat the last 7 mins or so. Nice to see the rest of Hopkins' roster contribute after their near choke last week. They have an 8th grader & a 9th grader who are both tall and play a lot of minutes. One is called Mnagi (or close to that) her brother is the leading scorer on Hopkins' boys team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched part of the first half. The opponent had trouble with defensive pressure, so Hopkins was up by about 25 at the break. It was interesting to see Paige when it's not just highlights. She moves well, competes, plays defense, is smooth, and has skill and confidence. I didn't see enough to know that she's the best player in the country, but she's obviously very, very good. She needs to play for Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom