2020-21 midseason transfer thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2020-21 midseason transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, prior to the recent blanket waiver last December, any player who transferred had to sit out the mandatory transfer season unless they were granted a waiver for immediate eligibility.

In the Big 12 conference, any undergraduate transfer who transferred to another school not only had to sit out one season, but they also would lose one season of eligibility. The situation you were thinking of were grad-transfers (Erin DeGrate -- Tech to Baylor, and Vivian Gray -- OSU to Tech); they still needed their departing school to grant them a waiver, which both did so they could play immediately.
Appreciate the clarification.

Reaction Score
Article to follow up on Mingo-Young tweet:
I would like to see her at Tulane with their star freshman Jerkaila Jordan.

Things seemed to be boiling a bit between McCray and Mango-Young in the one game I watched, maybe Arkansas. She was playing very well early in the year.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I already asked this, possibly earlier in this thread, but have forgotten the answer: what is left on MSU's roster?

Are Thompson & Morris expected to return?

Top 5 scorers in Bold

FULL NAMEPOSHGTYEARHOMETOWN / HIGH SCHOOL / PREVIOUS SCHOOL
Caterrion ThompsonG5-11Gr.Lima, Ohio / Lima Senior HS / Bowling Green
Yemiyah MorrisC6-6Sr.San Bernardino, CA / Canyon Springs HS (NV) / Cochise College (AZ)
Myah TaylorG5-7R-Jr.Olive Branch, Miss. / Olive Branch HS
Sidney CooksF/C6-4R-Jr.Kenosha, WI / St. Joseph Catholic HS / Michigan St
Jessika CarterF/C6-5Jr.Waverly Hall, Ga. / Harris County HS
JaMya Mingo-YoungG5-8So.Bogalusa, La. / Loranger HS
Aliyah MatharuG5-7So.Washington, DC / Bishop McNamara HS
Rickea JacksonF6-2So.Detroit, MI / Detroit Edison Public School Academy
KN'isha GodfreyG5-9Fr.Tampa, Fla. / Tampa Bay Technical HS
Madison HayesG6-0Fr.Chattanooga, Tenn. / East Hamilton HS
Charlotte KohlC6-5Fr.Giessen, Germany / Theo Koch Schule

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the thought of coming home. That Young Duo sounds nice lol
I felt like she regressed this year sadly from the beginning of the season to the end. Then I saw her and McCray going at it at times and knew something was up.

Reaction Score
I felt like she regressed this year sadly from the beginning of the season to the end. Then I saw her and McCray going at it at times and knew something was up.
I agree. But it seems like Everyone except Matharu and Taylor regressed.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
It was said on the Mississippi State board that Mingo's parents came down from the stands and yelled at Vic last year, and I'm guessing she complained even more this year with NMP. Vic handled it well tho, but of course that's to be expected.

Watch Mingo be really good at LSU.

Reaction Score
It was said on the Mississippi State board that Mingo's parents came down from the stands and yelled at Vic last year, and I'm guessing she complained even more this year with NMP. Vic handled it well tho, but of course that's to be expected.

Watch Mingo be really good at LSU.
She fits the mold of a typical LSU guard. Similar to Rayg Moncrief-Louis

Now idk if she's gonna transfer home though. Very optimistic though

Reaction Score
Mingo Young has a funky shot and sometimes get hot tempered (which she will have to fix) but she is extremely talented

Would love to have her. I saw her following some Ole Miss girls on social media recently, it made me think.... :eek: Although I do feel that is Coach Yo's type of player. Hard nosed physical player.

If she did transfer to Ole Miss, the state boards would be fun to read.

Reaction Score
That 247 article talks about how she got T’d up in the SECT vs LSU for getting into it with Pointer — Fargas’s niece. Bygones?

Reaction Score
That 247 article talks about how she got T’d up in the SECT vs LSU for getting into it with Pointer — Fargas’s niece. Bygones?
Both were trash talking literally the entire game and then JMY snapped at one point and fouled out because of it. I believe Pointer also picked up a technical as well.

Reaction Score
Mingo Young has a funky shot and sometimes get hot tempered (which she will have to fix) but she is extremely talented

Would love to have her. I saw her following some Ole Miss girls on social media recently, it made me think.... :eek: Although I do feel that is Coach Yo's type of player. Hard nosed physical player.

If she did transfer to Ole Miss, the state boards would be fun to read.
Mingo Young is a physical player and losing her is a drawback. I am a MSST gard and I love the Dawgs but if I were Mingo Young‘s dad I would advice her to transfer to a team that had a coach who loved the game and the players, Ole Miss has such a coach.

Reaction Score
Two grad transfers from Seton Hall -- Allexia Allesch & Jasmine Smith.
Allesch was a starter & Smith avg 18 mpg.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
She fits the mold of a typical LSU guard. Similar to Rayg Moncrief-Louis

Now idk if she's gonna transfer home though. Very optimistic though
DWilliams02--There is an Aussie gal on LSU, named Sharna Ayres. Any idea why she doesnt play any minutes. I saw her with an Aussie Travel team a few years ago and she was by far their best player, the team didnt lose a game vs So Calif HS teams. She was recruited to Marquette but left for LSU. She will be a sophomore next year and it looks like she is old for her class, she was born in 2000, and will be 21 this May.

Reaction Score
DWilliams02--There is an Aussie gal on LSU, named Sharna Ayres. Any idea why she doesnt play any minutes. I saw her with an Aussie Travel team a few years ago and she was by far their best player, the team didnt lose a game vs So Calif HS teams. She was recruited to Marquette but left for LSU. She will be a sophomore next year and it looks like she is old for her class, she was born in 2000, and will be 21 this May.
To be honest. The SEC is a very fast conference. LSU is a defensive first team. And hang their hats on having guards that can run the floor on both ends. Ayres really don't fit the style of play for LSU. I'm not saying she's a bad player. She just doesn't fit the SEC. Similar to Jessie Rennie for Tennessee.

Reaction Score
To be honest. The SEC is a very fast conference. LSU is a defensive first team. And hang their hats on having guards that can run the floor on both ends. Ayres really don't fit the style of play for LSU. I'm not saying she's a bad player. She just doesn't fit the SEC. Similar to Jessie Rennie for Tennessee.
I mean she could be good for a team that likes to play up tempo and get up shots, especially from 3 but LSU is literally the opposite of that. It was weird to bring her because she never exactly a fit here. Although I think its mostly because of the addition of Cordoba recently.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I mean she could be good for a team that likes to play up tempo and get up shots, especially from 3 but LSU is literally the opposite of that. It was weird to bring her because she never exactly a fit here. Although I think its mostly because of the addition of Cordoba recently.
Incredibly weird she wound up there. She was a perfect fit at Marquette. I believe Marquette changed coaches before her arrival, so I dont know if she didnt want to go there or something else. IMO, she wasnt a Power 5 player, but a very good Mid Major player. Will see if she wants to stick it out.
Thanks to SECbbfan24 and Dwillians02 for your responses.

Reaction Score
I would like to see her at Tulane with their star freshman Jerkaila Jordan.

Things seemed to be boiling a bit between McCray and Mango-Young in the one game I watched, maybe Arkansas. She was playing very well early in the year.
That would be a nice combo

Reaction Score
1st transfer out of GW (frosh who avg 4 ppg)
And a 2022 decommit from Wisconsin

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see if Natalie Kucowski out of Lafayette enters the transfer portal. I believe the Patriot League was allowing schools to decide whether or not athletes get a fifth-year at the specific institution. Regardless, Kucowski is a skilled big at 6-3 who shoots the three and rebounds extremely well. Averaged 17.8 PPG, 13.3 RPG, and 2.9 BPG. Somewhat of a turnover machine at 4.2 TOPG. Still an intriguing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom