2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

>>An ’00 left-shot forward, Iskhakov was a second-round pick of the New York Islanders in the 2018 NHL draft. Iskhakov and the Islanders both preferred that he return to UConn for his junior season. However, financial reasons related to the coronavirus forced him and his family to make the decision to turn pro.<<

Reaction Score

>>While the loss of Iskhakov hurts, UConn is equipped to handle it. The Huskies are bringing in an elite group of forwards in Cassidy Bowes, Nick Capone, Hudson Schandor, Artem Shlaine and Gavin Puskar, with Capone and Shlaine expected to be selected in the upcoming NHL Draft. UConn is also looking to bring in another forward to replace Iskhakov but nothing is imminent at the moment.<<

Reaction Score
Brutal. This kid had a chance to take a major step forward this year. No one on this team had his playnaking skills unless I'm forgetting someone. So i dont quite believe we are that equipped to handle it.

Reaction Score
Brutal. This kid had a chance to take a major step forward this year. No one on this team had his playnaking skills unless I'm forgetting someone. So i dont quite believe we are that equipped to handle it.
Wish him the best, but sucks for the team.

Iskhakov is arguably the most electric player in UConn history.

When UConn played at Ingalls Rink NYE 2018, I got to sick a few rows back from the blue line and it was really special watching him live from up close.

Reaction Score
When you recruit talented kids sometimes they only stay for 2 years, in my opinion the 2nd best player after Tage during the UConn Hockey East era. Will gladly buy his Islander Jersey in a couple of years.

Reaction Score

Actually, Daniel Connolly is slightly incorrect in his tweet. He says that UConn men's hockey has 15 out of 17 home games on Friday and Saturday nights. The UConn release says 15 games on Friday night and Saturday. Still, 15 games on Friday and Saturday is a definite improvement to the schedule.

Reaction Score
Letunov and Thompson were much different players.
Thompson more power - esp his one time shot from the circle on the PP. Letunov for a big guy was so graceful with the puck. His goal in overtime against BU was just a great individual effort.
Both were better than ishkakov as much as I loved to watch ishkakov .

Reaction Score
When you recruit talented kids sometimes they only stay for 2 years, in my opinion the 2nd best player after Tage during the UConn Hockey East era. Will gladly buy his Islander Jersey in a couple of years.
True but this was different...seemed to come out of the blue while both he and NY wanted him to stay here but covid apparently killed it .

Reaction Score
Loved Tage, but Max Letunov was UConn's best.
Thompson's got to be 1. Averaged a point a game his freshman year, led the league if not country in PPG, went in 1st round.

Reaction Score
Thompson’s skating is going to hurt him moving forward. Also he is not strong on his skates as well. IMO he will be a very good AHL player but will struggle to stick at the NHL level.

Reaction Score
Played against Tabor, absolutely dominates the game, amazingly strong stride, love his game. May not contribute right away but definitely has great talent

Reaction Score
Not sure who is doing the social media for the hockey team, but they are doing a great job with Twitter and Instagram this summer. It's nice to meet the new Huskies, and see what the veterans are doing this summer. Looking forward to a great season.

Reaction Score
Spent some time on Scott Wheeler's (The Athletic) live prospect Q&A and got a response re: UConn hockey:

You 55m ago: Have any time for any draft-eligible UConn players or commits?

@Joseph B. Don't see much in Yan Kuznetsov, unfortunately. Big fan of Firstov, so look for a breakout year from him, though. Don't think their other inbound freshman are going to be NHLers.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be too concerned with what Scott Wheeler thinks about the UConn prospects. I’ll bet he’s never seen any of them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom