2020-2021 Roster | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the concern is Hurley is looking to fill three spots and there is only one available now and maybe a second if Player X transfers.

What? I was referring to the post about Alterique having to sit out a year. He won’t.

In general, transferring under the current rules is tough for a junior. Most schools don’t want to give out a scholarship for two years to get one year of play.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
1. In building the roster, you have to assume that Akok isn't playing and that Polley either isn't playing or can't be counted on as the same player. If that's not true, great, but you can't count on either. (I'm not a surgeon but I would be shocked if Akok even suits up next year.)

2. Having said that, there is no way they are pushing Polley out while he's rehabbing and trying to get back to full strength, even if he has to sit out a year and not be a big part of your plans the following year. Even in this college basketball world of little ethics and mores, you can't push out a kid for his fourth year who was keeping his nose clean and got hurt playing for you. If he spends next year rehabbing at UConn and doesn't have a fifth year coming, that's another story, but he's taking a roster spot next year.

I think Akok will be back at some point next season, but what he will be able to give you is certainly not anything you can rely upon. Maybe he redshirts, maybe not.

Polley is an interesting case. While he had that great last game, he didn't flash the skills of a SF very often. He's a nice player as a 3 and D guy off the bench. If he's got to medical redshirt next season, I think it is plausible that he goes elsewhere for his 5th year. That allows him to transfer and not miss any time he wouldn't have missed anyway (rule change notwithstanding). I don't see Hurley going into next season with two scholarship positions not able to play. We saw how that has worked this year. If he only misses a month or so, I'm sure he will be back.

I'm pretty sure Seth Towns is at least on the list for Hurley to try to land. And Bruner at PF. There are likely others we haven't considered. Towns would certainly move Polley to the bench, maybe 3rd on the depth chart behind Jackson and Adams.

Reaction Score
3 spots? that's really surprising if true. that would also mean seven new players in the mix which is A LOT!!

Reaction Score
I think Akok will be back at some point next season, but what he will be able to give you is certainly not anything you can rely upon. Maybe he redshirts, maybe not.

Polley is an interesting case. While he had that great last game, he didn't flash the skills of a SF very often. He's a nice player as a 3 and D guy off the bench. If he's got to medical redshirt next season, I think it is plausible that he goes elsewhere for his 5th year. That allows him to transfer and not miss any time he wouldn't have missed anyway (rule change notwithstanding). I don't see Hurley going into next season with two scholarship positions not able to play. We saw how that has worked this year. If he only misses a month or so, I'm sure he will be back.

I'm pretty sure Seth Towns is at least on the list for Hurley to try to land. And Bruner at PF. There are likely others we haven't considered. Towns would certainly move Polley to the bench, maybe 3rd on the depth chart behind Jackson and Adams.
So thanks for everything, sorry you got hurt while playing for us but it's time for you to move on we need your spot? Hope that isn't who Hurley is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom