2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News

Reaction Score
I don’t begrudge Tara for getting there first. Let her have her day in the sun. Geno is just behind her and wins at a higher rate. He will pass her this season or next, and then leave her in a cloud of dust.

All time wins is a nice feather to have, but Geno doesn't need it. 11 titles and an .885 winning percentage place him alone at the top.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I thought Dungee had graduated. Arkansas should be tough this season.

Reaction Score
I thought Dungee had graduated. Arkansas should be tough this season.
Arkansas only lost Tolefree and Kiara Williams to graduation. They had Gaulden (GA Southern) and Doumbia (Purdue) transfer out (mostly likely to the crowded backcourt situation?), and recently had a reserve leave for a JUCO spot.

They return Dungee, Ramirez, Taylah Thomas (Fwd), and Soph starter Makayla Daniels, and add in Slocum. They also get back RS Sr Jailyn Mason, who missed all of last year with a foot injury. Certainly one of the best shooting backcourts in the country.

Reaction Score
Arkansas only lost Tolefree and Kiara Williams to graduation. They had Gaulden (GA Southern) and Doumbia (Purdue) transfer out (mostly likely to the crowded backcourt situation?), and recently had a reserve leave for a JUCO spot.

They return Dungee, Ramirez, Taylah Thomas (Fwd), and Soph starter Makayla Daniels, and add in Slocum. They also get back RS Sr Jailyn Mason, who missed all of last year with a foot injury. Certainly one of the best shooting backcourts in the country.
Where are the rebounds coming from?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Arkansas is now like old school men’s Loyola Marymount.......who needs rebounds or defense when you can hoist 200 shots per game?

Well, the offensive philosophy certainly seems to the tilted towards the get it up the court and towards the hoop...fast, a la Paul Westhead and/or Mike D'Antoni.

Interesting that Kelsey Plum, the main cog of Mike Neighbor's Washington teams is now aboard at Arkansas as a grad assistant.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, the offensive philosophy certainly seems to the tilted towards the get it up the court and towards the hoop...fast, a la Paul Westhead and/or Mike D'Antoni.

Interesting that Kelsey Plum, the main cog of Mike Neighbor's Washington teams is now aboard at Arkansas as a grad assistant.

Maybe I did and it slipped my mind, but I didn't realize Plum's UW Teammate, Chantel Osahor, was also an assistant coach at Arkansas. I'm sure Neighbors would love to be able to sub her in and her 15.3 Rebounds a game(senior season).

Reaction Score
I’m ready for Wednesday to be here! Covid is really bad where I’m at so I’m now just working from home so can’t wait to watch every college game on Wednesday! Lol Go Baylor lady bears! Sic’em

Reaction Score
Honestly, it's looking bleak for how many games this season will have. Football has been cancelling games left and right. It makes you wonder whether this season is a matter of when it will get cancelled, not if it will get complete.

Reaction Score
No NCAA MBB Tourney 2 years in a row would likely kill dozens [as in 5-8 dozen] small school athletic programs [not simply basketball but the entire athletic department]. If every player has to be bubble wrapped and dipped in Lysol, the Season will happen.

Note: vaccine(s) make(s) the situation far simpler.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Honestly, it's looking bleak for how many games this season will have. Football has been cancelling games left and right. It makes you wonder whether this season is a matter of when it will get cancelled, not if it will get complete.

I'm starting to wonder along the same lines.

ND initially had four out-of-conference games. I think the opener was an away game at Ohio U. for the weekend after Thanksgiving. However, that communication was pulled almost as fast as it went up; and, nothing has appeared since, leaving the ACC opener as the first game in mid-December on the posted schedule.

I've got to think that the Irish will try to get a few games in beforehand, or is this becoming harder than one ever would've imagined given what's going on with the virus?

Stay safe everyone

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Kelly Graves one on one with current roster (chronologically from seniors to freshmen; actually begins about 2 minutes in). Not a lot of basketball news, but a very impressive group imo. And Graves is certainly enjoying himself. Also love the comment to Jaz Shelly: "All the way from . . . the country that did it right."

Reaction Score
AP Top 25 Zoom panel with coaches Kim Arico, Cori Close, Dawn Staley, and Jeff Walz. Hosted by Doug Feinberg. (11-20-20)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Hard to say, but basketball will be more management than football based on numbers alone. It's a lot easier to manage 10-15 players plus stuff compared to a massive football roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom