2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What's that line from The Wizard of Oz, "Why didn't you say so in the first place?" All power to Cavanaugh for moving forward and best of luck to him. My brother came out in the mid-70's and you'll always find an advocate for following your inner light with me.

However, this sure didn't seem like common knowledge. Maybe a paragraph would've helped bring the "not in the know" folks up to speed. Good luck in his next career.

The rest on Fordham holds. Go Rams!

My first read of the Hays article did use Bryson’s dead name and former pronouns. But after I read your post about the thought misgendering of Cavanaugh I clicked it again. This time Hays had provided a paragraph about Cavanaugh’s first more public announcement of his identity and cited an interview. So, it may have just been a circumstance of Hays being informed post-article post and you getting the link mid-correction. If I misread your statement about timing, disregard.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
My first read of the Hays article did use Bryson’s dead name and former pronouns. But after I read your post about the thought misgendering of Cavanaugh I clicked it again. This time Hays had provided a paragraph about Cavanaugh’s first more public announcement of his identity and cited an interview. So, it may have just been a circumstance of Hays being informed post-article post and you getting the link mid-correction. If I misread your statement about timing, disregard.

Thanks for reporting that. I didn't see any context to it initially. I'm a big believer in providing the old-fashioned who, what, where, when, how and why every time out, as if every reader/viewer is a new one.

Without the benefit of Cavanaught's tweet, who would've known?

Long story short:
- Best of luck to him
- Fordham's team benefited from having the former "Bre" on the team, but I'm sure they wish their colleague all the best in his endeavors.
- And they'll still do pretty well. Great coach and good players returning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What's that line from The Wizard of Oz, "Why didn't you say so in the first place?" All power to Cavanaugh for moving forward and best of luck to him. My brother came out in the mid-70's and you'll always find an advocate for following your inner light with me.

However, this sure didn't seem like common knowledge. Maybe a paragraph would've helped bring the "not in the know" folks up to speed. Good luck in his next career.

The rest on Fordham holds. Go Rams!
Agree with you there. Including the link to the article instead of being specific wasn't good on their part. It's easy to miss it because we're actually reading the text, not thinking of opening the hyper link.

Congrats to your brother having the confidence and courage to come out when he did. I couldn't even imagine what it was like for him then.

Glad to see that Cavanaugh's family and girlfriend were positive. That's so important.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

screen-shot-2020-04-27-at-10.37.10-am.png

I thought I heard @triaddukefan squealing...

Excellent pickup!

Not sure if I am capable of squealing ...... but this definitely calls for a celebratory salad

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This was probably gonna be a really tough season anyway, but it got worse for Washington. Senior Missy Peterson, one of the few returning players who has displayed any potential scoring ability, will miss the season with an ACL tear.

Reaction Score
This was probably gonna be a really tough season anyway, but it got worse for Washington. Senior Missy Peterson, one of the few returning players who has displayed any potential scoring ability, will miss the season with an ACL tear.

Damn. I was looking forward to her raining down threes. Rough times in Seattle.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Where's the dislike button? Man, that's brutal.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Chloe Bibby is eligible for the Terps. Haven’t seen many players denied this season. Also wouldn’t surprise me if she took up that extra year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am happy for Choe Bibby but to me, she has not lived up to the promise she showed her 1st 2 years. Be it injuries or the MSU system, I thought she would be a better scorer or facilitator ala Kat Westbeld from ND. MD has a hodgepodge set of talented players now being led by talented (but too selfish IMO) Ashley Awusu. Collins showed nice end of freshman year promise at Tenn but can she thrive/grow under Brenda? Miller and even Masonius showed skills but how do they all mesh without a true pass first PG? This MD team is talented enough to Win the Big10 but are they really a top 8 team? Not so sure...

Off the top of my head I have SC, UConn, Stanford, Baylor, Louisville, Arizona, Kentucky and Oregon all ahead of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom