2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 Non-Uconn WCBB News

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Before every Hurricane home game... the team has celebrities from sports, entertainment and politics sound the siren. Since of course the NHL is playing in a bubble..... Coach Lawson had to sound the siren in the comforts of Cameron Indoor Stadium

Unfortunately the Canes blew a 2-0 3rd period lead and lost the game... and ultimately the series to the hated Bruins :(

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Before every Hurricane home game... the team has celebrities from sports, entertainment and politics sound the siren. Since of course the NHL is playing in a bubble..... Coach Lawson had to sound the siren in the comforts of Cameron Indoor Stadium

Unfortunately the Canes blew a 2-0 3rd period lead and lost the game... and ultimately the series to the hated Bruins :(

Any updates on the Bobcats while your at it?....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Inaugural women's and the men's Battle 4 Atlantis tournaments moving from the Bahamas to Sioux Falls, S. Dakota. Yikes! Central Michigan, Marquette, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse make up the field of teams originally scheduled to play in the women's tourney. Games would be played at the Sanford Pentagon, a small arena that opened in 2013 and seats 3,250.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Inaugural women's and the men's Battle 4 Atlantis tournaments moving from the Bahamas to Sioux Falls, S. Dakota. Yikes! Central Michigan, Marquette, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Florida, and Syracuse make up the field of teams originally scheduled to play in the women's tourney. Games would be played at the Sanford Pentagon, a small arena that opened in 2013 and seats 3,250.

Wow, that's quite the change of venue, Bahamas to Sioux Falls.

South Carolina fans have particularly fond memories of that city, I'm sure.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Already in mid-season form :p

Reaction Score
I used to fly into Sioux Falls, and stay overnight there, to work with a business associate in a nearby small town (Tea, SD). Very hard to get to, but once you’re there it’s actually a rockin’ place. College town, night life (really), etc. Could do a lot worse...

Reaction Score

Had to think about it. So many trips out West.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I used to fly into Sioux Falls, and stay overnight there, to work with a business associate in a nearby small town (Tea, SD). Very hard to get to, but once you’re there it’s actually a rockin’ place. College town, night life (really), etc. Could do a lot worse...
Umm, I think the seating and local nightlife are all moot points as the reason it was moved was due to the pandemic. Tournaments like this played in mini bubbles may make a lot of sense and all the conferences should think about this to play as many of the games after Thanksgiving and before Winter terms start.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Had to think about it. So many trips out West.
I didn't. I can still hear the echoes of the incessant whining about Lexingtongate.

To be fair, I thought the committee's stated rationale was garbage.

Reaction Score
I didn't. I can still hear the echoes of the incessant whining about Lexingtongate.

To be fair, I thought the committee's stated rationale was garbage.

To be fair, the whining was more cumulative than anything else.

And yeah, assigning ND to Lexington so that the Committee could let Kentucky play at home for crowd purposes was irritating at the time and still irritating a little bit now. Drawing the zoniest, zone team for that particular perimeter challenged team was just added bad luck.

But you know imagine the reaction if UConn didn't get to play in Bridgport or Hartford or wherever some time. Glass igloos.

Plebe

Reaction Score

And yeah, assigning ND to Lexington so that the Committee could let Kentucky play at home for crowd purposes was irritating at the time and still irritating a little bit now. Drawing the zoniest, zone team for that particular perimeter challenged team was just added bad luck.

But you know imagine the reaction if UConn didn't get to play in Bridgport or Hartford or wherever some time. Glass igloos.
Well, the committee's stated rationale FWIW was that ND was placed in Lexington because it is within the 350-mile threshold of "driving distance". I would've found the Kentucky-at-home rationale more palatable than that.

As for Operation Deflect, I don't believe I've ever implied UConn fans would be less vocal in an analogous scenario, and I've certainly not withheld my criticism of overly homerist complaints on other bracketing issues. We were spared this year the crescendoing "Fort Wayne or bust" hue and cry only by the cancellation.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

It had already started preemptively with the possibility of being shipped to Portland.

Reaction Score

Really? Like where UConn plays in the first or second round would affect the outcome.

Reaction Score
Anyone who cares about Women’s BB should be concerned that the “powers that be” harm the game by placing the Regional Sites in the same small handful of locations year after year. Can’t grow the game without creating fans. Accessibility doesn’t guarantee creating fans but it is far better than areas never having access. That point is multiplied by the fact that some of the repeat sites are in areas of negative population “growth”. Like any business, new opportunities should be focused on growth areas and not areas in decline. If teams [and existing fans] have to travel, so be it. At some point, every sport [business] has to establish self-sufficient finances. Growth isn’t an option but a necessity.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Adams to Miss 2020-21 Campaign with Knee Injury

Poor kid.... can't catch a break.

batman.gif

Reaction Score
The first of many opt-outs? I'd have to think so.
I have a feeling her time at Stanford may be done. Unless the bigs they have doesn't produce. She's gonna graduate if she hasn't already (don't follow the program much). So she'll be able to transfer

Reaction Score
I have a feeling her time at Stanford may be done. Unless the bigs they have doesn't produce. She's gonna graduate if she hasn't already (don't follow the program much). So she'll be able to transfer
I agree, similar to Thompson and Carrington, I Wouldn’t be shocked to see her land somewhere and try and improve her draft stock.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Unlike Thompson and Carrington, Dodson never got remotely close to fulfilling her potential.

Honesty I was surprised Dodson came back last year. She missed the entire season for the most part and returned in mid February. She could have gotten a degree and 2 years to play somewhere else if she wanted. That of course being the key. Maybe she didn't. She will be a good grad pick up for someone i would imagine if she wants that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom