2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
UNCW is her hometown school. It's like if Gabby Williams would have listed UNLV as one of her finalists.

It would be like Gabby choosing Nevada, not UNLV, but I suppose that makes more sense.

Geographically, I think I was mixing her up with Teonni Key, who is outside of Raleigh.

Reaction Score
Premier Basketball Report with photos and captions from last weekend's Prime event.

Players include Kamilla Cardoso, who PBR ranks #1 in 2020, Raven Johson, Carleigh Wenzel, Jaylen Bates, Latasha Lattimore, KK Bransford, Shay Bollin, Alexia Mobley, and Jersey Wolfenbarger.

Am I the only one who read the player list and saw PBR and was immediately transported back to college days drinking the $1 cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who read the player list and saw PBR and was immediately transported back to college days drinking the $1 cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon?
:eek:$1 a can?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can understand A&T (and even respect it, honestly) if she’s drawn to attending an HBCU. But UNCW...?
This seems like a list designed not to offend anyone.

Reaction Score
Uhhh, what I don't get is why the coaches are recruiting a player who said "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn." a few months ago. She is very talented and extremely athletic though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Uhhh, what I don't get is why the coaches are recruiting a player who said "But now all I can think of is that I want to beat UConn." a few months ago. She is very talented and extremely athletic though.

Maybe they were impressed by her competitive spirit in wanting to beat UConn. If you recall, Christyn Williams had similar feelings though I don't know if she let them be known prior to UConn recruiting her.

Reaction Score
Cause she’s a young teenager and they change their minds all the time

Reaction Score
Full game is here in case someone want to see what Jocyte is about.
Jocyte is lithe like Paige. She is very smooth with the ball, can get her own shot off the dribble and is very, very good from midrange. Hard to believe she's playing up 2 years. I was very impressed. Thanks for attaching the video.

Reaction Score
I can understand A&T (and even respect it, honestly) if she’s drawn to attending an HBCU. But UNCW...?

UNCW is a local option for her very near her home. Coach Karen Barefoot has the Seahawks on the rise.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dear UNCW, Indiana, NC A and T, North Carolina and (sorry @triaddukefan) Duke. When it comes to Saniya Rivers I'd like to introduce you to a guy named Chance.

Back view of overweight man. Obese man outdoor. Great danger for health. Increased risk of heart attack.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Didn't Christyn Williams say something similar?

Reaction Score
Didn't Christyn Williams say something similar?
Hers was before UConn had reached out to her:

"I was thinking, 'Where's UConn?' They're not even contacting me, so I'm going to beat them," she said.

Christyn received her UConn offer on January 17, 2016. I don't think anywhere it specifically said she was not open to UConn as an option as it did for Saniya.

Whether or not UConn had been in contact with Saniya or not -- I'm not sure.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hers was before UConn had reached out to her:
"I was thinking, 'Where's UConn?' They're not even contacting me, so I'm going to beat them," she said.
Christyn received her UConn offer on January 17, 2016. I don't think anywhere it specifically said she was not open to UConn as an option as it did for Saniya.
Still think it is similar timing and same sentiment on the part of both players. Williams was #2 in the class at the time, same as Rivers is now. Neither player had heard from UCONN, so their focus became finding a school, from among those schools they had heard from, that was good enough to beat UCONN. Once both players heard from UCONN things changed. UCONN saw Rivers play AAU within weeks of that quote being published. All good IMO especially if Rivers ends up at UCONN as Williams did. As I have said before in the hands of a master craftsman Rivers could be special-NDPOY special. I only could 2.5 master craftsman/woman among her 12 schools.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

UConn scouted her in July, and right after she and the coaching staff began following one another on social media. Pretty safe to assume there has been contact.

Reaction Score
UConn scouted her in July, and right after she and the coaching staff began following one another on social media. Pretty safe to assume there has been contact.
I meant before the ESPN article came out in early June.

Reaction Score

She's what? 16? Wanting to beat UConn shows competitive fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom