2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2020-2021-2022 UConn Recruit and Target Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Most of you know that a while ago I created the Rayah Marshall bandwagon hoping that someday UCONN would take notice. Just when I had given up all hope I ran across this article:

"She did something historic when she garnered athletic scholarship offers from programs like Arizona, UCLA, UCONN, and Oregon among many others at a very young age, younger than any other girl prospect has ever done in the past!'
CaliforniaPreps - Paul Pierce 2.0: Rayah Marshall is “Lady Truth“

The comparison to Candace Parker in the article is a little bit of a stretch IMO and might not be too palatable for some. Marshall reminds me more of a young healthy Vicki Baugh=versatile, size, handles, speed & elevation on the jumper. Her highlights have been made private but this girl can play and she sounds like a GREAT KID! Also mentioned in the article is that she plays AAU for DT's team and wants to have a similar impact on the game. UCONN would not be a bad place for Rayah to start making that impact.

Reaction Score
Most of you know that a while ago I created the Rayah Marshall bandwagon hoping that someday UCONN would take notice. Just when I had given up all hope I ran across this article:

"She did something historic when she garnered athletic scholarship offers from programs like Arizona, UCLA, UCONN, and Oregon among many others at a very young age, younger than any other girl prospect has ever done in the past!'

The comparison to Candace Parker in the article is a little bit of a stretch IMO and might not be too palatable for some. Marshall reminds me more of a young healthy Vicki Baugh=versatile, size, handles, speed & elevation on the jumper. Her highlights have been made private but this girl can play and she sounds like a GREAT KID! Also mentioned in the article is that she plays AAU for DT's team and wants to have a similar impact on the game. UCONN would not be a bad place for Rayah to start making that impact.
Interesting. Dan Olson also compares her, or at least her versatility to Candace Parker (edit - didn't realize the article's comparisons also came from Olson). That makes two 6-3 guards with offers, and a 6-2 one already on board - I like this size!

Olson says she is a combo-guard, and Prospects Nation lists her as a forward.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

What year is she?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Some up and comers from Europe for 2021 I believe. I know, math is not faith based, but when it comes to math that is all I have.

I call this the MoJeff:

Ten impressive players from #FIBAU16Europe who didn’t make the All-Star Fives

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No ongoing mega threads. If a recruit is in the news, tweet, or whatever, post it for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom