2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
the Truth about QB recruitment.

WE will get a good one. There simply - every year - too many really solid prospects for too few FBS top QB spots. With the disclaimer, often HS QBs may not turn out to be as good in college as any evaluator might think. I read extensively on Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen coming out of HS; it is sometimes weird how kids progress to a big time environment and on the field. Steven K was ours even though he had lots of offers in the Fall of 2017. Kids filled out the P5 slots ... and then the rest circle. I am certain this STAFF at UCONN has their eye on a few kids (maybe one specifically that we really want). A QB - and think of this if you were his Dad or a mentor - has to grab the musical chair seat probably by the first game of his Senior year. Many show well that Senior year who hadn't played the position in previous years. That means the mix gets even more supply ... maybe from a kid who played TE as a Junior and now has his moment.

Marvin Washington was an anomaly. A really great pick by UConn in the last few weeks before the National LOI day. From Florida (and from my view ... FL kids just seem to like to wait to the last weeks). MW was not going to be a top QB recruit for any P5 program in January; all of them already had one or two verbals ready. Marvin Washington was going to have to be the second or third guy at a P5 and really shine. HCRE came in with Rhett Lashlee ... and we were an opportunistic possiblity. We only had McAfee who was a largely unknown quality on boards. MW looked at his opportunity set and that UConn slot looked very good (plus we had Terry Richardson who has FL cred).

I cannot explain away HCRE recruiting of QBs after Orlovsky. I think Steven Krajewski and MW are projected to be better than most all of those kids. I liked Lorenzen; but he was a fully formed Juco. Somehow ... I have more optimism on QB going forward.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Trent Holler who has exploded on the recruiting trail picking up a Cincy, Pitt and WVU offer since his visit on 6/4 has posted some UConn pics moments ago. Maybe we are still a real candidate here. The WVU offer is pinned.

Reaction Score
Big target. Should be helpful in short yardage.

I doubt he is being recruited as a tight end. It’s evident from the picture that he has the frame to carry 300 pounds. And he is wearing 77.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I doubt he is being recruited as a tight end. It’s evident from the picture that he has the frame to carry 300 pounds. And he is wearing 77.

Yes, looks more like an OT, but I could see him checking in as a TE on the goal line. We shall see.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Valentin Senn is now back home in Austria contemplating his 6 camps in 11 days tour.

During his trip, Senn also picked up Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) offers from Colorado, Akron, Buffalo, Connecticut, Dartmouth, Holy Cross, Lafayette, Maine and Towson.

Austrian OL impresses Buffs, others

Reaction Score
So I was taking a gander at the offers...why is Dallas/Fort Worth UConn's recruiting focus compared to Houston?

Is that simply because we haven't gone down to Houston yet? Just figured that would be the natural place to go seeing we have conference affiliation in Houston.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So I was taking a gander at the offers...why is Dallas/Fort Worth UConn's recruiting focus compared to Houston?

Is that simply because we haven't gone down to Houston yet? Just figured that would be the natural place to go seeing we have conference affiliation in Houston.

I dunno, but we are killing it in Dallas area...Corey doing a great job

Reaction Score

Yeah, the list of recruits that are within 40 minutes Smith are amazing. Smith's high school actually plays a couple of the guys we have offered and is within walking distance of other high schools with guys I am not entirely sure why they weren't offered but are getting buzz from good schools.

It will be awesome to establish a recruiting pipeline in TX...it's a goldmine.

Reaction Score

We offered 3-4 kids from greater Houston area last year with no results. They recruit there but I think this staff has stronger ties/relationships to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex (were we also have a conference affiliation ;)).

Reaction Score
h/t to @Exit 4 who sniffed this out:

Trayvon Moss is a 6-0 205lb WR/LB from Victory Christian School in Tulsa Oklahoma. Other offers from Cincinnati, Northern Arizona, Ohio, Oregon State, Temple and Western Carolina.

Highlights

Minor point but if we're his 4th offer, 3 of those schools listed must not have offered (yet).

Reaction Score
Minor point but if we're his 4th offer, 3 of those schools listed must not have offered (yet).

Look @ the date... it was missed on the 5th. Picked up offers since the 5th (Temple, Beavers and Cincy).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Look @ the date... it was missed on the 5th. Picked up offers since the 5th (Temple, Beavers and Cincy).
Right and the most recent is Oregon State and he has that one pinned.

Reaction Score

Remember when HCRE 1.0 announced he would not recruit in TX? Something about chasing ghosts. Looks like CE's time in Colorado has paid off well for us - now, if we could get him past those ethical walls Head bang

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Remember when HCRE 1.0 announced he would not recruit in TX? Something about chasing ghosts. Looks like CE's time in Colorado has paid off well for us - now, if we could get him past those ethical walls Head bang

Haha I don’t. RE left when I was like a sophomore in high school. I watched most of the games back then but didn’t follow the background stuff

Reaction Score
We offered 3-4 kids from greater Houston area last year with no results. They recruit there but I think this staff has stronger ties/relationships to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex (were we also have a conference affiliation ;)).

I always forget about SMU being in Texas. In my mind I think of it on the Tex-Mex border...

Reaction Score
2019 UConn Offer List (click on UConn Commit's name for highlight video):
  1. Jayln Philips (DB) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville GA
  2. Treyson Potts (RB/DB) - Williamsport High School, Williamsport PA
  3. Nick Gallo (TE/DE) - Council Rock South High School, Holland PA
  4. Aaron Young (RB) - Coatesville Area Senior High School, Coatesville PA
  5. Jason Blissett Jr. (DL/OL) - Poly Prep Country Day School, Brooklyn New York
  6. Lewis Cine (DB) - Trinity Christian School, Cedar Hill Texas
  7. Asim Richards (DE/TE) - The Haverford School, Haverford PA
  8. Prince-Elijah Degroat (DB) - Curtis High School, Staten Island New York
  9. Cornelius Johnson (WR) - Brunswick School, Greenwich CT
  10. Elijah Wroten (DL/OL) - Germantown Academy Fort Washington,PA
  11. Chayce Chalmers (DB/WR) - Stonewall Jackson High School, Manassas Virginia
  12. Spencer Lytle (LB/TE/HB) - Servite High School in Anaheim CA
  13. Mohamoud Diabate (DE) - Auburn High School, Auburn Alabama
  14. Grayson Murphy(LB) - Bishop Lynch High School, Dallas Texas
  15. Gabriel Murphy (LB) - Bishop Lynch High School, Dallas Texas
  16. Nazir Burnett (WR/DB) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg, PA
  17. David Ojabo (DE) - Blair Academy, Blairstown New Jersey
  18. Xavier Truss (OL) - Bishop Hendricken High School, Warwick Rhode Island
  19. Bryce Nelms (DL) - West Orange High School, West Orange New Jersey
  20. Jake Hornibrook (DL/OL) - Malvern Prep, Malvern PA
  21. Jaquan Allen (DB/WR) - East Hartford High School, East Hartford CT
  22. Jared Harrison-Hunte (DL/TE) - Christ the King High School, Middle Village NY.
  23. Brian Ugwa (RB/LB) - Hillside High School, Hillside New Jersey
  24. Mohamed Toure (LB) - Pleasantville High School, Pleasantvile New Jersey
  25. Tykee Smith (DB) Imhotep Institute Charter School in Philadelphia PA
  26. Aric Horne (LB) - Raines High School, Jacksonville Florida
  27. Walter Rouse (DL/OL) - Sidwell Friends School, Washington DC
  28. Kenny Logan (Athlete) - Pedro Menendez High School, St Augustine Florida
  29. Yusuf Terry (WR) - Imhotep Charter High School, Philadelphia PA
  30. Nolan Matthews (TE/WR) - Reedy High School, Frisco Texas
  31. Kyi Wright (LB) - Farrell High School, Farrell, PA
  32. Rashee Rice (WR) - Richland High School, North Richland Hills Texas.
  33. Bam Brima (DE/OT/TE) - Loyalsock Township High School, Williamsport PA
  34. Kris Mitchell (WR) - Mandarin High School, Jacksonville, Florida
  35. Jayce Medlock (WR/TE) - Desoto High School in Desoto Texas
  36. Jeremiah Jean-Baptiste (LB) - South Dade High School, Homestead Florida
  37. CJ Hanson (OL/DL) - St. John Vianney High School, Holmdel New Jersey
  38. Jerrod Means (WR/Athlete) - Lovejoy High School in Hampton, Georgia
  39. Lewis Kennedy (WR) - Melissa High School, Melissa Texas
  40. Trent Holler (OL/DL) - Greater Latrobe High School, Latrobe, PA
  41. Zay Flowers (WR/CB - University School, Ft. Lauderdale Florida
  42. Chase Lundt (TE/OL) - Martin High School, Arlington Texas
  43. Jeremiah Fails (Athlete/SB/DB) - Ocoee High School, Ocoee Florida
  44. Sam Snyder (TE) - Fleming Island High School, Orange Park Florida
  45. William Pritchard (OL) - Manchester High School, Midlothian Virginia
  46. Raykwon Anderson (DB/Athlete) - Charlton County High School, Folkston Georgia
  47. Isaiah Bagnah (DE/TE) - Lethbridge Collegiate Institute, Lethbridge Alberta Canada
  48. Zachary Franks (OL) - Gilman School, Baltimore Maryland.
  49. Osita Smith (WR) - Wilde Lake High School, Columbia Maryland
  50. Crishawn Long (LB) - Padua Franciscan High School, Cleveland Ohio.
  51. Valentin Senn (OL/DL) - Innsbruck Austria
  52. Trayvon Moss (WR/LB) - Victory Christian School, Tulsa Oklahoma
  53. Jackson Mitchell (WR/DB) - Ridgefield High School, Ridgefield CT
  54. Winston Jules (WR/DB) - Salisbury School, Salisbury CT.
  55. Dillon Harris (LB)- Cheshire Academy via Bloomfield CT (UConn Commit 4/5/17>> Lackawanna JUCO 2017/2018>>Confirmed UConn Commit 3/11/18)
  56. Darrin(DJ) Smith (RB) - Lone Star High School, Frisco Texas (UConn Commit 5/10/18)
  57. Bryce Sebastian (RB/DB/Athlete) - Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing> BC Commit 2/3/18)
  58. Hayden Rucci (TE/LB/DE) - Warwick High School, Lititz PA (Wisconsin Commit 2/5/18)
  59. Mike Sainristil (DB) - Everett High School, Everett MA (VaTech Commit 2/9/18)
  60. Jeremiah Peyton (WR) - Duncan High School, Neptune Florida (University of Miami Commit 2/20/18)
  61. Malachi Burby (DE) from Berlin CT attending Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Wake Forest Commit 3/27/18)
  62. Paul Tyson (QB) - Hewitt-Trussville High School, Trussville Alabama (Alabama Commit 4/5/18)
  63. Antonio Clary (DB/QB) - Sandlewood High School, Jacksonville Florida (UVA Commit 4/10/18)
  64. Nyquee Hawkins (WR/CB) - Orange High School, Orange New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer - VaTech Commit 4/13/18)
  65. Taisun Phommachanh (QB) - Avon Old Farms School, Avon CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing - Clemson Commit 4/14/18)
  66. John Olmstead (OL/DL) - St. Joseph High School, Metuchen New Jersey (Notre Dame Commit 4/20/18)
  67. Andre' White Jr (LB) - Harrisburg High School, Harrisburg PA (Texas A&M Commit 4/27/18)
  68. Keith Maguire (WR/LB) - Malvern Prep, Malvern PA (Clemson Commit 4/27/18)
  69. Jayden Jernigan (DL) - Allen High School, Allen Texas (Oklahoma State Commit 5/14/18)
  70. Marquis Wilson (DB/WR) from Windsor CT attending Avon Old Farms, Avon CT (Penn State commit 5/20/18)
  71. Tyler Rudolph (DB/WR) - from Waterbury attending St Thomas More School, Oakdale CT (Penn State Commit 5/21/18)
  72. Nick Samac (OL/DL) - Mentor High School, Mentor, Ohio (Michigan State Commit 5/27/18)
  73. Blerim Rustemi (OL) - DePaul Catholic High School, Wayne New Jersey (BC Commit 6/5/18)
  74. Jacob Clark (QB) - Rockwall High School, Rockwall Texas (Minnesota Commit 6/6/18)
  75. Aaron Beasley (RB/DB) - Bowdon High School, Bowdon Georgia (Tennessee Commit 6/10/18)
  76. Paul Piferi (QB) - Villa Park High School, Villa Park California (Purdue Commit 6/11/18)
  77. Josh Henderson (RB) - The Hun School, Princeton New Jersey (North Carolina Commit 6/14/18)

That's a lot of red compared to the Blue. How many total offers did we have last year before it was all said and done? Above 120 right?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's a lot of red compared to the Blue. How many total offers did we have last year before it was all said and done? Above 120 right?

We had more slots to fill last year

Reaction Score
We had more slots to fill last year

Just trying to gauge the red vs. blue/black compared to last year. I am in full analyis mode at the moment thanks to my current tasks at work...looking for connections that probably don't exist. Lol.

Reaction Score
I always forget about SMU being in Texas. In my mind I think of it on the Tex-Mex border...
Almost nothing along the overwhelming majority of the Texas-Mexico border bears any resemblance with SMU's campus and the similarly affluent town of Highland Park. Well, perhaps some SMU student's family oil holdings financing his/her Beemer, Benz, etc.

Reaction Score
Remember when HCRE 1.0 announced he would not recruit in TX?
Unfortunate consideration: When "... HCRE 1.0 announced he would not recruit in TX", remember the primarily Atlantic coast (northeast, mid-Atlantic to FL) location of most of UConn's conference opponents? :(
In contrast now, maybe there's some focus on good recruits and parents in Texas open to a very well respected university in CT ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom