2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 88 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
UConn was on him so early and yet this happens all the time. It sucks not liking
Uconn finds guys then people follow and other teams get them. Look at Cincy taking guys we go after.

Reaction Score
Uconn finds guys then people follow and other teams get them. Look at Cincy taking guys we go after.

lol

Yup ... awful finding kids thru hard grinding work to lose a freak talent to Penn State. When we start watching a kid after he verbals to Buffalo or UNH or Navy or Liberty ... and he becomes enamored with us, we find BY denizens thinking: o we grabbed another kid without P5. OR ... we beat FCS!

See. One vicious cycle. You have to be good at closing.

Reaction Score
I really hope we get Beaudry, I see a lot of Casey Cochran in him. All pass no run, he can see the whole field, go through a progression and get the ball out quick to the open receiver. The receivers will love him and Krajewski can learn from him. He could be an impact player for us. Not a big arm so the offense needs to be quick timing routes, but that worked great with Cochran. Fingers crossed here, this guy carried his team to the D2 championship game as a Freshman.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
lol

Yup ... awful finding kids thru hard grinding work to lose a freak talent to Penn State. When we start watching a kid after he verbals to Buffalo or UNH or Navy or Liberty ... and he becomes enamored with us, we find BY denizens thinking: o we grabbed another kid without P5. OR ... we beat FCS!

See. One vicious cycle. You have to be good at closing.
Which is why we might need to take advantage of the "free agent" transfers eligible immediately route. It can help us level the playing field.

Reaction Score
I really hope we get Beaudry, I see a lot of Casey Cochran in him. All pass no run, he can see the whole field, go through a progression and get the ball out quick to the open receiver. The receivers will love him and Krajewski can learn from him. He could be an impact player for us. Not a big arm so the offense needs to be quick timing routes, but that worked great with Cochran. Fingers crossed here, this guy carried his team to the D2 championship game as a Freshman.

The Cochran comparison may be true about accuracy and seeing the field, but I don't remember Cochran being as immobile as Beaudry. If the O-line plays as it did for Pindell I would venture Beaudry would be looking at a lot of 3 and 23's.

Reaction Score
The Cochran comparison may be true about accuracy and seeing the field, but I don't remember Cochran being as immobile as Beaudry. If the O-line plays as it did for Pindell I would venture Beaudry would be looking at a lot of 3 and 23's.

Cochran had no mobility, maybe you are thinking of Whitmer.

The offensive line would love playing for Beaudry because the ball is out so quick, his whole game is the quick slant and screens. Pindell took forever to get the ball out, its night and day between the two. Beaudry can "throw guys open" the way Cochran did.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I’m not sold yet on this guy being an impact player. He’s coming from a program that started in 2015 with just practices and intra squad scrimmage games. He missed the entire 2016 and 2017 season due to injury. Basically, he has one year experience playing for a start up D2 program. I don’t think that will carry over to the speed of the game in D1. We also have a strong schedule playing Indiana, Illinois and Navy.

Reaction Score
I’m not sold yet on this guy being an impact player. He’s coming from a program that started in 2015 with just practices and intra squad scrimmage games. He missed the entire 2016 and 2017 season due to injury. Basically, he has one year experience playing for a start up D2 program. I don’t think that will carry over to the speed of the game in D1. We also have a strong schedule playing Indiana, Illinois and Navy.
He did have success at s higher level than HS. No one on the roster currently has.

Reaction Score
Dunn dove in and invested in young Mr Beaudry

Whether Krajewski or Washington or Beaudry or Zergiotis ... this UConn Program needs to string one solid key QB after another; which - despite some siccesss between 2004-2010 - we haven’t. It’s Mr Dunn in the Spotlight as well. Good offense & multiple styles ... I’m a believer in all 4. Until we show we suck. We have certainly stunk at QB. Time to follow a solid David Pindell with the next solid UConn QB.

Reaction Score

Your info is inaccurate. He redshirted as a true freshman (2015) due to spring practice injury and then missed 2016 and 2018 due to injury. In 2017 he led the team to the Division 2 National Championship game.

2017 (R-Fr.): Led the Argos to the NCAA Division 2 National Championship game, going 10-4 as a starter (missed the Mississippi College game in concussion protocol) ... Established school records for passing yards (3,215), passing TD (29) and wins as a starter (10) ... Completed 55.1 pct. (266-of-483) of his passes for 229.6 yards per game ... Completed at least 53 pct. of his passes in eight-consecutive games from game 7-14 ... Had at least 20 completions six times ... Threw for a career-high 354 yards at home against Delta State (10/14) for his first-ever 300-yard game ... A week later, he set the UWF single-game completion pct. mark at Shorter (10/21) with 75.8 pct. on 25-of-33 for 322 yards and a career-high 4 TDs ... Completed 65.2 pct. (15-of-23) of his throws in the national semifinal win at Indiana-Pa. (12/9).

Reaction Score
Your info is inaccurate. He redshirted as a true freshman (2015) due to spring practice injury and then missed 2016 and 2018 due to injury. In 2017 he led the team to the Division 2 National Championship game.

2017 (R-Fr.): Led the Argos to the NCAA Division 2 National Championship game, going 10-4 as a starter (missed the Mississippi College game in concussion protocol) ... Established school records for passing yards (3,215), passing TD (29) and wins as a starter (10) ... Completed 55.1 pct. (266-of-483) of his passes for 229.6 yards per game ... Completed at least 53 pct. of his passes in eight-consecutive games from game 7-14 ... Had at least 20 completions six times ... Threw for a career-high 354 yards at home against Delta State (10/14) for his first-ever 300-yard game ... A week later, he set the UWF single-game completion pct. mark at Shorter (10/21) with 75.8 pct. on 25-of-33 for 322 yards and a career-high 4 TDs ... Completed 65.2 pct. (15-of-23) of his throws in the national semifinal win at Indiana-Pa. (12/9).
That was a typo, thanks for the correction. He did have some success with WFU but it still amounts to only one season in the last three years. We could definitely use him going into fall practice. Keep your fingers crossed.

Reaction Score

Oh Please. Who needs accurate facts. This is the Boneyard, so inaccurate facts are the standard.

Reaction Score
Busic flipped from Villanova (and deleted that commitment tweet from Thursday) to Navy today:

Reaction Score
2 Canadians in one day....what’s the total Canadian count now? Are we officially Canada’s college team yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom