2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 53 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
So Edsall said he was making a stop in Baltimore this week. Wonder if it was to check in on Malik Jackson. 6'4'' 235lb DE/TE with large arms and big hands at Fort Meade School. Looks like he can be molded into a complete TE that can block and catch. Edsall has had good success in Maryland. Corey, A. Smith and M. Robinson are following on twitter.

Malik Jackson on Hudl

Malik Jackson is a 6-4 235lb TE/DE from Meade High School in Ft. Meade Maryland. Other offers from Morgan State and Seton Hill University.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kwarteng and Singleton have decent tapes. Kwarteng does a nice job catching with his hands and has a good catching radius. Singleton looks a little faster and doesn’t look bad as a corner too. Both are at least 6’2’’. We really need to pull in a tallish receiver for the outside as part of this class.

Bet these guys start getting offers after the college season is over.

Reaction Score
Adam ElGammal 2019 Offensive Lineman from Chris the King in NY is on the right in top left pic.

ElGammal just committed to Cincy after an official visit there this weekend. (No known UConn offer)

Reaction Score

Xavier Gonsalves is a 6-3 240lb LB/DE from Mashpee High School in Mashpee MA (up on the Cape). Back campus for at least his third visit.

Committed to UMass this afternoon. (No known UConn offer)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don’t think either player fit our objectives - so I’m not too worried here.

Reaction Score
2018 American Football Teleconference Week 12

Besides the normal coach speak: Chris Vannini (who cover the G5/CFB for The Athletic) asks Randy his thoughts about recruiting in G5 and early signing period @ the 3:18 mark.

Reaction Score
Nice Q&A here on 247 with Jimmy Fritzsche, the 6'7'' OT/TE from Greenville SC. Really good upside in this one, might be one of the better OTs Edsall 2.0 has pursued.

He also said his "top schools for me right now are Nebraska, UConn, Villanova, and Syracuse in that order."
And regarding UConn: "UConn’s offer also excited me and I’ve been very fond of the coaches I’ve talked to. "

Jimmy says he has three visits lined up in January, but didn't specify the who and whens and also said its subject to change. His preference is to commit in late Jan, but would commit in December if he had too.

Q&A With 2019, TE/OL, Jimmy Fritzsche

Reaction Score
My thoughts ...

We know we have HUGE needs. Particularly Linebacker. Both lines. WR.

HCRE has lots of capacity; but isn’t surfacing in any of the ways he historically moved. Mercenary. He is targeting Existing FBS or FCS grad & prep/juco. Unlike Diaco or PP, I think Edsall is a superior evaluator of talent. Something isn’t clear in this year’s recruiting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Rashul Faison's 8 game tape. Over 1890 yards and 31 TDs. Post grad year at Salisbury. Like I said before, this looks like the kind of scrappy kid that ends up on a Temple roster. PA kid.

Reaction Score
Rashul Faison's 8 game tape. Over 1890 yards and 31 TDs. Post grad year at Salisbury. Like I said before, this looks like the kind of scrappy kid that ends up on a Temple roster. PA kid.

Was that a lot of impressive cutting and quick stops and starts, or did the other teams all attend the UConn clinic on tackling?

Reaction Score
Anybody know if we've offered 6'8 265 OL Rayonte Brown out of Dundalk MD?

Reaction Score
Anybody know if we've offered 6'8 265 OL Rayonte Brown out of Dundalk MD?

Other then a bunch of mutual interest, I have not seen a public offer (yet)

This kinda goes to @Pudge point above. To the extent they can, I think they've gone underground a bit as Early Signing Day approaches based on social media activity I've been following (it doesn't always pan out but there are some breadcrumbs out there).

Reaction Score
BTW, FWIW, Mike Z seems to be following some pretty good sized under the radar types that, if we're lucky enough to get, can come in help provide that physical maturity we desperately need(ed). Would definitely provide a boost for us up front on both sides of the ball...

Reaction Score
The folks who brought Zavier Scott to UConn's attention:

Brandon Collier‏ @BCollier56 Nov 12
I will be in the USA tomorrow with some big time 2019 and 2020 prospects from Europe! All of these guys have Big Time talent, if you want to see these kids please send me a P.M. We will be on the East Coast and the MidWest! Let's Go!!! @PPIRecruits

They had the other kid we were heavily in on who's starting at OT for Cincinnati as a true frosh.

Reaction Score
James Aktins graduates this year - leaving us with just Ryan Fines and Kevin Murphy for upperclassman that get regular snaps (guess you could include Garson too) on the Dline. Therefore, sure seems like we could use some mature bodies to help our our youngsters. Niadre Zouzoua is DE JUCO at Monroe CC (Rochester NY) measuring in at 6'5'' and 241lbs with a 7'1'' wing span that already has offers from Nebraska, Tennessee, Rutgers, Baylor and Temple. It looks like he plays with some speed as well, perhaps sub 4.7.

Mike Z and David Harris just started following him very recently....but we are already way behind recruiting this kid should we decide too.

Niadre Zouzoua is 6-5 235lbs DE/OLB from Brockton MA attending Monroe CC in Rochester, NY. Other offers from Baylor, Nebraska, Temple, Tennessee and Rutgers.

Recent Highlights

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom