2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
We offered 3-4 kids from greater Houston area last year with no results. They recruit there but I think this staff has stronger ties/relationships to the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex (were we also have a conference affiliation ;)).
^^^ This plus there are few, if any, direct flights from Houston to BDL unlike DFW which has several to/from BDL each day. Plus from DFW, you've got both Tulsa and Houston each just a comfortable (by TX standards) 4 hr drive away, along with SMU right here in town. So for players and family members you're going to get one or more games each year close to home and you can take one or more fairly easy road trips to CT each year as well. Not to mention the option of cheap, direct flights to/from FL.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW - Osita Smith - intriguing Maryland WR/S prospect and Isaiah Bagnah - Canadian DE now in FL have our offers pinned on twitter. That is always a good sign, especially when it’s been that way for weeks.

Reaction Score
FWIW - Osita Smith - intriguing Maryland WR/S prospect and Isaiah Bagnah - Canadian DE now in FL have our offers pinned on twitter. That is always a good sign, especially when it’s been that way for weeks.
Kid Smith looks really explosive. Not really shifty but good long speed. Could be a nice big bodied outside receiver that can stretch the field.
Hopefully our Haynes can help reel this kid in. Maybe he’s already working on it.
Would be a great get for us.
Nice offer sheet too.

Reaction Score
Almost nothing along the overwhelming majority of the Texas-Mexico border bears any resemblance with SMU's campus and the similarly affluent town of Highland Park. Well, perhaps some SMU student's family oil holdings financing his/her Beemer, Benz, etc.

Oh I get that....I just naturally think southern meaning southern part of whatever state the school is in. Brain fart moment.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy with a daily quote that might have meaning to both the team and some pending commits.

Reaction Score
Randy with a daily quote that might have meaning to both the team and some pending commits.

Wonder if that has to do with the Dillon Harris offer tweet?
Never knew why commits do that? If you’re 100 percent committed as you claim then why the need to tweet out other offers? Ego?
It’s stupid in my opinion.
I mean you can still get offers and that’s great. I understand the need to keep options open because things can change with your current team (coaches leaving, etc) but do you need to throw it in their faces via Twitter?

Reaction Score

Well, Dillon Harris retweeted Coach's tweet so I don't think so...

... and yes, it's all about ego and peer pressure. When stable mates and team mates post their collection of offers its bound to happen in this day of "look @ me" social media.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Never knew why commits do that? If you’re 100 percent committed as you claim then why the need to tweet out other offers? Ego?
I mean you can still get offers and that’s great. I understand the need to keep options open because things can change with your current team (coaches leaving, etc) but do you need to throw it in their faces via Twitter?

I mean, we know you want him out of the picture so your East Hartford guy can get more playing time, but you can’t will something like that into existence.

Reaction Score
I mean, we know you want him out of the picture so your East Hartford guy can get more playing time, but you can’t will something like that into existence.
You, my friend, are insane! Dillon Harris is a stud that I wish didn’t have to go to Lack. I wish we had him this year. He has the attitude and aggressiveness that you need for that position.
Point is if a team sticks by you through you having to go to Juco because of grades, etc then don’t throw other offers in their face. Accept the offers quietly and proceed afoot.
Go play in traffic

Reaction Score
Well, Dillon Harris retweeted Coach's tweet so I don't think so...

... and yes, it's all about ego and peer pressure. When stable mates and team mates post their collection of offers its bound to happen in this day of "look @ me" social media.
Yeah. I guess.
I’m just old school man.

Reaction Score
Is that really throwing it in their faces though? The kids these days announce their offers almost as validation of their talents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom