2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wow. Kinda sucks we cant even crack the top 10. Seeing Pitt and Cuse on there hurts
Shrug....whatever. But I dont want to see all this "representing the 860/203/CT crap" anymore if kids are taking their game far away. After day three at school X 8 hours away no one will give a rats ass about that. Especially if Randy manages to put some competence on the field next fall.

Lets agree to ignore those that ignore us....but that is not always easy.

Reaction Score
Shrug....whatever. But I dont want to see all this "representing the 860/203/CT crap" anymore if kids are taking their game far away. After day three at school X 8 hours away no one will give a rats ass about that. Especially if Randy manages to put some competence on the field next fall.

Lets agree to ignore those that ignore us....but that is not always easy.
Gotta give them a reason to come.

Let's win some games, put some kids in the NFL again, and look competent in all 3 phases of the game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gotta give them a reason to come.

Let's win some games, put some kids in the NFL again, and look competent in all 3 phases of the game.

Dont disagree - hence my comment - if Randy makes a competent team this fall. We can't keep everybody, we dont want everybody either. It would be nice however if a few of the big time in state prospects gave Randy a chance this fall and waited to see what his team looks like in year 2. I know, probably asking too much for some of these guys.

As for at tooting the CT horn, in my book the kid that can toot the CT horn are the kids from Texas, Mass, Maryland, New Jersey and other parts that come here to contribute and sacrifice for CT. Those are the real CT dudes.

Reaction Score

Alex Cherry #7
A91F257C-7F63-4276-8C78-4FB78BBA3EE0.jpeg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Wow - this sure sounds like a Randy type guy:

"Relationships are everything. I don’t really want to come to a school just because it is a big school. Even if you have a dream school, you need to find a school where you have a good relationship with the players and the coaches. You have to be comfortable and education is a big part. My parents stress education. My dad is a biochemist and my mom is a doctor so education runs very high in the family. I want to go to school where I have a backup in case football after college does not work out for me because there is always life after football. People do not always play in the NFL for that long.”

I hope he gives us a long look and waits on his decision until December. Randy could make this guy an NFL player at safety.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

"Relationships are everything. I don’t really want to come to a school just because it is a big school. Even if you have a dream school, you need to find a school where you have a good relationship with the players and the coaches. You have to be comfortable and education is a big part. My parents stress education. My dad is a biochemist and my mom is a doctor so education runs very high in the family. I want to go to school where I have a backup in case football after college does not work out for me because there is always life after football. People do not always play in the NFL for that long.”

I hope he gives us a long look and waits on his decision until December. Randy could make this guy an NFL player at safety.

Also like the versatility...sounds like an ideal husky position guy

Reaction Score

Can't believe UConn hasn't offered him. When they do, they'd better repeat Obi, Obi, Obi and show him where Melifonwu was rated out of high school and how he developed and where he was drafted out of UConn. He sounds like Okafor's little brother when you consider his parents' occupations and their emphasis on education so we should be even more able to sign him based on our history.

Reaction Score
So Darrin Smith is coming to town in 7 days...first official visit. Are we thinking we have a good chance at landing this kid?

3 star (84.27) rated recruit on 247 sports
3 star rated recruit on rivals

Holds offers from Colorado, Nebraska, SMU, TCU and Ole Miss to name a few. Scheduled a visit to Ole Miss on the 27th but TCU is currently the favorite.

Reaction Score
According to the two 247 TCU writers...

... just getting him up to visit so that Richardson can work him over is a partial win. Room him w/ Hopkins and see what happens.

Good point.

I like the kid from tape I've watched and "taking" him out of Big 12 country should be viewed as a victory.

Reaction Score
2019 UConn Offer List (click on UConn Commit's name for highlight video):
  1. Jayln Philips (DB) - Archer High School, Lawrenceville GA
  2. Aaron Beasley (RB/DB) - Bowdon High School, Bowdon Georgia
  3. John Olmstead (OL/DL) - St. Joseph High School, Metuchen New Jersey
  4. Treyson Potts (RB/DB) - Williamsport High School, Williamsport PA
  5. Nick Gallo (TE/DE) - Council Rock South High School, Holland PA
  6. Aaron Young (RB) - Coatesville Area Senior High School, Coatesville PA
  7. Jason Blissett Jr. (DL/OL) - Poly Prep Country Day School, Brooklyn New York
  8. Lewis Cine (DB) - Trinity Christian School, Cedar Hill Texas
  9. Asim Richards (DE/TE) - The Haverford School, Haverford PA
  10. Prince-Elijah Degroat (DB) - Curtis High School, Staten Island New York
  11. Tyler Rudolph (DB/WR) - from Waterbury attending St Thomas More School, Oakdale CT
  12. Marquis Wilson (DB/WR) from Windsor CT attending Avon Old Farms, Avon CT
  13. Cornelius Johnson (WR) - Brunswick School, Greenwich CT
  14. Elijah Wroten (DL/OL) - Germantown Academy Fort Washington,PA
  15. Chayce Chalmers (DB/WR) - Stonewall Jackson High School, Manassas Virginia
  16. Spencer Lytle (LB/TE/HB) - Servite High School in Anaheim CA
  17. Andre' White Jr (LB) - Harrisburg High School, Harrisburg PA
  18. Mohamoud Diabate (DE) - Auburn High School, Auburn Alabama
  19. Grayson Murphy(LB) - Bishop Lynch High School, Dallas Texas
  20. Gabriel Murphy (LB) - Bishop Lynch High School, Dallas Texas
  21. Keith Maguire (WR/LB) - Malvern Prep, Malvern PA
  22. Nazir Burnett (WR/DB) - Bishop McDevitt High School, Harrisburg, PA
  23. David Ojabo (DE) - Blair Academy, Blairstown New Jersey
  24. Xavier Truss (OL) - Bishop Hendricken High School, Warwick Rhode Island
  25. Bryce Nelms (DL) - West Orange High School, West Orange New Jersey
  26. Darrin(DJ) Smith (RB) - Lone Star High School, Frisco Texas
  27. Jake Hornibrook (DL/OL) - Malvern Prep, Malvern PA
  28. Jayden Jernigan (DL) - Allen High School, Allen Texas
  29. Josh Henderson (RB) - The Hun School, Princeton New Jersey
  30. Jaquan Allen (DB/WR) - East Hartford High School, East Hartford CT
  31. Jared Harrison-Hunte (DL/TE) - Christ the King High School, Middle Village NY.
  32. Brian Ugwa (RB/LB) - Hillside High School, Hillside New Jersey
  33. Mohamed Toure (LB) - Pleasantville High School, Pleasantvile New Jersey
  34. Tykee Smith (DB) Imhotep Institute Charter School in Philadelphia PA
  35. Aric Horne (LB) - Raines High School, Jacksonville Florida
  36. Walter Rouse (DL/OL) - Sidwell Friends School, Washington DC
  37. Kenny Logan (Athlete) - Pedro Menendez High School, St Augustine Florida
  38. Dillon Harris (LB)- Cheshire Academy via Bloomfield CT (UConn Commit 4/5/17>> Lackawanna JUCO 2017/2018>>Confirmed UConn Commit 3/11/18)
  39. Bryce Sebastian (RB/DB/Athlete) - Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing> BC Commit 2/3/18)
  40. Hayden Rucci (TE/LB/DE) - Warwick High School, Lititz PA (Wisconsin Commit 2/5/18)
  41. Mike Sainristil (DB) - Everett High School, Everett MA (VaTech Commit 2/9/18)
  42. Jeremiah Peyton (WR) - Duncan High School, Neptune Florida (University of Miami Commit 2/20/18)
  43. Malachi Burby (DE) from Berlin CT attending Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Wake Forest Commit 3/27/18)
  44. Paul Tyson (QB) - Hewitt-Trussville High School, Trussville Alabama (Alabama Commit 4/5/18)
  45. Antonio Clary (DB/QB) - Sandlewood High School, Jacksonville Florida (UVA Commit 4/10/18)
  46. Nyquee Hawkins (WR/CB) - Orange High School, Orange New Jersey (Diaco Staff Offer - VaTech Commit 4/13/18)
  47. Taisun Phommachanh (QB) - Avon Old Farms School, Avon CT (Initial Diaco Staff Offer/UConn still pursuing - Clemson Commit 4/14/18)

Reaction Score
6-2 230lb LB Kervens Bonhomme from Ottawa Ontario Canada in attendance @ Blue/White Game. Built like the proverbial brick wall.

Reaction Score

Mateo Vandamia is a 6-2 225lb WR/TE/DE from West Allegheny High School in PA

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Devaun Ford - WR/RB/CB - from Mashpee Mass

I like the fact this kid is sporting the UConn gear during the visit. Surely a positive sign.

I also feel like we have decent odds with Mass kids who are sometimes overlooked and perhaps not looking to get too far from home.

Reaction Score
Devaun Ford - WR/RB/CB - from Mashpee Mass.

I like the fact this kid is sporting the UConn gear during the visit. Surely a positive sign.

I also feel like we have decent odds with Mass kids who are sometimes overlooked and perhaps not looking to get too far from home.

Ford is a repeat visitor (here back in February):

Reaction Score
6-2 210lb All State WR/DB Jackson Mitchell from Ridgefield back on campus (was on campus for Junior Days):

Back again (at least third time) - Imagine we’ll see him @ a Camp in June.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That hurts! I don’t know if people realize how important getting him could have been for the program. Damn!!!!!!
For this kid I feel like there is a lot of time and things that could happen between now and signing day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom