2019 Recruiting: Quinones Update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Quinones Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Their interchangability on the wing could be really successful.

I see quinones as the 2 on offense, but 2 on defense because of his lesser footspeed.

You mean a THREE on defense?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
James Bouknight scores 33 points in his full return from injury at the Hoop Group Summer Jam Fest

“He has visited UConn, VCU, Temple and UMass thus far. Some of these schools have been very active with him.

“UConn, Virginia Tech has been talking to me a lot, Virginia Commonwealth. I can’t really go through them all in my head, it’s a lot,” he said.

UConn Head Coach Dan Hurley was in attendance during his 33 point performance. Bouknight believes in his ability to develop players.

“The new coach Coach Hurley, I love his player development and I think I can help them win,” he said. “He’s going to help me get to the next level.”

Sounds promising.

EDIT: I’m an idiot and posted this in the wrong thread. Feel free to move or whatever you need to do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
James Bouknight scores 33 points in his full return from injury at the Hoop Group Summer Jam Fest

“He has visited UConn, VCU, Temple and UMass thus far. Some of these schools have been very active with him.

“UConn, Virginia Tech has been talking to me a lot, Virginia Commonwealth. I can’t really go through them all in my head, it’s a lot,” he said.

UConn Head Coach Dan Hurley was in attendance during his 33 point performance. Bouknight believes in his ability to develop players.

“The new coach Coach Hurley, I love his player development and I think I can help them win,” he said. “He’s going to help me get to the next level.”

Sounds promising.

EDIT: I’m an idiot and posted this in the wrong thread. Feel free to move or whatever you need to do.

You posted in the wrong thread and then suggest we should feel free to move? Maybe to New Mexico so we can report on Vance's development?

pj

Reaction Score
Wow, Quinones and Achiuwa really dominated some strong competition.

Reaction Score
Wow, Quinones and Achiuwa really dominated some strong competition.
I'm impressed they were able to hold a team with Antoine, Lewis, Igiehon, and Gaffney to 53 points and 4 points in the entire 4th

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I'm impressed they were able to hold a team with Antoine, Lewis, Igiehon, and Gaffney to 53 points and 4 points in the entire 4th

Igiehon with a pretty putrid stat line. 1-3, 6 fouls, 4 turnovers in 17 minutes.

pj

Reaction Score
Igiehon with a pretty putrid stat line. 1-3, 6 fouls, 4 turnovers in 17 minutes.

Yeah, and since Precious and Lester shot all of their team's free throws, we can be pretty confident it was Precious who got Igiehon to foul out.

Reaction Score
He’s more about his frame and athleticism than actual production at this point. He’s got a ton of potential, and even flashes some ball skill. Seems like a good kid too. The actual results vary, though. Louisville and St John’s seem to be the big 2 for him, and for his sake I hope he chooses to play for an actual coach rather than a HOF’er cashing a paycheck.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’s more about his frame and athleticism than actual production at this point. He’s got a ton of potential, and even flashes some ball skill. Seems like a good kid too. The actual results vary, though. Louisville and St John’s seem to be the big 2 for him, and for his sake I hope he chooses to play for an actual coach rather than a HOF’er cashing a paycheck.
If not Wiseman, who do you think UK targets for bigs in this class?

Reaction Score
If not Wiseman, who do you think UK targets for bigs in this class?
They’ve spent the most time watching Igiehon, so that’s my guess. But they’ve also watched Tshiebwe, who has put up the best numbers in AAU among centers. Then if we’re unlucky maybe Cockburn. Could also push for a reclass from a 2020 guy like Walker Kessler.

C

Chief00

I agree boxscores of AAU games are often not a good way to evaluate Bigs. It’s a guards and wings game.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
They’ve spent the most time watching Igiehon, so that’s my guess. But they’ve also watched Tshiebwe, who has put up the best numbers in AAU among centers. Then if we’re unlucky maybe Cockburn. Could also push for a reclass from a 2020 guy like Walker Kessler.

Pretty sure Calipari has been keeping Tshiebwe on the back burner for a while just in case. Anytime someone in Western PA pops, he’s normally on it due to his Moon roots. He’s been in a few times on Ethan Morton, top 50 2020 kid from my high school...prototype kids that he’ll keep warm until one of his 5-stars backs out, then he drops a UK offer on them and reels them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom