2019 Recruiting: Quinones Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Quinones Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am sure many casual fans feel as you do. It’s completely understandable that we all want instant gratification without doing the necessary grind. It’s human nature and we need the casual fans who feel this way to hang in there and trust Chief.
I suggest you enjoy your summer and let the coaching staff worry about this stuff. Chief will be cheering them on in spirit until the KO related clouds lift.

For the casual fans out there, I was actually joking, but it's great to have Chief's support no matter who we are.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I am sure many casual fans feel as you do. It’s completely understandable that we all want instant gratification without doing the necessary grind. It’s human nature and we need the casual fans who feel this way to hang in there and trust Chief.
I suggest you enjoy your summer and let the coaching staff worry about this stuff. Chief will be cheering them on in spirit until the KO related clouds lift.
Oh boy-can't wait
enjoy the summer

Reaction Score
I'm certainly a casual fan, but I have enough common sense and knowledge about recruiting to realize nobody is going to walk in to the mess KO left and overnight start reeling in top recruits. Consider the situation and then consider the players that seem genuinely interested in Uconn. Hurley is doing an unbelievable job in a short span of time. To have a guy like Precious, what is he #5 in the country?, seriously considering Uconn is unbelievable. Have patience folks. It's still July.

Reaction Score
He and Bouknight would be really good together on the wing.

Disagree man, its either Bouknight or Quinones. Bouknight is better for me. He is a way better athlete with a better handle and upside than Quinones. I don't want Vance Jackson 2.0. Of course if its a package deal to get Precious, it's a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
Disagree man, its either Bouknight or Quinones. Bouknight is better for me. He is a way better athlete with a better handle and upside than Quinones. I don't want Vance Jackson 2.0. Of course if its a package deal to get Precious, it's a no-brainer.
Bouknight is 6’5 with a plus wingspan and bounce. He could handle the 3 in college. If, for example, you miss on Delaire, why not try to land both Bouknight and Quinones?

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson had cinderblocks for feet. No quickness whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Both Bouknight & Quinones is actually my top desire. Either one of them with either Wong or Gaffney would be nearly as excellent, but I'm not getting the sense that Wong or Gaffney are coming our way. The only other primary ball handler we have been identified strongly with is Dawes, and I'm not a big fan from the clips I've seen that he would move the needle for the team relative to Quinones 3 pt shooting, or Bouknight's overall play at the 2-3 with size. Whether we get a pure point guard as 1 of our 5 current scholarships doesn't bother me as long as a couple of the players are good secondary ball handlers. (As an aside to other posts - I would take a Vance Jackson clone all day long - without the dad)

Reaction Score
Bouknight is 6’5 with a plus wingspan and bounce. He could handle the 3 in college. If, for example, you miss on Delaire, why not try to land both Bouknight and Quinones?

I figured hed be a college 3 all alongm his handle is too loose to play 2.

Anyone who thinks we couldnt take both quinones and bouknight is off. Modern basketball is all about scoring wings

Reaction Score
Both Bouknight & Quinones is actually my top desire. Either one of them with either Wong or Gaffney would be nearly as excellent, but I'm not getting the sense that Wong or Gaffney are coming our way. The only other primary ball handler we have been identified strongly with is Dawes, and I'm not a big fan from the clips I've seen that he would move the needle for the team relative to Quinones 3 pt shooting, or Bouknight's overall play at the 2-3 with size. Whether we get a pure point guard as 1 of our 5 current scholarships doesn't bother me as long as a couple of the players are good secondary ball handlers. (As an aside to other posts - I would take a Vance Jackson clone all day long - without the dad)
The dad wasn't wrong tho...

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
His dad is a snitch, and is likely going to meddle with his kid’s situation to the point where he ruins his chance of professional success.

But KO couldn’t coach so I guess that transferring was a fair call.

Reaction Score
W
His dad is a snitch, and is likely going to meddle with his kid’s situation to the point where he ruins his chance of professional success.

But KO couldn’t coach so I guess that transferring was a fair call.
what I find curious is he went to New Mexico. Perhaps other programs didn't want him because of his old man?

Reaction Score
W

what I find curious is he went to New Mexico. Perhaps other programs didn't want him because of his old man?
That definitely could have contributed. My understanding is the main reason was he wanted to be the main option somewhere.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
That definitely could have contributed. My understanding is the main reason was he wanted to be the main option somewhere.
They have Mr Jackson and Carlton Bragg now. Sounds like a sketchy nightmare to me

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unless Vance goes #1 in the NBA draft and becomes the next Jordan, yeah, he pretty much was.

Reaction Score

I dont Follow our situation close enough anymore to know if it’s one of the other. I know we lose 5 guys. But they can clearly play together. Bouknight at the 2 quinones at the 3. Bouknight the better athlete but still skilled. Quinones the shooter. Who may be a slight liability on defense but we need shooting badly.

If I had To pick one Bouknight.

Reaction Score
I dont Follow our situation close enough anymore to know if it’s one of the other. I know we lose 5 guys. But they can clearly play together. Bouknight at the 2 quinones at the 3. Bouknight the better athlete but still skilled. Quinones the shooter. Who may be a slight liability on defense but we need shooting badly.

If I had To pick one Bouknight.

Their interchangability on the wing could be really successful.

I see quinones as the 2 on offense, but 2 on defense because of his lesser footspeed.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Their interchangability on the wing could be really successful.

I see quinones as the 2 on offense, but 2 on defense because of his lesser footspeed.
Quinones position in college will be matchup dependent. In the American he can guard most 2s or 3s. He has leaned up recently, I dont think he's as much of a liability on defense as people are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom