2019 Recruiting: Quinones Update | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Quinones Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
fuller quote:

At the moment, Quinones said Georgetown, Illinois, UConn, Syracuse and St. John’s were coming at him the hardest, and he’d also started hearing from Michigan and Arizona as well.

“I’m looking at player development, so what school is going to help me get to the next level past college,” he said. “The people in my position who used to go there, see how they started and how they finished at that school, and the system, I like teams that play two ways, offense and defense, and schools that have an open system, 4-out, 1-in, that’s the type of school I want to be looking for.”

We should be a good fit, that's almost a description of Hurley's style. Syracuse and St John's are probably tougher competition than Illinois.

Reaction Score
fuller quote:

We should be a good fit, that's almost a description of Hurley's style. Syracuse and St John's are probably tougher competition than Illinois.

Doomed

Reaction Score
Lester Quinones breaks down his recruitment - Talks possibility of going to college with five-star teammate Precious Achiuwa
>>Quinones has developed a close relationship with five-star prospect Precious Achiuwa. He and Achiuwa have played AAU with the Under Armour program New Heights for quite some time. There are a lot of schools recruiting them together.

“UCLA, Kansas, St. John’s, Syracuse, UConn, Western Kentucky, UMass, Oregon, Arizona and a couple more,” he said. “Those schools have been talking about me and him teaming up together.”
<<

>>UConn head coach Dan Hurley has made Quinones a priority for their 2019 recruiting class. He and assistant coach Kimani Young have been very active.

“UConn is another school recruiting me hard,” he said. “They used to come to all of our practices at St. Benedict’s with me and Precious. Kimani and Coach Dan Hurley would go so they would talk to us about playing together. That’s another great school.”
<<

Reaction Score

Where in he talks about St Johns, The Good Guys, and Cuse recruiting he and Precious to play together. Given our [perceived] position with Precious, this is a positive signal.

Edit: hat tip to tcf for beating me to this...

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Lester Quinones breaks down his recruitment - Talks possibility of going to college with five-star teammate Precious Achiuwa
>>Quinones has developed a close relationship with five-star prospect Precious Achiuwa. He and Achiuwa have played AAU with the Under Armour program New Heights for quite some time. There are a lot of schools recruiting them together.

“UCLA, Kansas, St. John’s, Syracuse, UConn, Western Kentucky, UMass, Oregon, Arizona and a couple more,” he said. “Those schools have been talking about me and him teaming up together.”
<<

>>UConn head coach Dan Hurley has made Quinones a priority for their 2019 recruiting class. He and assistant coach Kimani Young have been very active.

“UConn is another school recruiting me hard,” he said. “They used to come to all of our practices at St. Benedict’s with me and Precious. Kimani and Coach Dan Hurley would go so they would talk to us about playing together. That’s another great school.”
<<

"Another great school...." my pessimistic side wants to say DANG IT....but I am trusting in Hurley...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
heart-palpitations.jpg

Reaction Score
From previous threads
'Nova will be deep in this one, but so will we ; )
Ok - Chief will go out on the limb and predict we get QUINONES.

Nova signed a SG around the time of that Zionn post, so perhaps that has taken them out of the running?

Feeling good about Q + Precious. Takes some sting out of the Delaire speculation.

Reaction Score
From previous threads

Nova signed a SG around the time of that Zionn post, so perhaps that has taken them out of the running?

Feeling good about Q + Precious. Takes some sting out of the Delaire speculation.

Q+Precious could very well convince Cockburn to swing in our favor.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Very good news. I like the fact that he refers to coach young by his first name. Also, Les looks noticeably leaner this summer, he lost of of that baby fat he had.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really liked this guy from day one. We need shooters/scorers and if we can land Precious, need some longer-term guys in the class without the Ben Gordon-level athleticism.

Let's get back to recruiting NYC for guards!!! #Taliek #BenGordon #Kemba #ToughMinded

Reaction Score
Really liked this guy from day one. We need shooters/scorers and if we can land Precious, need some longer-term guys in the class without the Ben Gordon-level athleticism.

Let's get back to recruiting NYC for guards!!! #Taliek #BenGordon #Kemba #ToughMinded

No truer thing has been said in the past three hours of my life. UConn is built on NY guards.

Reaction Score
I mean if he wants to play offense AND defense that takes Cuse out of the running unless your idea of defense is standing around in a small box with your arms up in the air

C

Chief00

From previous threads

Remember I posted the Chill picture a couple weeks ago. I can’t specifically comment on recruiting until the clouds clear - but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Chief recognizes the experienced posters picked up on that but I wanted to reiterate to the casual fans, who we desperately need! Don’t lose hope reading the Hartford Courant - they only have the ability to use the rear view mirror. To Chief the vision is starting to look pretty good looking forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Remember I posted the Chill picture a couple weeks ago. I can’t specifically comment on recruiting until the clouds clear - but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Chief recognizes the experienced posters picked up on that but I wanted to reiterate to the casual fans, who we desperately need! Don’t lose hope reading the Hartford Courant - they only have the ability to use the rear view mirror. To Chief the vision is starting to look pretty good looking forward.

Don't worry, any time a recruit commits in the future we'll know that's what you meant when you posted that picture a couple weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom