2019 Recruiting: Kareem Reid - Reclassing from 2020 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting: Kareem Reid - Reclassing from 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I have thought for a while that UConn would take another big man and another shooter before it is all said and done. He has potently at his size and just needs a weight room and work on his overall game. He would be a solid commitment and I hope he ends up at Storrs.

Reaction Score
I think he would be a good get. I don’t care if he’s not an immediate “impact” player.

If guys improve in the off season like they should we can be a good team. Gilbert will be an impact player. Carlton will be an impact player. Akok will be an impact player. I’m hoping Polley or Sid can improve enough to be consistently impactful. We need more talent obviously but we need our guys to improve. There is no excuse (besides being doomed by devastating unlucky injuries) for us to have a crappy season in the AAC again.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He’s a husky, that I would put money on. I think this also means we have multiple transfers, 2 or 3 open scholarships at the moment. Hes a likely redshirt. Kenya Hunter and Sal Alosi do work.

Reaction Score
Damn, I hope you pitched. Hitting with longer arms like that can be a disadvantage

Pitched a little and played first. Slow as molasses running. Looked like Randy Johnson when running.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Who cares?!? There’s interest! And smoke! And soon a blaze! Oh wait, we got away from that, right? Hmm, maybe another pizza place? Pepe strategy? Nah, could be construed sophomorically. Sally strategy? Eh, people get in a huff about gender roles, maybe in a few years. Modern strategy? Yes, I like that. Let’s have a Modern strategy to recruiting. There, it’s settled.

You should have left it at the first two sentences Mano. I laughed good at those.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s a husky, that I would put money on. I think this also means we have multiple transfers, 2 or 3 open scholarships at the moment. Hes a likely redshirt. Kenya Hunter and Sal Alosi do work.

What? I don't see him red-shirting. We need live bodies.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They're reaching out to guards/forwards, they need a center, and there's only one current scholarship.

Those are indeed the tea leaves as I read them. To believe otherwise one would have to assume that while we all know they need a center, it has escaped Dan Hurley's attention somehow. He's just looking at forwards and guards blissfully unaware of the lack of any depth at the 5.

The only caveat I'd say to that is that if Reid has somehow grown and is now in the neighborhood of 6'10" and we know that, and other people don't know that (which is possible), then he could very well be the backup 5.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What? I don't see him red-shirting. We need live bodies.

With the grad transfer rule, is red shirting even a worthwhile move in most instances (not including injury)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
With the grad transfer rule, is red shirting even a worthwhile move in most instances (not including injury)

No, but hopefully we wouldn't lose seniors who have graduated. If we wanted him to do that, he wouldn't reclass, and would pull an Akok and enroll and not play. We wouldn't burn a 2019 Scholarship on a red shirt ever.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
worked out okay for yetna and USF

Did it? You think he will play at USF as a Senior and not transfer to say, North Carolina or Auburn or something? Any school that isn't a strong winning program "name" school is at risk of losing any senior who has graduated.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Did it? You think he will play at USF as a Senior and not transfer to say, North Carolina or Auburn or something? Any school that isn't a strong winning program "name" school is at risk of losing any senior who has graduated.
I didn't think of it that way. I just meant that he had a good year after redshirting his first year on campus.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I didn't think of it that way. I just meant that he had a good year after redshirting his first year on campus.

Sure. He was good. But the point of the red-shirt is just around eligibility and getting that last season. UConn shouldn't be at risk of losing guys (hopefully), but USF certainly is.

Akok could potentially graduate early, but I think he and UConn expect he'll be in the NBA before then anyway.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

This is what I meant too when I posed the question

Reaction Score
People are unsure on him but to find a guy whose 6’8 and can dribble the ball well along with not move like he has 30 pound sand bags for shoes. I’ll take him 100% of the time. Hurley offered him at URI there is definitely something he sees in this kid. Let’s lock him up.

Reaction Score
What is true, is that we need power at the 4/5. If the coaches think Kareem Reid will develop and be that player, a solid piece for the frontcourt, then I hope he signs. Right now it looks like this is plan B in the current one schollie Precious sweepstakes, and I'm reassured that the staff appears so prepared. Waiting to see if Achiuwa schedules an OV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom