2019 NFL Draft thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 NFL Draft thread

Reaction Score
The Raiders were (surprisingly) more astute with their picks than history and Gruden’s past moves would have predicted. I don’t think any of them will flop.
My sense is that one of the other QB’s (Locke or Grier) will outshine Jones. Among the things the Giants liked (and Cutcliff confirmed) about Jones was that he lacked an “outward swagger”. As a fan, I’m not enamored with phlegmatic QB’s.

Reaction Score
The Raiders were (surprisingly) more astute with their picks than history and Gruden’s past moves would have predicted. I don’t think any of them will flop.
My sense is that one of the other QB’s (Locke or Grier) will outshine Jones. Among the things the Giants liked (and Cutcliff confirmed) about Jones was that he lacked an “outward swagger”. As a fan, I’m not enamored with phlegmatic QB’s.
Good news Giants fans. Jones is going to the HOF now.

Reaction Score
Not a pats fan, but I certainly respect their accomplishments. The intrigue for me with the Pats is which one of these second tier QBs do they take a flyer on.

Perhaps Rypien from Boise St? Jones from Duke?? Grier from WV or perhaps Finley from NC State.
Lol, Gettelman got taken by Belichek. Bill said he liked Jones so G-man snapped him up.

Reaction Score
Watching Chris Mortensen is really uncomfortable. Feel for the guy, but it’s really not fair to put him on TV. He’s in over his head and it’s really sad
He loves those big checks. You’d do it too for that much money.

Reaction Score
Just crazy thinking they could have really started a rebuild while also losing enough games to have a shot at solid qbs in next two year. Instead they embark on a “three year plan” with Jones as gettelman said.

They could have Lawrence and Tomlinson clogging up the middle, with Allen as an edge rusher. Instead they have Lawrence, no edge rusher so defense will be horrendous.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for you Giants fans, you deserve better.

Daniel Jones at six, still can’t believe it.

On the bright side, I think Lawrence was an excellent pick.
Lawrence would be an excellent pick if the NYG needed a nose guard. But they already have Dalvin Tomlinson who seems to be getting loved to DE. They needed an edge rusher to play the OLB spot in Boettcher’s 3-4...they had one for the taking in Allen. Nothing will change with the NYG until the Mara family sells their part of the team. They will continue to do things “the NYG way” and hire inept GM after inept GM.

Reaction Score
Not a great day for Ryan Griffin yesterday. Texans draft a TE in the 3rd round, which almost certainly means he'll be released, and then he gets arrested in Nashville for public intoxication and vandalism.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not a great day for Ryan Griffin yesterday. Texans draft a TE in the 3rd round, which almost certainly means he'll be released, and then he gets arrested in Nashville for public intoxication and vandalism.

If they wouldn’t cut him for the former, they definitely will for the latter. Not good enough to cause those kinds of issues

Reaction Score
Lawrence would be an excellent pick if the NYG needed a nose guard. But they already have Dalvin Tomlinson who seems to be getting loved to DE. They needed an edge rusher to play the OLB spot in Boettcher’s 3-4...they had one for the taking in Allen. Nothing will change with the NYG until the Mara family sells their part of the team. They will continue to do things “the NYG way” and hire inept GM after inept GM.

It was a great pick whether Tomlinson was there or not. The mistake was not taking Allen or Oliver. Mind boggling. Tomlinson playing next to Lawrence with Allen coming off the edge would have been a great start to the rebuild. Instead they foolishly take a qb.

Smart move would be to take Lawrence and Allen and the CB from Georgia to begin to rebuild the D. Lose a ton of games with Eli the Statue and take an actual franchise qb next season (the class will be head and shoulders above this one with Tua, Fromm, and hebert headlining). Even better would be to lose a bunch of games, continue roster rebuild while cutting the statue, lose almost every game, then take Trevor Lawrence number one in 2021.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It was a great pick whether Tomlinson was there or not. The mistake was not taking Allen or Oliver. Mind boggling. Tomlinson playing next to Lawrence with Allen coming off the edge would have been a great start to the rebuild. Instead they foolishly take a qb.

Smart move would be to take Lawrence and Allen and the CB from Georgia to begin to rebuild the D. Lose a ton of games with Eli the Statue and take an actual franchise qb next season (the class will be head and shoulders above this one with Tua, Fromm, and hebert headlining). Even better would be to lose a bunch of games, continue roster rebuild while cutting the statue, lose almost every game, then take Trevor Lawrence number one in 2021.

Not a Giants fan, but I agree with this. Kyler is the only guy who has a shot out of this class and the giants defense is brutal. Their first mistake was taking Saquon last year. Could have had Ward, Chubb, or Nelson, all of whom are great. Barkley is good but RBs have no value. Then they could have done that and then taken Allen or Oliver this year, with another offensive lineman or Haskins with their second pick. God they really screwed up that pick. Luckily, the Georgia CB is legit

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not a Giants fan, but I agree with this. Kyler is the only guy who has a shot out of this class and the giants defense is brutal. Their first mistake was taking Saquon last year. Could have had Ward, Chubb, or Nelson, all of whom are great. Barkley is good but RBs have no value. Then they could have done that and then taken Allen or Oliver this year, with another offensive lineman or Haskins with their second pick. God they really screwed up that pick. Luckily, the Georgia CB is legit

No, Barkley is a great running back. This team will run first and do a lot of play action off the run.
Defense was dealt with today with a linebacker and two cornerbacks along with the big inside tackle and the rush end.
The only missing so far was an offensive lineman and a tight end who blocks

Reaction Score
No, Barkley is a great running back. This team will run first and do a lot of play action off the run.
Defense was dealt with today with a linebacker and two cornerbacks along with the big inside tackle and the rush end.

The defense is a disaster. Why they went with a qb at 6 is mind boggling.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The defense is a disaster. Why they went with a qb at 6 is mind boggling.

They grabbed a ton of defense with two defensive lineman, a linebacker, and three cornerbacks.
They grabbed a wide out, a quarterback and a tackle.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

What’s the correlation between teams being driven by a star running back and winning Super Bowls? And what’s the difference between Barkley and the plenty of RBs drafted late every year? Kareem Hunt, Phillip Lindsey, etc. there’s just no value in it. There’s a reason no one picked running backs early this year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom