2019 NFL Draft thread | The Boneyard

2019 NFL Draft thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Lets get it started with this beauty posted below... filmed by Gettleman himself.

I think the Giants take a center and OT with their first two picks (sorta of kidding here, it will be a defensive player and best available of OL/QB/DL/DB with the second pick).

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Interested to see what the Pats do. Common rationality would suggest that they take a TE like Fant, but I guess that the TE class is pretty deep so perhaps they wait...and the Patriots don't exactly tend to follow common rationale in the draft. Could be a WR who can make an immediate impact like AJ Brown. Guarantee Renfrow ends up on the Pats, unless someone really reaches for him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interested to see what the Pats do. Common rationality would suggest that they take a TE like Fant, but I guess that the TE class is pretty deep so perhaps they wait...and the Patriots don't exactly tend to follow common rationale in the draft. Could be a WR who can make an immediate impact like AJ Brown. Guarantee Renfrow ends up on the Pats, unless someone really reaches for him.

Not a pats fan, but I certainly respect their accomplishments. The intrigue for me with the Pats is which one of these second tier QBs do they take a flyer on.

Perhaps Rypien from Boise St? Jones from Duke?? Grier from WV or perhaps Finley from NC State.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not a pats fan, but I certainly respect their accomplishments. The intrigue for me with the Pats is which one of these second tier QBs do they take a flyer on.

Perhaps Rypien from Boise St? Jones from Duke?? Grier from WV or perhaps Finley from NC State.

My guess is that Jones won't be around by the time the Pats pick. Grier has visited New England, so he's a possibility, or Finley. Rosen is obviously a possibility if Arizona keeps the #1 pick and grabs Murray. I'd be intrigued to see the Pats take Dexter Lawrence...we haven't had a serious nose tackle since Wilfork.

Reaction Score
Really hoping the Jets find a way to trade down. Best case, ARZ doesnt take Murray and someone trades their whole draft to NYJ to move up. Unlikely to happen, so I’m expecting they end up with Bosa or Allen.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Patriots will take Finley in round two

The Giants no friggen idea on quarterback. I will say Jones if he is there with the 17th pick but who knows

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That intelligent people with massive amounts of money will give it to the New York Giants to watch their franchise destruct over not being able to move on from Eli Manning is incredible.

Reaction Score
If the NYG pick the kid Jones from Duke at 17 Gettleman may as well start packing up his office...Cutcliff should stop comparing him to Eli and start comparing him to his other protege Heath Shuler. IMHO I hope the NYG go with 2 of the following in the first round: White, Wilkins, Ferrell and Ford, then trade 37 to the Cards for Rosen.
If they take a QB 'Id like to see them pick in this order: Haskins/Lock, Grier, Jones/Stidham

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If the NYG pick the kid Jones from Duke at 17 Gettleman may as well start packing up his office...Cutcliff should stop comparing him to Eli and start comparing him to his other protege Heath Shuler. IMHO I hope the NYG go with 2 of the following in the first round: White, Wilkins, Ferrell and Ford, then trade 37 to the Cards for Rosen.
If they take a QB 'Id like to see them pick in this order: Haskins/Lock, Grier, Jones/Stidham
I watched some Daniel Jones highlights... certainly didn’t see an NFL arm or accuracy at medium and long distances. Must be some interesting off the field concerns about the other QBs in this draft if you Jones in your top four.

I like Ryan Finely as a round three value pick if they take a pass at all of the above. He’s a more athletic version of Jones.

Reaction Score
Just read the mock draft in today's Hartford Courant. Have Giants trading up for the Rams pick to take Greer from West Virginia. If Big Blue actually have 3 first round picks on Thursday night, there will by mass hysteria among G-Men fans. Gettleman will either be the toast of the town for astute picking, OR, be shown the door if said picks don't pan out.

Reaction Score
Just read the mock draft in today's Hartford Courant. Have Giants trading up for the Rams pick to take Greer from West Virginia. If Big Blue actually have 3 first round picks on Thursday night, there will by mass hysteria among G-Men fans. Gettleman will either be the toast of the town for astute picking, OR, be shown the door if said picks don't pan out.
Shurmur has watched Grier in person (WVU/OU game last season, Combine, Pro day) than any other QB in this draft outside of his son. I would say the only other kid he has probably seen play in college more than those 2 is Lock because of watching Mizzou play Vandy.
IMHO Daniel Jones will end up costing some GM and or HC their job(s).

Reaction Score
Taking a QB just to take one is dumb. Wait until next year which has a far superior QB class.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
well he didnt disappoint you wasted #6 on Jones

Reaction Score
I cannot believe the Giants just took Daniel Jones. Holy smokes what an awful pick

It was the worst pick in the draft until the Lions decided to take a tight end at #8

Reaction Score
Is Dan O covering the draft at all, hopefully day 2 or 3.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me why Dwayne Haskins is dropping? This legitimately is mind blowing

Reaction Score
LMAO great get to watch Haskins play the Giants twice a year. This really is just perfect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom