Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Haskins will come and haunt the Giants
I am so tired of the Giants stupidity
Jones is a Eli wanna be

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If the NYG pick the kid Jones from Duke at 17 Gettleman may as well start packing up his office...Cutcliff should stop comparing him to Eli and start comparing him to his other protege Heath Shuler. IMHO I hope the NYG go with 2 of the following in the first round: White, Wilkins, Ferrell and Ford, then trade 37 to the Cards for Rosen.
If they take a QB 'Id like to see them pick in this order: Haskins/Lock, Grier, Jones/Stidham
They fell in love. The one thing you can't afford to do in the draft.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Damn - someone with the cash that Dan O has should invest in a better shirt
Add a pocket protector to that Dan!!!
I agree with everything he said
Disappointing news from the Giants to say the least

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They loved his ability to deal with adversity which he did at Duke. I know a number of scouts were down on Haskins with his lack of ability to deal with adversity when being rushed and the Red Zone stats.

I wanted Josh Allen and then take Jones, even if they had to trade up a few spots.
I like Lawrence as a nose tackle and thought they might take Sweat from Miss St. My guess he has more issues than people are letting on too for him to fall this far.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Archie Manning has been running this team for a decade now.

With Davlin Thomlinson and now Dexter Lawrence we have two nose tackles - great.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Archie Manning has been running this team for a decade now.

With Davlin Thomlinson and now Dexter Lawrence we have two nose tackles - great.

Thomlinson can play end as well, but they need an outside pass rushed still and a corner, and more depth on defense.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How has no one mocked the Raiders on here? Hilarious pick. I also think it's kinda dumb that the Cardinals took Murray. Raiders wanted him so bad and are a train wreck. They would have given up an absurd amount of picks for him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me why Dwayne Haskins is dropping? This legitimately is mind blowing

My question is... how is Mike Golic Jr employed in sports media. His father is essentially brain dead and now he gets paid to eat fruit cups on TV in a too tight t-shirt. What a country.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How has no one mocked the Raiders on here? Hilarious pick. I also think it's kinda dumb that the Cardinals took Murray. Raiders wanted him so bad and are a train wreck. They would have given up an absurd amount of picks for him.
Probably because many of us are Giants fans and the Giants deserved to be mocked more than either of those teams. The Raiders passed on Oliver or Allen and drafted a D from Clemson who was a reach. Hmmmm....the Giants passed on Oliver and Allen and selected probably the 5 or 6 best QB in the draft at #6. The Raiders second pick I like. They needed a RB.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Probably because many of us are Giants fans and the Giants deserved to be mocked more than either of those teams. The Raiders passed on Oliver or Allen and drafted a D from Clemson who was a reach. Hmmmm....the Giants passed on Oliver and Allen and selected probably the 5 or 6 best QB in the draft at #6. The Raiders second pick I like. They needed a RB.

I dunno, man. I’d never pick a RB in the first round

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Watching Chris Mortensen is really uncomfortable. Feel for the guy, but it’s really not fair to put him on TV. He’s in over his head and it’s really sad

Reaction Score
Something is off about Sweat. He checks every box at one of the league's most important position and yet all these teams continue to pass.

I don't want to fall into the trap of assuming that a team had a bad draft just because they appeared to reach for a player, but Gettleman seems fit for the bozo role in a way that makes tonight feel more like a confirmation of things we already knew.

Reaction Score
They fell in love. The one thing you can't afford to do in the draft.
Yup 100%! So the NYG needed an edge rusher and draft another NG in Lawrence....as for Jones...let’s just say that after playing home US Marine and FDNY FF Chris Slutman tomorrow
Morning I will head back to my house and start gathering all my NYG apparel to burn in my fire pit when the rain stops! Hopefully John Mara ventures out to Starbucks in Rye Brook this weekend and I get a chance to vent a bit.

Reaction Score
The Dolphins are doing things the right way, the Giants should take note. They needed a qb but unlike the giants they didn’t stupidly reach for one when it was their pick. They have spent all offseason shedding albatross contracts and trading veterans for anything they could get. They know what a rebuild entails. The Giants don’t.

Reaction Score
The Dolphins are doing things the right way, the Giants should take note. They needed a qb but unlike the giants they didn’t stupidly reach for one when it was their pick. They have spent all offseason shedding albatross contracts and trading veterans for anything they could get. They know what a rebuild entails. The Giants don’t.
NYG won’t do anything different until either Tisch gives Mara an Ultimatum to buy his shares out or Mara sells...

Reaction Score
Something is off about Sweat. He checks every box at one of the league's most important position and yet all these teams continue to pass.

What’s off may be the thickness of his heart muscle... teams may be concerned about the potential for a cardiac issue that came up during the Combine (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). Teams are trying to figure out if it’s an longterm issue/concern or misdiagnosed @ Combine.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think the Redskins are drafting real well too. They were able to get Haskins, the QB they wanted, without moving up, and then moved up late in 1st round to grab a solid edge rusher.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What’s off may be the thickness of his heart muscle... teams may be concerned about the potential for a cardiac issue that came up during the Combine (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). Teams are trying to figure out if it’s an longterm issue/concern or misdiagnosed @ Combine.

I think in addition to that he was dismissed from Michigan State after being suspended a few times. ESPN guys said he didn't pass psych evals for a few teams, so I'm sure it's a constellation of stuff

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That feels like a lot to move up 7 slots but trust in Gettleman.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I don't want to fall into the trap of assuming that a team had a bad draft just because they appeared to reach for a player, but Gettleman seems fit for the bozo role in a way that makes tonight feel more like a confirmation of things we already knew.

I think Sweat is too tall - too light - not enough bend in his pass rush.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Mike Francesca promised us tonight the Giants wouldn’t take Daniel Jones at 6. Like most of his prognostications since returning from retirement he was totally wrong. Here is the silver lining, he hates their first two picks and since he is mostly wrong these days- then that is good because now they have a chance to succeed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like the Baker pick as he was the best corner in the draft. Lawrence can rush the passer and will help along the line. The Jones pick won't be known until next year or the year after when Eli retires or leaves.

Still need a pass rusher, offensive tackle, wide receiver and a safety.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Been laughing at this non-stop the last 5 minutes

Reaction Score
Feel bad for you Giants fans, you deserve better.

Daniel Jones at six, still can’t believe it.

On the bright side, I think Lawrence was an excellent pick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom