2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #2 UConn v. #3 Nebraska (6/2/19 @1p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #2 UConn v. #3 Nebraska (6/2/19 @1p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Mayock available to pitch? I haven’t heard him mentioned in a few weeks? Gardner?

I'm guessing Gardner is still out hurt. Have to think Mayock and Johnson are available to pitch, and very well may start as they haven't been used this regional. Thinking Johnson as he was considered a starting candidate during fall ball.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Helps that Nebraska hasn't been making great defensive plays today. That's a big help. Also reached the end of the Nebraska bullpen.

In the 9th I think Erstad put a couple of relief pitchers in because they're seniors, not because they're good pitchers.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Crispino has probably been doing play by play as long as Chris Jones has been alive. Why is he so bad at it?

Reaction Score
Crispino has probably been doing play by play as long as Chris Jones has been alive. Why is he so bad at it?

Agreed. Its little things that get annoying listening to him because they happen a lot.

Ex. runner on second, batter hits a single: "...the runner rounds second and scores..."

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Agreed. Its little things that get annoying listening to him because they happen a lot.

Ex. runner on second, batter hits a single: "...the runner rounds second and scores..."
He just goes on rants and is then shocked that a pitch is thrown. I think he forgets it’s radio and we can’t see. Delighted to have Chris as an option driving around today.

Reaction Score

Chris Jones has been broadcasting virtually every UConn baseball game since about 2011, plus stints with the Cape Cod League one summer, plus doing Connecticut Tigers games during the summer of 2016. How many baseball games has Crispino done in that time? Jones probably has done more baseball games than Crispino during that time. Jones has also built up a wealth of knowledge on the team that Crispino will never have because Jones virtually lives with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom