2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #2 UConn v. #3 Nebraska (6/2/19 @1p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3) | The Boneyard

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Oklahoma City Regional Elimination Game: #2 UConn v. #3 Nebraska (6/2/19 @1p ET > WatchESPN/ESPN3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good news for UConn baseball fans who like to listen to the games on radio. The UConn baseball schedule is showing the Nebraska game will be on WHUS! I really needed a Chris Jones fix! I was really missing Jones while listening to Mike Crispino yesterday.

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I wonder how Nebraska will react after blowing a 5 run lead and giving up a 3 run bomb with 2 out in the top of the 9th.

Reaction Score
Good news for UConn baseball fans who like to listen to the games on radio. The UConn baseball schedule is showing the Nebraska game will be on WHUS! I really needed a Chris Jones fix! I was really missing Jones while listening to Mike Crispino yesterday.
I don't know about yesterday, I was watching on ESPN3. But Friday's radio broadcasT on 97.9 had Jones and Crispino trading play-by-play and it was pretty good.

Reaction Score
I don't know about yesterday, I was watching on ESPN3. But Friday's radio broadcasT on 97.9 had Jones and Crispino trading play-by-play and it was pretty good.

Agree... they had some nice games together over the year. Crispino by himself is painful.

Reaction Score
I wonder how Nebraska will react after blowing a 5 run lead and giving up a 3 run bomb with 2 out in the top of the 9th.

With Huskers one out from regional win, Oklahoma State's three-run homer in ninth spells 6-5 loss

>>
Instead, third-seeded Nebraska (32-23) trudged off the Bricktown Balllpark field knowing it had the No. 9 national seed where it wanted it and didn't finish. NU fell to an elimination game against second-seeded UConn at noon Sunday. The winner advances to face OSU at 5 p.m., with an if-necessary game to follow Monday.

"It's do or die for us," NU senior shortstop Angelo Altavilla said. "That's all you really need to tell the guys. I do not want it to be my last game (Sunday). Not at all."<<

>>Nebraska has yet to announce its starter for Sunday, though senior righty Reece Eddins and freshmen lefty Kyle Perry appear to be the top candidates.<<

Reaction Score

Agree... they had some nice games together over the year. Crispino by himself is painful.

Well, Crispino was alone yesterday, Chris Jones was not on the broadcast. For a few innings Crispino had a very annoying conversation with a UConn athletics administrator who is retiring, so that did not help matters.

I don't think Crispino is necessarily bad doing these games, it is just that I think Chris Jones is so much better at doing the games and has much more to offer. Jones has an absolutely thorough knowledge of the team and of college baseball that is absolutely scary that Crispino doesn't come close to. I find that Jones is also very easy on the ears to listen to. Jones is also my wife's favorite baseball announcer on any level, which is saying something as my wife is an absolute baseball fanatic.

I also just prefer being able to listen to the games on radio rather than the internet. I just find radio broadcasts to be more flexible.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

Crispino isn't bad IMO, just outclassed by Jones (who is awesome).

Reaction Score

Agreed unfortunately. He’s tolerable with football but struggles with baseball. Incorrect counts/outs, misreading plays, etc.

Love listening to Jones whenever possible.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
How are the home teams determined? Are they bracket based or coin flip?

Reaction Score
19 hits Friday; 17 hits Saturday

I’ll sign up for 18 today and take our chances.

It will also help if Nebraska doesn't continue to make great defensive plays to snuff out UConn rallies like they did on Friday.

Reaction Score
Top 1st, early UConn rally with a Toppa walk and a Prato single with no out.

Reaction Score
Christian Fedko two out single drives in Toppa. 1-0 UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom