2019 Field Design | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Field Design

What’s your all-time favorite field design for UConn Football?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Yes and one is a P5 and the other beat us last year. Let's get ourselves in order, before we make fun of others. I love the trashtalking, but it's the results that'll have us either succeeding or we fail.
All three programs suck

Reaction Score
Field design going up right now...
IMG_7294.PNG

Reaction Score
I’m ok with the husky on the 50 as long as we get CONNECTICUT in 1 end zone and HUSKIES in the other.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Surprised nobody has suggested a picture of DH

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Ugh... really wanted #BlockC and CT state outline at midfield.

Reaction Score
Yale might be outrecruiting us right now, but we'll be back in a matter if time. I really cannot see how the school is going to change from FBS status. A solid schedule obviously will help. It looks to me as if they are still trying to develop the program's culture at the Rent.

If Geno approved of independence, knowing he's a football fan, I think we'll be ok.

Reaction Score
The Husky is our symbol, not the state outline or oversized block C’s. Having the C on the helmet for some games is fine, but the field design should emphasize the Husky, especially now that it’s not that fluffy one.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The Husky is our symbol, not the state outline or oversized block C’s. Having the C on the helmet for some games is fine, but the field design should emphasize the Husky, especially now that it’s not that fluffy one.
Meh, not a fan of the Blue Wolf which has only been our symbol for a few years. I like the idea of the state outline, either around the Block C or the Husky. It is a reminder that we are Connecticut's team. Something we've drifted away from with the "UCONN" rebranding.

Reaction Score
We are Connecticut's team. Something we've drifted away from with the "UCONN" rebranding.
I guess that’s the significant dividing line among the fan base. I much prefer UConn as our brand and the new Husky as our symbol.
UConn is what we’re known as across the country and beyond. It’s our version of UCLA. Why would we want to diminish a brand that has strong recognition in the marketplace and the media? Schools and businesses pay big bucks for that kind of branding.

CL82

Reaction Score
I guess that’s the significant dividing line among the fan base. I much prefer UConn as our brand and the new Husky as our symbol.
UConn is what we’re known as across the country and beyond. It’s our version of UCLA. Why would we want to diminish a brand that has strong recognition in the marketplace and the media? Schools and businesses pay big bucks for that kind of branding.
We ran away from our branding when we dropped the white husky. Prior to this recent change, all of the Jonathans except for the first one were white huskies. Suzie (lax) lamely talked about how there was no such thing as a white husky, which was idiotic.

A big part of our brand is that we are a land grant state university. The people who fill the stands aren't national they are state fans. Absolute agree that UConn is a recognizable nickname but it is a nickname. We are the University of Connecticut. It is a branding mistake to run away from that, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
well ...

I remember the confusion of a Glastonbury co-ed who's father pushed her to UCONN. Having spent years 1-15 in Ontario, Canada ... that Yukon really threw her.

There are a lot of University of _____________ .... and many many Land Grant University (though with Horsebarn Hill and animals present from your first site of campus - we are unique). But UCONN is us. It is distinctive. And I do love when someone has trouble with the sound or spelling. It sticks the Landing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Prior to this recent change, all of the Jonathans except for the first one were white Huskies. We are the University of Connecticut. It is a branding mistake to run away from that, in my opinion.
Actually, I believe they were Samoyeds, not Huskies. As for UConn v Connecticut I get that opinions are varied. I simply prefer UConn.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Actually, I believe they were Samoyeds, not Huskies. As for UConn v Connecticut I get that opinions are varied. I simply prefer UConn.

The actual dogs were Huskies. The old logo was a Samoyed. All the more reason why we really need to stop arguing about this either way.

CL82

Reaction Score
The actual dogs were Huskies. The old logo was a Samoyed. All the more reason why we really need to stop arguing about this either way.
It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom