2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Penn State and Oregon aren't exactly stepping stone jobs. Not sure why they're even listed.

Reaction Score
Hell no to Taggart. Sorry. The guy parlayed success at a smaller school into 1 year at USF, then 1 year at Oregon. Didn't really have big seasons at USF and Oregon and the success he did have there were with players someone else recruited. FSU was his real chance to shine at a school where recruiting is easy and he had all kinds of trouble.
Given Taggart’s losing career record and minimal success truly building programs, his agent(s) deserve their well-earned compensation. Taggart was actually at South Florida for 4 seasons where he had an 8 win season and a 10 win season, but he won primarily with Jim Leavitt’s and Skip Holtz’s recruits. Program builder? Sustained success? Dubious! Regardless, UConn’s unlikely to be in the market.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Penn State and Oregon aren't exactly stepping stone jobs. Not sure why they're even listed.
Yeah...i don't get the Franklin angle. PSU is a better job than FSU. Oregon is a weird job. Lots of Nike money but recruiting isn't as easy as FSU. And the Pac 12 isn't a great conference.

Reaction Score
Yeah...i don't get the Franklin angle. PSU is a better job than FSU. Oregon is a weird job. Lots of Nike money but recruiting isn't as easy as FSU. And the Pac 12 isn't a great conference.
ACC has 1 team to beat to makevthe playoffs. B1G has a much harder path. His best team at PSU got left out.

Reaction Score
ACC has 1 team to beat to makevthe playoffs. B1G has a much harder path. His best team at PSU got left out.
From one of the articles above in regards to the thought process of why Franklin makes sense:

“A well-regarded recruiter who hasn’t gotten over the hump in the loaded Big Ten East would have an easier path to the final four at FSU and the watered-down ACC.””

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That’s a lot of crab legs
Sure, but the complementary craw daddies helped make it all possible for Free Shoes

Sadly enough Free Shoes U has caught or surpassed UConn on academic rankings. At worst it is a peer state University and was #18 public U in 2020 USNWR ( I don't find it to be the Bible of school academics but UConn sure ran with the rankings as it became more highly ranked).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll go on a limb and suggest if FSU boosters were able to round up $20m to get rid of Taggart they also have a name and number for his replacement.

First two rules of leadership change-
1. If you are going to fire someone eventually, the sooner the better.
2. You always need a replacement in the waiting when replacing the leader.

Reaction Score
Sadly enough Free Shoes U has caught or surpassed UConn on academic rankings. At worst it is a peer state University and was #18 public U in 2020 USNWR ( I don't find it to be the Bible of school academics but UConn sure ran with the rankings as it became more highly ranked).
They have. Holy cow.

37% acceptance rate now, too. Commuter colleges becoming academic powerhouses. What the heck. Price sure would factor in.

Reaction Score
If I had to guess Norvell is going to FSU

+1, he would be a sensible choice given his experience down south. i get a kick out of James Franklin being a target for the Usc job. That's almost as bad as Ucla targeting Cal for the bball job. I'm not sure why a coach would leave a top b10 job for a pac12 job in an area like LA. He's got about as rabid a fan base at Penn St. and the B10 money. I can't believe he'd make that move unless they paid him excessive money.

Reaction Score
+1, he would be a sensible choice given his experience down south. i get a kick out of James Franklin being a target for the Usc job. That's almost as bad as Ucla targeting Cal for the bball job. I'm not sure why a coach would leave a top b10 job for a pac12 job in an area like LA. He's got about as rabid a fan base at Penn St. and the B10 money. I can't believe he'd make that move unless they paid him excessive money.
Franklin is killing it at Penn St. They ranked 5 right now and finished top 10 last year or the year before. He'd be an idiot to leave.

Reaction Score
Franklin is killing it at Penn St. They ranked 5 right now and finished top 10 last year or the year before. He'd be an idiot to leave.

Penn St will never make the playoff in the B1G. That’s why he’d leave.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Taggart should work for free boosters just anted up 20 million

Reaction Score
They have. Holy cow.

37% acceptance rate now, too. Commuter colleges becoming academic powerhouses. What the heck. Price sure would factor in.

Florida is funding its schools. That’s the driver of this. Florida St has hired tons of faculty, average class size is under 20 students. Connecticut is now cutting back. Florida is thriving. I’d love to see CT make some really bold moves to solve the pension and tax issues and revive the state. It’s scary how bad it’s getting up there.

Reaction Score
Penn St will never make the playoff in the B1G. That’s why he’d leave.
If they win the B1G they make the playoff. Not sure why that's being debated. He's got to beat Ohio State.

Reaction Score
I’d love to see CT make some really bold moves to solve the pension and tax issues and revive the state. It’s scary how bad it’s getting.
What kind of bold moves?

Reaction Score
If they win the B1G they make the playoff. Not sure why that's being debated. He's got to beat Ohio State.

Not true at all.. The B1G has been left out of the playoff the last 2 yrs. and they still have to beat Minnesota this week

Reaction Score
I got a feeling Norvell at Memphis will end up at FSU. He's probably the most reasonable choice. I'd take him over Mark Stoops.

Reaction Score
Not true at all.. The B1G has been left out of the playoff the last 2 yrs. and they still have to beat Minnesota this week
One of those teams was a 2-loss champion. Of course they didn't make the playoff that year.

Reaction Score
What kind of bold moves?

It is a Cesspool conversation, but lower taxes and pension reform are critical. Drastic measures to solve an outrageous problem. I’m not saying I have the answers but status quo will gut the state completely if it goes on much longer. That’s all I’ll say about it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom