2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed. | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2019 Coaching Carousel -> Picking up speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You obviously haven’t been paying attention to what Kiffin did at FAU and what he parlayed that in to. FAU is set up to be good for a while

I saw what chip kelly did. I saw what Jimbo did. Willie will not succeed there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Whoa, we have an under bidder here!

Reaction Score
Effectively, FSU is subsidizing FAU for part of what it might have had to pay....

Willie could have sat out and just collected his $1.8 million a year over 10 years. The offset from FAU will help FSU a little.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
OL coach promoted to Head Coach? Bold strategy there Cotton.

Reaction Score
Until Dabo is gone, I can't see BC finished better than 2nd in their division depending on how well Norvell does at FSU

Reaction Score
Good lord, Mark Blaudschun's coverage is all over the place. He's also able to take one tidbit of info and write a full article about nothing.

Reaction Score
Until Dabo is gone, I can't see BC finished better than 2nd in their division depending on how well Norvell does at FSU
ACC still plays an 8 conference game schedule, so it’s manageable to get BC bowl eligible on a consistent basis which is what Addazio did. The ACC Atlantic is not an easy division, but BC could not break through the past few years with FSU down.

BC is taking a big risk hiring Hafley. He has a reputation as a great recruiter, but he has no head coaching experience and he is co-defensive coordinator in name only so he really has no coordinator experience.

The goal of the new BC coach is to have an 8 or9 win season, maybe pull an upset, and move on to a better job.

Reaction Score
Besides new HCs and their staffs, there are always changes to the assistant coaching positions. When does that merry-go-round generally start? After the dust has settled for the HC vacancies?

Reaction Score
ACC still plays an 8 conference game schedule, so it’s manageable to get BC bowl eligible on a consistent basis which is what Addazio did. The ACC Atlantic is not an easy division, but BC could not break through the past few years with FSU down.

BC is taking a big risk hiring Hafley. He has a reputation as a great recruiter, but he has no head coaching experience and he is co-defensive coordinator in name only so he really has no coordinator experience.

The goal of the new BC coach is to have an 8 or9 win season, maybe pull an upset, and move on to a better job.

Disagree on Hafley. I think he is about as good of a hire as they could hope to make. It shows me there is still a little cachet attached to the position. If he hires well on the offensive side of the ball he’ll do alright. He will clean up the 3* talent in the NJ private and Catholic Programs. He’ll give his old mentor fits on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
Hafley could be a good recruiter, but the Joisey native, Siena alum had not coached college ball before 2019 since 2011 and bounced around every season or so in the NFL and college alike. Yup, bcu’s AD, an ex-OHSU asst AD, may be rolling ‘em at a far more challenging school to recruit than Columbus. Time will tell ...

Reaction Score
Disagree on Hafley. I think he is about as good of a hire as they could hope to make. It shows me there is still a little cachet attached to the position. If he hires well on the offensive side of the ball he’ll do alright. He will clean up the 3* talent in the NJ private and Catholic Programs. He’ll give his old mentor fits on the recruiting trail.
As I said, great recruiter, no experience as a head coach or coordinator. It could be a great hire, but it’s a high risk hire. He has not been an offensive coach and he has never hired an offensive coordinator or any other coach.

What this hire tells me is BC decided to hire on the cheap so they could not attract a proven head coach. People may fault Rutgers for hiring Schiano, but even if he doesn’t work out, he has helped fix two of Rutgers problems: low spending on coaches and facilities.

Reaction Score
Although we’ll never get details because BC is private, rumor is Hafley got $3MM/yr. I wouldn’t call that hiring on the cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom