2019 AAC Football Media Days - July 15th/16th in Newport RI | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2019 AAC Football Media Days - July 15th/16th in Newport RI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have any concept of time value of money? Google that for me, and then check the AAC tv deal.
Do you? That’s the whole point. You’re in a PV hole of -$12.5-14 Million at the start and we swapped out for lower revenue over time. If timing was an issue, you wait until the current commitment runs out. Your entire analysis is premised on UConn generating big $$ in the future for the NBE... an unknown and not likely given the value of college BB in the overall mix. Whatever. People will convince themselves of whatever suits their persuasion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you? That’s the whole point. You’re in a PV hole of -$12.5-14 Million at the start and we swapped out for lower revenue over time. If timing was an issue, you wait until the current commitment runs out. Your entire analysis is premised on UConn generating big $$ in the future for the NBE... an unknown and not likely given the value of college BB in the overall mix. Whatever. People will convince themselves of whatever suits their persuasion.

you are just wrong. your last sentence nails you.

Reaction Score
you are just wrong. your last sentence nails you.
Good grief. It’s simple addition and subtraction. If you want to get more accurate add in cost of capital and discounted cash flow. The whole thing turns on a promise that the future will bring big dollars in basketball conference. The university already said it would be going deeper into a hole. I think the AAC deal sucks on its own merits, precisely because of its long term at a fixed rate. We are trading down revenue and absorbing huge costs on a bet. This is called bad business.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good grief. It’s simple addition and subtraction. If you want to get more accurate add in cost of capital and discounted cash flow. The whole thing turns on a promise that the future will bring big dollars in basketball conference. The university already said it would be going deeper into a hole. I think the AAC deal sucks on its own merits, precisely because of its long term at a fixed rate. We are trading down revenue and absorbing huge costs on a bet. This is called bad business.

Okey dokey. You are like a snake eating it’s own tail chasing football.

Reaction Score
Okey dokey. You are like a snake eating it’s own tail chasing football.
He's not the one convincing himself that FBS independence is a viable path forward. FBS Independence for UConn is going to resemble the trajectory of an aircraft that loses a wing - rapidly descending, chaotic, and terminating in a crater. This deal makes perfect sense to me, given only that UConn is preparing to euthanize its football program. There are really only two viable destinations for UConn football - FCS and oblivion. The former seems pointless which makes the inevitable outcome obvious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He's not the one convincing himself that FBS independence is a viable path forward. FBS Independence for UConn is going to resemble the trajectory of an aircraft that loses a wing - rapidly descending, chaotic, and terminating in a crater. This deal makes perfect sense to me, given only that UConn is preparing to euthanize its football program. There are really only two viable destinations for UConn football - FCS and oblivion. The former seems pointless which makes the inevitable outcome obvious.

Yeah UConn in the AAC was going well!

You guys are dead wrong. Could not be more wrong.

Reaction Score
Yeah UConn in the AAC was going well!

You guys are dead wrong. Could not be more wrong.

No, things weren't going well in AAC. You are right. The ship hit the ice berg. It's settling at the bow, and the forecastle is almost submerged. So the Administration put the basketball team in lifeboat 14 and then told the football team to go listen to the orchestra playing "Nearer My God to Thee". That's the reality. Fantasies about independence and SNY money will not change it.

Reaction Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom