2019-2020 Bowl Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2019-2020 Bowl Game Thread

Reaction Score
That targetting call turned this game.

Agreed. It opened the door, and you simply can not open the door for a championship team like Clemson. I know it is cliche, but those guys aren't going away without a fight.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am glad that Oklahoma got embarrassed. The Big 12's scheduling is a joke, and the CFP deserves to be ridiculed for believing that it is a major conference whose champion was deserving of a bid to the CFP. The CFP went full popularity contest and invited an Oklahoma team that had not been tested.

The Big 12 does the 9 game round robin, and the entire league only played 10 major conference opponents OOC, and the Big 12's BEST non-conference win is KState over Miss. State.

The CFP has to eliminate FCS opponents and require more inter-conference games, or it will continue to get surprised like this in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
LSU wins. No matter who wins in the Clemson OSU game, neither are coming close to the firepower that is LSU's offense

Reaction Score
I am glad that Oklahoma got embarrassed. The Big 12's scheduling is a joke, and the CFP deserves to be ridiculed for believing that it is a major conference whose champion was deserving of a bid to the CFP. The CFP went full popularity contest and invited an Oklahoma team that had not been tested.

The Big 12 does the 9 game round robin, and the entire league only played 10 major conference opponents OOC, and the Big 12's BEST non-conference win is KState over Miss. State.

The CFP has to eliminate FCS opponents and require more inter-conference games, or it will continue to get surprised like this in the playoffs.
I'd say the Big XII is better than the Pac 12 though

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

That is an opinion, but who knows? The conferences do all they can to protect their champions, and then hope the PR campaigns can do the rest. College football is a joke. One step above professional wrestling.

Reaction Score
Guy with 40tds and 1int on the year throws 2 ints and loses the game on one. Brutal.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The targeting and roughing the punter penalties were totally the difference in the game. Both led directly to Clemson touchdowns. Massive mental mistakes by Ohio State.

Reaction Score
Most physical game I have seen In a long time. OSU screwed themselves trying to block the punt. They would have had good field position.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

It'd be a boon for UConn as an indy!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That is an opinion, but who knows? The conferences do all they can to protect their champions, and then hope the PR campaigns can do the rest. College football is a joke. One step above professional wrestling.

thats two steps above the nfl and nba!

Reaction Score
Outside of Oregon and maybe USC this year, the Pac 12 is pretty much on par with the AAC. The Big XII had Baylor and OU rightfully in the top 10, and OK State ranked as well.

Reaction Score
How many NFL teams will be tripping over themselves to lose every game next year to get Lawrence? If I owned the Dolphins I would hire Rich Kotite as my head coach for next season.

Reaction Score
How many NFL teams will be tripping over themselves to lose every game next year to get Lawrence? If I owned the Dolphins I would hire Rich Kotite as my head coach for next season.

A lot of people down here have already been talking about that. Flores won't let it happen though. He prepares the team and they play too hard to end up in position to draft him.

Reaction Score
The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Carolina Panthers are the only two teams who can easily tank for Lawrence. After losing Jalen Ramsey, Sadiq Khan will probably make sure the Jaguars win the sweepstakes for the #1 pick. Heck, Jaguars fans would support it.

The Cincinnati Bengals might finally win a Super Bowl.

Justin Fields should be a first rounder. Nasty arm.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Freakin' Patriots. I'd tell ya...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Would have preferred OSU to win. They don't come more insufferable than Dabo Swinney. Looking for a 30 pt beat down by LSU.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It'd be a boon for UConn as an indy!

Why doesn't the CFP treat FCS games like the basketball Selection Committee treats D2 games? They shouldn't count.

The basketball Selection Committee has issues and insane favoritism towards the major programs, but they look totally objective compared to the CFP selection committee, whose primary criteria seems to be the size of a team's fan base.

Reaction Score
A lot of people down here have already been talking about that. Flores won't let it happen though. He prepares the team and they play too hard to end up in position to draft him.
As a Dolphins fan, that annoys me to no end. I hope the 4 wins this year is a comfort when we’re stuck with Josh Rosen for the next five years. The NFL really should switch to a lottery system like the NBA.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Worst non-fumble call I've seen since the tuck rule call.

OSU got jobbed.

they had a couple pretty brutal replay reviews go against them.

although this is a meteor game for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom