2019-2020 AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2019-2020 AAC

Reaction Score
Tulane takes a hit: Sehic is staying in the NBA draft. Doubt he'll be drafted, but a good, smart big with stretch potential.

Curious how Hunter responds and builds his rotations. He never really had true size at Georgia State, so having traditional raw 5 options like Koka, Ajang and Langton could be intriguing.

However, could go a smaller, more skilled lineup with Ona Embo/Thomas/Barrett at 1-3 and then have Zhang and Lawson as the "bigs".

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
time's ticking on cumberland really hope he comes back

Reaction Score
I didn’t see this posted anywhere else so my apologies if it was.

NBC Sports updated preseason top 25
Notables: #9 Memphis & #22 Houston

Reaction Score
Cumberland is coming back. HUGE news for Cincy.

It will interesting to watch him(them) in less of a half court system like Cronin stressed. He likes to push the ball so my guess is this sets up well for him particularly if they add another shooter. He's awful tough to handle in the open court one on one.

Reaction Score
Memphis
Houston
Wichita state
Cincinnati
UConn
USF
Temple
UCF
ECU
SMU
Tulane
Tulsa

Houston without brooks will have some bumps along the way but Sampson will have them ready come march. AAC Tourney is in Texas this year too.

Reaction Score
- Gregg Marshall added a nice class to the young foundation he built last year. This is Wichita State's most talented team ever. Sherfield and Etienne will be fun 4 year players to watch develop.
- Houston could be even stronger again with Jarreau moving into the starting lineup for Davis.
- Ron Hunter just added KJ Lawson and Christion Thompson to go with every meaningful player Dunleavy had except Daniels. He's waiting on Daniels now.
- Tulsa had a surprisingly decent offseason. Getting Ugboh was big for them.
- Dawkins loaded up on bigs at UCF (including the kid who left TCU). The Knights may take the preseason to gell but they'll be a tough out.
- I really like Aaron McKie at Temple. Landing Strickland (Wisconsin) and Forrester (Indiana) as well as Josh Pierre-Louis was a great start to his tenure.
- Jankovich has had a productive recruiting cycle for SMU as well. Jolly was big, as was getting Charles Smith IV and Darius McNeill from Cal.
- ECU got a lot bigger and a lot more athletic in Dooley's second year. He went heavy Juco for the measurables, so that team can take the pre-season before we see how they compliment Jayden Garner and Williams.
- Cincinnati was a consensus Top 25 team before Cronin left. Most of the intrigue surrounding them centers on Cumberland returning. They lost Brooks but have the other Mamadou to take his place. Brannen has a good core to work with but is on his grind as well.
- USF adds Zack Dawson to what should be a tournament contender next year. They were young last year, so we should see a nice jump from Yetna, Collins, etc.
- Memphis is good.
- UConn is on its grind.

Sounds like the top RPI (or whatever measure we're using today) conference in the country. YES!!!

Reaction Score
I'll tally a consensus during work tomorrow... last chance to get your votes in!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
  1. Wichita State
  2. Houston
  3. Memphis
  4. UConn
  5. Cincinnati
  6. USF
  7. Tulsa
  8. Temple
  9. ECU
  10. USF
  11. SMU
  12. Tulane

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Memphis
Wichita St.
Houston
Cincinnati
UCONN
UCF
USF
Temple
Tulsa
SMU
ECU
Tulane

Reaction Score
1. Memphis
2. Wichita St.
3. Cincinnati
4. UH
5. UConn
6. USF
7. Temple
8. ECU
9. Tulane
10. Tulsa
11. SMU

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Memphis
Houston
WSU
Cinci
USF
UConn
UCF
Temple
Tulsa
SMU
ECU
Tulane

The conference as a whole is getting better. I think you can put 1-3 in a hat and shake it up and either team can land in any of those spots. Same goes for 4-8 and 9-12. Not a huge drop off between the three groups but definitely some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom