2019/20 UConn Recruiting | Page 102 | The Boneyard

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Courtside Films has put together a sophomore mixtape of the human highlight reel Paige Bueckers:

Paige will fake out the opposition, the cameramen, the officials, and half the people in the gym. Impressive!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige scored 20 in the win.

Point guard Paige Bueckers had 20 despite playing what she called "not my best game."

Hopkins moves on to the state tourney where they lost in the final last year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I noticed that as well, I also noticed that her overall rankings of #1 and #5 are the highest for a player from the state of Washington since Angie Bjorklund back in 2007, who had a so so career.

Yeah, I was kinda irked when she went to Tennessee. Didn't come close to living up to the hype. While all the national recruitniks were all about Bjorklund, some of the people who know HS hoops in the state of Washington thought the player from that class to really keep an eye on was an under the radar smallish point guard from Kentwood HS named...Courtney Vandersloot. We all know which of those two turned out better by a huge margin, both in college and professionally.

edited--Note that Angie's older sister Jamie stayed home for college and played at Gonzaga. GU and Tennessee met up once or twice while the sisters were both in school. Their parents got t-shirts made up that were half Tennessee and half Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Seeing a lot of in homes of our potential recruits.........I hope UConn has somebody on the road this week

Reaction Score
Husky targets and USA Basketball teammates (Bueckers, Fudd, Brunelle) pictured at 2.4.2018 Skills Workout with Fairfax (VA) Stars coaches and special guest instructor Ganon Baker.

31B7B92E-43FF-4C94-B64F-286B52CB19F6.jpeg

Reaction Score
Can't wait until we see these three in the team picture together in 2021.Wait,does that mean we all have to be three years older? Maybe we can just wait and fantasize about when it does eventually happen.:)

Reaction Score

from an 2016 interview

Beal, who has about 25 offers, said she has long admired Connecticut and Stanford, for different reasons.

"Everyone is amazed at Connecticut," said Beal, adding that the Huskies have not contacted her. "They win championship after championship, and I have rooted for them each time."

Beal said Stanford has contacted her father, and she lists that school as the type of program she wants -- high academic standards combined with athletic excellence.

"Whether I go there or not, I want to have my (GPA) be good enough for Stanford," said Beal, who has a 3.7.

Beal said her first scholarship offer came from the University of Iowa when she was only in sixth grade.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/9

Cameron Brink had 16 points and 10 rebounds today in Southridge's state semifinal win.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well that would mean Buecker's going to Siena College. :rolleyes:

That would be a stunning development, wouldn't it? I would love to see something like that happen.

Reaction Score
Husky targets and USA Basketball teammates (Bueckers, Fudd, Brunelle) pictured at 2.4.2018 Skills Workout with Fairfax (VA) Stars coaches and special guest instructor Ganon Baker.

View attachment 29241
Hmm. Do we think we know where they are going to college together?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Potentially awful news for Aubrey Griffin. She had 36 points and 12 rebounds tonight to get Ossining into the state championships.

Late in the game she felt something in her knee on a non-contact play going for a layup. The trainer checked her out and reportedly was discouraged with the results.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Potentially awful news for Aubrey Griffin. She had 36 points and 12 rebounds tonight to get Ossining into the state championships.

Late in the game she felt something in her knee on a non-contact play going for a layup. The trainer checked her out and reportedly was discouraged with the results.
Awful!!!!!! Here's hoping for the best!

Reaction Score

hoping for good news.........

Reaction Score

from an 2016 interview

Beal, who has about 25 offers, said she has long admired Connecticut and Stanford, for different reasons.

"Everyone is amazed at Connecticut," said Beal, adding that the Huskies have not contacted her. "They win championship after championship, and I have rooted for them each time."

Beal said Stanford has contacted her father, and she lists that school as the type of program she wants -- high academic standards combined with athletic excellence.

"Whether I go there or not, I want to have my (GPA) be good enough for Stanford," said Beal, who has a 3.7.

Beal said her first scholarship offer came from the University of Iowa when she was only in sixth grade.

I like the determination.

Overall, my main comment is quit screwing around and get Boston. Local kid with great upside and immediate benefits. While we gaze to Australia and other locations, we have the answer in our relative backyard.

Reaction Score
I like the determination.

Overall, my main comment is quit screwing around and get Boston. Local kid with great upside and immediate benefits. While we gaze to Australia and other locations, we have the answer in our relative backyard.

If I'm not mistaken the ball is in Boston's court...................she is a 2019 recruit while Ezi is 2018..............Boston may be waiting to see what transpires even though they are different kinds of players...............with ONO and Ezi do UConn even want or need a distinct low post presence? I'd say yes but that's Geno's call..........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom