2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 96 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does it look like Rayam is leaning towards anyone?
I haven't seen anything...no articles or social media indicating anything. Rayam might be holding a little longer in case Clemson comes along which was mentioned as sniffing in one of the stories.

Its time for Edsall to get it done. He's got to reel in Woodson, Rayam and Black.

Reaction Score
Expect to get 2 or 3 from your list of 7 if UConn is lucky. Most of the time doing anything beyond Medic's general list of offers is a crap shoot. Most of the list of 7 are from down south and will be evaluating new offers or even PWOs that may arise. Remember the RB last year who took a PWO from Florida rather than a scholly from UConn. The final group of commits is still taking shape and will have names we have not heard.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Follow up - looks like Kirk Merritt landed at Ark St. So - Lashlee did not bring him to SMU.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Connor Parks retweeted Edsall today, but I wouldn't make much of it. He seems to change interest in teams as often as one changes underwear...from Purdue, to Pitt, to FAU, to Southern Miss, to Akron (I think Akron? Some MAC school), to who knows who else

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And I do think you are wrong Exit 4 on Francis Bemiy. And you have made that a weekly drumbeat. I bet he is Defense and he plays because of shear athleticism.

I didn't get around to this yesterday, but before I forget, remember this one Pudge? How you wrongly chastised me for questioning Bemiy's fit on this team? So the staff watched his senior tape and chased him off. Huh, so I was right and you?

I'm moving on big guy. My tip to you is to change your ways to drop the condescension....its not warranted.

Reaction Score
I didn't get around to this yesterday, but before I forget, remember this one Pudge? How you wrongly chastised me for questioning Bemiy's fit on this team? So the staff watched his senior tape and chased him off. Huh, so I was right and you?

I'm moving on big guy. My tip to you is to change your ways to drop the condescension....its not warranted.

What BS

You’ve pointedly tried to emphasize that, by watching tapes, you deduced that Bemiy was not qualified to be on UConn’s Team. You have no inside knowledge and I’d opine that a good 10 other guys here are far more capable. I admit that I know what I like ... but don’t view HS athletes with the rigor of professional evaluation

We don’t know why Bemiy was off’d. We do know that Edsall watches Senior film closely. And in 15 years, I can’t think of a comparable case.

I like the GAME you’ve carved up; and many many BY guys are following. But the base truth is Edsall is really really hard to track in recruiting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What BS

You’ve pointedly tried to emphasize that, by watching tapes, you deduced that Bemiy was not qualified to be on UConn’s Team. You have no inside knowledge and I’d opine that a good 10 other guys here are far more capable. I admit that I know what I like ... but don’t view HS athletes with the rigor of professional evaluation

We don’t know why Bemiy was off’d. We do know that Edsall watches Senior film closely. And in 15 years, I can’t think of a comparable case.

I like the GAME you’ve carved up; and many many BY guys are following. But the base truth is Edsall is really really hard to track in recruiting.

Yep- I did nail it dude on Bemiy. He’s the only recruit I have questioned this year from watching tape. You on the other hand were wrong. I wouldn’t make a big deal about except you were needlessly condescending at the time, so now I have to go back.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yep- I did nail it dude on Bemiy. He’s the only recruit I have questioned this year from watching tape. You on the other hand were wrong. I wouldn’t make a big deal about except you were needlessly condescending at the time, so now I have to go back.

Wait, so we offered Francis Beimy and he's not coming? I somehow never heard about this

Reaction Score
Due to Brayden Brown's departure and stated hope to play O at Lackawanna JC versus BCS D, 1 more opportunity opens for the Huskies and 2018 Edsall BCS recruits.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Due to Brayden Brown's departure and stated hope to play O at Lackawanna JC versus BCS D, 1 more opportunity opens for the Huskies and 2018 Edsall BCS recruits.

He announced he was leaving a ways back I think

Reaction Score

These pages lose much of their enjoyment when too much "I" is used in the discussion. This should be an informational thread about UConn Football recruiting. Not an "I am right", "You are wrong" pissing match about highlight tapes. If remembered correctly, you weren't crazy about the Baldonado kid and he ends up with offers from Mich St and Nebraska. Exit 4, your effort on the board is appreciated, but let Twitter be an information source and not a predictive tool. Recruiting is a complex game. Edsall has his style that is separate and apart from any star ratings, social media activity, or other offers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
These pages lose much of their enjoyment when too much "I" is used in the discussion. This should be an informational thread about UConn Football recruiting. Not an "I am right", "You are wrong" pissing match about highlight tapes. If remembered correctly, you weren't crazy about the Baldonado kid and he ends up with offers from Mich St and Nebraska. Exit 4, your effort on the board is appreciated, but let Twitter be an information source and not a predictive tool. Recruiting is a complex game. Edsall has his style that is separate and apart from any star ratings, social media activity, or other offers.

If people are going to be jerks, then its hard to ignore. If people could learn to contribute without being smug it would be nice.

If you also recall, I changed my mind on Baldonado a few days after the offer and before the flood of P5 offers. I watched the tape a few more times and got a better appreciation for his body control relative to his size despite what looks like second tier competition. FWIW I rewatch many tapes of prospects, commits and sometimes kids that are already part of the program over the course of a recruiting season to see if my opinion has changed. I also rewatch some kids when I have a new appreciation for what to look for.

Reaction Score
What BS

Perhaps They knew Bemiy’s transcripts wouldn’t hold up in admissions and he was graciously allowed to exit stage left and seek another home.
Just guessing here.

Reaction Score
If people are going to be jerks, then its hard to ignore. If people could learn to contribute without being smug it would be nice.

If you also recall, I changed my mind on Baldonado a few days after the offer and before the flood of P5 offers. I watched the tape a few more times and got a better appreciation for his body control relative to his size despite what looks like second tier competition. FWIW I rewatch many tapes of prospects, commits and sometimes kids that are already part of the program over the course of a recruiting season to see if my opinion has changed. I also rewatch some kids when I have a new appreciation for what to look for.
If you can rank, which incoming kids do you like the most and believe will have the most impact next season?
Thanks in Advance!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If you can rank, which incoming kids do you like the most and believe will have the most impact next season?
Thanks in Advance!
Well, I’m going to wait until the kids are all signed before making such a post. There are some big fish for this class still to be reeled in. Very broadly I like Kevon Jones a lot but I have good feelings about many kids and the various roles they can play to make the collective better. Maybe we can pm after the class is signed up.

Reaction Score
Connor Parks retweeted Edsall today, but I wouldn't make much of it. He seems to change interest in teams as often as one changes underwear...from Purdue, to Pitt, to FAU, to Southern Miss, to Akron (I think Akron? Some MAC school), to who knows who else

Picked up offer from Kent State today...

Reaction Score
Well, I’m going to wait until the kids are all signed before making such a post. There are some big fish for this class still to be reeled in. Very broadly I like Kevon Jones a lot but I have good feelings about many kids and the various roles they can play to make the collective better. Maybe we can pm after the class is signed up.
Sounds like a plan

Reaction Score
I'm having no luck getting this twitter post to load, what did it say? thanks in advance.

Must have been deleted - list of schools who visited this week... UConn one of half dozen D1 schools.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kaymar Mimes commits to Pitt. Apparently his older brother played under Narduzzi. I guess we can take some joy in that he is not going to BC or Rutty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom