2018 Recruiting Thread | Page 94 | The Boneyard

2018 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

This could provide relief for watching the Eagles excel tonight.

Btw, my reading of Greg Grate’s twitter tonight is that he is committing to Mid Ten after his visit there this weekend. Mid Ten was the first school this fall to really recruit him.

I think he should commit and then visit us in secret.

Reaction Score

Jalon Farrell is a 6-2 175lb DB from Miami Killen Senior High School in Miami Florida. Other offers from Florida A&M, Morgan State, North Carolina Central University and Valdosta.

Highlights

This has Terry Richardson’s fingerprints all over it ;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Brayden Willis received an offer from Oklahoma tonight and Landon Beebe committee to Missouri State which is FCS.

Willis was too talented not to have better offers and I guess Beebe didn’t want to leave the home state. Beebe would have been a fine center for us.

Reaction Score
... Btw, my reading of Greg Grate’s twitter tonight is that he is committing to Mid Ten after his visit there this weekend. Mid Ten was the first school this fall to really recruit him.

I think he should commit and then visit us in secret.

Reaction Score

Jalon Farrell is a 6-2 175lb DB from Miami Killen Senior High School in Miami Florida. Other offers from Florida A&M, Morgan State, North Carolina Central University and Valdosta.

Highlights

This has Terry Richardson’s fingerprints all over it ;)

Twitter activity seemss to show this is the kid

Reaction Score
Still holding out hope that Jalen Rayam pulls the trigger before the week ends... He's that kind of LB we're used to seeing on our D. Nothing passive about his game. I know we have a solid corp in place so far, but to bring him in the fray as well would complete it.

Reaction Score
Lake Mineola (central FL), 5'9"ish RB Fred Jackson - unclear offers, but lots of yards
Lake Minneola RB Fred Jackson finished season with a flurry, 454 yards | Stat Leaders
Scouting on Jackson has picked up since the spring. University of Miami, Bowling Green, Middle Tennessee State, Georgia Southern, Campbell, Appalachian State, South Florida, and Central Florida are watching. Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Western Kentucky, Notre Dame (Ohio), and Army have all offered.
Interview: Exciting 2018 Florida RB Fred Jackson Updates Season and Recruiting
Jackson seems to have P5 speed and ability, size (5’8.5, 170) may have kept schools away early on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A nice looking DE commits to Cincy. I feel like we already know this team since they have landed Metz and Sanders. We will have to toss some screens and bombs to get past these guys.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So it seems we are down to the following priorities to complete the class. My best guess is that seven more is the max we can take without grayshirting someone:
  1. Christian Haynes (OL) - Bowie High School, Bowie Maryland
  2. Jalen Rayam (LB) - Thompson High School, Alabaster Alabama
  3. Landon Woodson (DE) - Stafford High School, Falmouth Virginia
  4. Messiah Turner (DB) - Tampa Catholic High School, Tampa Florida
  5. Dante Black (RB) - Brookwood High School, Snellville Georgia
  6. Wildcard: Steve Gilmore (CB/WR) - South Pointe High School, Rocky Hill, South Carolina
  7. Wildcard: Liam Maloney (OL/TE/DL) - Holy Trinity/Notre Dame Bishop Gibbons High School, Schenectady New York (UConn Commit 8/3/17)

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So it seems we are down to the following priorities to complete the class. My best guess is that seven more is the max we can take without grayshirting someone:
  1. Christian Haynes (OL) - Bowie High School, Bowie Maryland
  2. Jalen Rayam (LB) - Thompson High School, Alabaster Alabama
  3. Landon Woodson (DE) - Stafford High School, Falmouth Virginia
  4. Messiah Turner (DB) - Tampa Catholic High School, Tampa Florida
  5. Dante Black (RB) - Brookwood High School, Snellville Georgia
  6. Wildcard: Steve Gilmore (CB/WR) - South Pointe High School, Rocky Hill, South Carolina
  7. Wildcard: Liam Maloney (OL/TE/DL) - Holy Trinity/Notre Dame Bishop Gibbons High School, Schenectady New York (UConn Commit 8/3/17)

Haynes looks like he's coming to us. My top priority would be Rayam and Dante Black. Rayam looked like he had an awesome nose for the ball.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Haynes looks like he's coming to us. My top priority would be Rayam and Dante Black. Rayam looked like he had an awesome nose for the ball.
Yes, I think Haynes is just waiting on the OL Coach announcement if I had to guess....but he is coming - I think. Turner definitely seems to be leaning our way as well. To finish strong we need Rayam, Woodson and Black.....and the mysterious Gilmore can be a cherry on top.

Reaction Score
Given the numbers, I think you could see 2 more totally mystery recruits from Florida. Terry Richardson. Past Edsall history is full of this & they sometimes are higher rated fallout from bigger name Programs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Given the numbers, I think you could see 2 more totally mystery recruits from Florida. Terry Richardson. Past Edsall history is full of this & they sometimes are higher rated fallout from bigger name Programs.
Are you saying we could exceed the 25 head cap? If so, how could we do that unless you think Randy will ask kids to defer enrollment, which means they could walk during the deferral period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom